Hair: Enough is Enough!

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TPI said:
you guys'll see.

Ever ask your parents if they think you're losing your hair?

What do they do?

They say, "it's only hair" and chuckle a bit.

Or, maybe they blow it off. "Pfff," they say with a grin..

yeah, they don't say that when it happens to them lol. it suddenly becomes a big deal then...

TPI said:
Give it time guys. Obsession with hair will fade. Your acceptance comes gradually, not overnight. And it comes naturally, kind of like the way you grow taller. It happens so slowly, you can't stop it, and you kind of don't see it happening, but it does.

Some people will grow to accept it (perhaps most) but some never will.

G

s.a.f said:
TPI I agree with dietcola,
Nicky If I had a curly mop of $#iT like Howie mandell I'd probably shave it off aswell.

no you wouldn't.

s.a.f

Reaction score
TPI said:
What was so important in your mid 20s becomes a joke when you look back on it lol- friday nights out, wicked cars, nice hairlines, hot chicks, etc etc-

Yeah all you 20 yr olds forget having fun. Why not just sit back in your armchair every weekend watching non threatening soaps on tv? then get yourself to bed by 9pm.

TPI said:
I'm not a whole lot older than you, but just a bit older to know what it's like when you step out on your own and when that stage of your life happens, your hair and your looks takes the biggest backseat ride they ever took- they mean ZERO. You'll see when you get there,

The reason these things no longer matter when you're older is because you get tired of them. You progress get married settle down etc, but if you dont go through the normal being young having fun routine you will be fucked up.
Perfect example = CCS
The most paranoid obssesed guy on here:
Nearly 30 and trying to make up for missing out out on what he should have been doing 10 yrs ago.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
To the original poster. You have a very valid point about moving on but I have found that only age/time helps that out and some of the younger posters are not going to see it that way no matter what. I am/was one of them. I am learning that the only thing constant is change and that is what we all have a hard time dealing with.

TPI

Reaction score
I guess that's what I meant with this thread...

that the general consensus is that when you go bald, you're f*cked... like you can't do anything about it, except grasp at straws with medication that is just going to string you along for a little while, just delaying what's actually coming...

but the point here is that yes, there IS a solution to male pattern baldness, and it's called 'time'... time is the only healing solution to it.. meaning that as we grow just a bit older and more time passes, our priorities change, our focus shifts, our looks slowly but surely deteriorate.. this all happens naturally...

and whether you like it or not, the importance of your physical appearance will fade with time as life's true important aspects become realization... you'll slowly just forget about it without even trying.

More or less, you gain an acceptance; an 'awareness' of life, and that it's 'just the way it is' and it's a huge sigh of relief when you hit that stage, because truly, down in your heart, you really are more accepting of yourself, your appearance, and those around you-- all of a sudden, the people you couldn't stand are still the people you dislike but you are able to accept that fact.. that it's the way they are.. and you move on without stopping to think about it for another second...

and with hairloss this is what will happen.. in my case it's not hairloss but we all have problems in life and I have my own.. but realize that most problems in life are just small obstacles and you're able to look past them.

so, there is hope for every single guy in the sense that acceptance and awareness is in your futures.. this stage of physical appearance will most definitely pass when you step into the real world (real world meaning real problems and obstacles that will hinder your growth as a person or threaten your future, not losing hair)

Axl15

Reaction score
it understand were you are coming from tpi. Thats why i kinda hesitante to get on any meds. Is this image worth risking my health even if its a 2% risk

G

Nickie said:
And trust me guys, some of you are ugly and even if you had the most perfect hair transplant, you'd probably need to get a new hobby, let's say the facial surgery forum, and obsess about how your face isnt ideal enough for society.

Could you tell me to whom you are refering to?

barcafan

Reaction score
JayMan said:
barcafan said:
JayMan said:
Nickie said:
Look at Howie Mandell from Deal or No Deal. Bald, and pretty good looking for an older guy.

I read that he shaves it for a clean look, not cause he's going bald.

artb.jpg

http://www.howiemandel.com/main.php

Go here, then press the icon.

You can clearly see the NW7 shadow.

what icon?

Sorry, try http://www.howiemandel.com

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i respect what you are saying TPI, but as "wise" as you think you are for being older and having gotten past this stage of wanting to treat hairloss, you are being pretty ignorant to assume everyone will go through life the same way you are.

do you really think all guys stop liking nice cars, hot women and being attractive after 30?

