Hair is my topic!

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello people,

I have finally achieved the four official replies that I need to create my own post.

I would like to talk about the hair systems and covers lots of aspects of them in this one thread instead of making 20 topics and people feel I am spamming or whatever.

The first thing I would like to talk about is something that comes up often "I wish I had the money to afford it".
Unless you are in some dire predicament, that you are a student and do not work, that you have to pay for a liver transplant or etc... YOU CAN afford it. This is like obese people giving excuses. You don't have an excuse in 2015 to be obese unless you have a disease or condition that prevents you from moving...and even then... The information on the net on how to be slim is overwhelming! Sugar is a "sweet poison"...and all the information on having a great diet is available everywhere!
So...you can afford your hair system. It maybe harder for some than others but, if it wasn't possible - the companies who make these...would lower their prices! I have found myself at times where my finances where "thiner"... And upon close inspection I found myself going to restaurants several times a week, buying all kinds of junk I did not need - for example - you don't need more than 3 or 4 pairs of jeans and, they will last years! Restaurants are quite expensive and...the food is generally bad for you. You will do more mileage with a grocery and eat more healthy. Your body will go with...you hair! Do you need a car? I live in a giant city where a car is actually a...disadvantage... I have saved thousands of dollars by NOT having one (and insurance, gas, maintenant, etc...). If you don't have a car - you will not only take buses but, you will walk more which will be good for your health! You can also in the long run save money by looking more closely at your electricity. Heating, lights and so on can save you a bundle - if you put all these things together and MUCH more - you are probably already paying for your hair system!

Be back soon!

George!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
So you wear hair? Let us see. Post some pics.

George W Hitler

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94405-Old-guy-editorial-gig/page3

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

So...
The other thing is that I STRONGLY don't suggest for anyone is to "do it yourself". That is unless you have someone who will help you and is in the business of hair replacement or is a qualified stylist or the likes. I am presently "in between" of changing studio (going to the new one Wednesday) and have to do the tape myself - which I change daily. This is not the way to do it. Once the hair is glued with tape (or if you don't use tape) it cannot be removed for X amount of time. The hair from the piece much "match" the "real" hair (both hairs are actually real!). Hair on piece should "melt" with yours.
The person at the studio who will take care of you will give you explicit instructions on how to take care of it. If you are nervous or too excited (like I was) tape everything with your phone or take notes. Maintenance for many people is every 4 weeks - I go every 3 weeks. Maybe for the first time you could go after two weeks - if not to have it treated - just to ask questions - address concerns and so on. This is not hair that grows on your head - it is to hair what dentures are to teeth. It will bother you a lot at first. You must resist the urge to scratch, you must not pull on the hair as the hairs are held by knots. You may also have questions on how to style your hair - after many years...I still do! The one thing I absolutely want to mention is that a lot of people are preoccupied with a haunting question such as: what if the wind knocks my hair off, my life is over! Well, if there is a tornado - your eyes will pop out and when they find your body your hair will still be attached! They need to use that glue for houses in Florida!

In my next post, I would like to talk about "misadventures"...and some tips I've learned...

Have a nice day all!

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hitler, eh

Money's not a problem for me, George. Hell, I can buy your entire studio for fun. But, at this point, I still can't see myself gluing some phony wig on my head.

I do agree with your point about the obese, tho.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing some obese slob with a full head of hair...

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, Hitler (I thought that I would never listen to some advice form Hitler).

So basically you can run around with a hair piece for weeks and take shower with it and all that? What about doing sports? Any problem with sweat under the hair piece?

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I will go more into details about stuff - but, for this post - I will answer your questions or comments.
To Jimbo: a wig and hair system are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. A wig a basically a helmet with hair on it. Hair system is a membrane with hair knotted to it. You will have to wash it and style it, comb it, put gel if you like, etc... People will never know that it's hair system because your hair will look different everyday like...hair. It's basically not that much about money (altho you do have to pay for it), it's more, how do you feel about it? In your case - it may not be for you.
To Garyhary: When hair system is glued to your head, your real hair that is living grows in the glue. When you perspire it will not make it come off. Or it will, but it will feel a little shaky and you might go the third week instead of the fourth for maintenance. I used to wash it everyday - until this new piece I am having on Wednesday. The hair is not alive so, it doesn't produce sebum. Therefor, no need for all that shampoo that will wear it out. Conditioner will do fine every second day or so. You can do any sport that I can think of right now. You can go swimming too! I don't go swimming often but I have and had no problem. If you go everyday - I don't know what the chlorine will do to the color of the hair. The hair is treated chemically to match your color. As the sun also can affect the color and in the long run give it a "reddish" highlight of some sort (but at maintenance - they will turn the color back to the way it was!). Problems? Yes, but they are specific to whom I am - that will be in my final post for this thread to tell you all about them. I can later post again if some people have other questions or comments or would just like to talk about it!

George!

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler, eh

Money's not a problem for me, George. Hell, I can buy your entire studio for fun. But, at this point, I still can't see myself gluing some phony wig on my head.

I do agree with your point about the obese, tho.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing some obese slob with a full head of hair...

BTW - I don't have a studio at all. I have to pay for my hair system...

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm probably a long way from using a hair system, if ever, but it doesn't hurt to be informed.

You mention itchiness. Does it ever go away? Do either swiss lace or skin lessen the feeling? Do you ever forget you're wearing one of is it like glasses where you kind of "get used" to the feeling?

What about temperature? Does it feel too hot? Is it like wearing a night cap when trying to sleep?

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers (Hitler?).

It is really great to hear that you can do all types of sports with that hair piece (even swimming!)

I am wondering about the same as Giiizmo does: what about temperature? How does it feel? Especially with sweat under your hair piece...

Noah

Reaction score
Welcome George; it is good to have another fellow wearer on the board. Please don't take any notice of the hostility from the basement dwellers; it keeps them off the street.

noah

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hitler is long gone, Noah.

Took his wig and Krazy Glue and went searching for friendlier boards.

Shouldn't be too hard to spot (lol) him, tho, as he'll probably be using the handle 'George W Stalin' or something similar...

Noah

Reaction score
I would say that's a personal triumph for you Jimbo5. Well done!

Jerk.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh brother ... you wearers are so sensitive...

By the way, Noah, take that ridiculous-looking thing off your head an get a buzz cut...