pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
fsb2fj030552fje-fig-0012-m.jpg

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
within a month, so many new hair follicles and the hairs also started growing like crazy.

The mixture of AS101 consisted of 0.01%(w/v) AS101 in a solution of 60% water, 20% ethanol, and 20% propylene glycol. The solution was applied as spray once daily.

Zero side-effects.

That's it. so simple.

Thank you so much for posting this old study, but very new to me. Never ever seen it before.

HairlessGawd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering buying some unless someone smarter than me can explain why it wouldn't be worth the time or money.

Last edited:

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
'[...] preliminary case report studies revealed substantial hair growth when AS101 was topically applied on three adolescents who had remained alopeciac 1–2 years after chemotherapy. The results emphasize the unique mode of action of AS101 and highlight its potential clinical use for treating certain types of alopecia.'

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shooot. Might be worth a try.

Edit: I tried reading through it but it’s complex

HairlessGawd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised, this study came out in 2003 and no one came across it before now?

Let's do it, boiz.
Interesting, the description says its a potent inducer of IL-1 and IL-6 cytokines, and the study mentions TNF‐α increases too, all pro-inflammatory cytokines that male pattern baldness scalps are already high in. But the study says it was "associated with only minimal toxicity". I wonder if its ok for long term use...

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know a cheap source I can buy this from? I’m trying to make a solution and it’s pretty pricey from the first things I see on google. New to the research chemical type regimens

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There was a phase 2 clinical trial in 2006/7 but it seems nothing came out
There is the contact email for the clinic and doctor. In case someone is considering it seriously might be worth contacting them to see whether they would be willing to tell you why they stopped.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some unfortunate news... I emailed Professor Dan Ben Amitai who worked on the phase 2 trials and he said they quit them because it was ineffective for female androgenic alopecia. Probably still useful for immune system related hair loss.

Edit: To add I asked about safety and he didn’t raise any concern. So I don’t think this is unsafe

Last edited: