Hair illusion - 100% human hair fibres

Jamie123jp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi has anyone tried “hair illusion” real human hair fibres. Any feedback on how good the product is and whether you had any irritation ?

thanks

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wore concealors for 20 years until finally going the "hair system" route last summer (at 53!). I usually used Toppik. I am unusual in that I look like a NW6 bald but if you get about a foot or less from me I have a ton of 1/2" high colorless hairs all over my bald area so if I kept my sides short toppik looked real good as it made them stand out even at a distance.

That said Hair Illusion didnt stick well to those hairs and it more than Toppik and some others I used (Finally Hair, Caboki) looked like I painted my scalp. Or more accurately the fibers were too small and fine to produce a good look. The website admits it works best with almost a buzzed side and a very short but thoroughly covered top. Their big selling point is it is supposed to be the most waterproof of the concealors out there and not as easy to come off on the pillow if you sleep with it. In addition to their "normal" hair spray, Hair Illusion sells a special hair spray that is supposed to make it all super waterproof. I tried it on Toppik and Caboki and the special spray did keep it on in light-moderate (but not heavy) rain without producing any "weird spots", something I was not able to achieve before. But it wouldn't let you dunk your head underwater obviously. So for my last year or so of concealors I would order just the waterproofing spray from Hair Illusion and not the concealor.

I hope that helps, good luck!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven't , another concealer I might consider though

I've tried toppik which I found crap, now using Sevich, black fibres. This I find blends with my hair better & makes it thicker