IBM

Reaction score
Since my male pattern baldness i dislike almost everything. Right now i would prefer free dutasteride and spironolactone for 10 years than keeping a pointless gorgeous car to show it to girls.

At least i would like a little to breath.

TPI

Reaction score
you guys have the option of being vain, and how other people perceive you.

You can also choose not to be vain and to not pay attention to others' perceptions around you.

But you choose the first.

Imagine how your life might be if you chose the 2nd

s.a.f

Reaction score
TPI said:
You can also choose not to be vain and to not pay attention to others' perceptions around you.

Someone please post a picture of a dirty fat tramp to illustrate his point.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TPI said:

Your points are valid FOR A FIZZUCKIN 40 YEAR OLD!!!!

NOT FOR A 20 YEAR OLD. YOU CAN'T EXPECT A YOUNG PERSON TO ASSUME THE PERSONALITY OF A 40 YEAR OLD. HE HAS TO BE YOUNG FIRST AND HAVING HAIR IS A BIG PART OF THAT!!!

IBM

Reaction score
I'm sick of this guys that talk about 40+ years old guys loosing their hair.

pokerface2007

Reaction score
very good thread!

very good thread , maybe the best ever i saw in the impact of hairloss forum. do you guys even think?

see this guy http://erosgroup.blogspot.com/ . he doesnt have arms or legs. and he is happy.

you all think that looking is everything that is out there in the world for a human. it isnt!

you are all kids. really. little kids who are in high school and want to be the guy who gets all women.

there is more than just lookings in life believe me...and im just 23 , ok? not that you think im one of these old guys.

i have to say though , the feeling beeing a bit like star or looking like one is great. and going to disco and getting all these looks from hot girls isnt either. wew. ya , its pretty damn cool . but if you didnt got that, then please stop obsessing and get something other to have fun with.

be happy that you didnt got a disease.

be happy that you live. if you arent then please kill yourself.

i can relate to what nickie says. its true.

i mean yes, if you look good, maintain that, but you have a thin head of hair, a Norwood 3 hairline or a bald spot at the back and look ugly , why the hell do you think you are supposed to be pretty????

you just arent. you are ugly. good looks are not what your life is made for. its made for something other.

if you dont think its true what i say , look at these things...

money, fame, friends, a girlfriend, social status, happiness, good food, alcohol, fun, a life at all...

what is more important? these things all together or looks?

i can understand guys who are ugly and want to look good in some way. yes, like the plastic surgery industry understands them. yes , i really understand you. you can come to me. i make you a hairtransplant for only 10 $ per graft...if you like. then you have hair again! yes yes yes!!!!!

then your life is finally worht living it...or not.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Helpme007, why are you back?

yeah thats him alright

and about this thread. this thread is about how vanity is not imporant and how when you grow up your mature self will realize that.

people are all different, to assume someone will no longer care about their looks when they age is to assume everyone is just like you. when in fact only you are just like you.

people in this thread even talk about having a fancy car to impress girls. i just straight up like nice cars. i just straight up like the way i look with hair. maybe one day i will decide the costs outweigh the benefits but i don't think i will ever decide that i don't care.

i do care, and i am different than you. same with everyone else here. we don't all need to be lumped together.

G

Re: very good thread!

pokerface2007 said:
very good thread , maybe the best ever i saw in the impact of hairloss forum. do you guys even think?

see this guy http://erosgroup.blogspot.com/ . he doesnt have arms or legs. and he is happy.

you all think that looking is everything that is out there in the world for a human. it isnt!

you are all kids. really. little kids who are in high school and want to be the guy who gets all women.

there is more than just lookings in life believe me...and im just 23 , ok? not that you think im one of these old guys.

i have to say though , the feeling beeing a bit like star or looking like one is great. and going to disco and getting all these looks from hot girls isnt either. wew. ya , its pretty **** cool . but if you didnt got that, then please stop obsessing and get something other to have fun with.

be happy that you didnt got a disease.

be happy that you live. if you arent then please kill yourself.

i can relate to what nickie says. its true.

i mean yes, if you look good, maintain that, but you have a thin head of hair, a Norwood 3 hairline or a bald spot at the back and look ugly , why the hell do you think you are supposed to be pretty????

you just arent. you are ugly. good looks are not what your life is made for. its made for something other.

if you dont think its true what i say , look at these things...

money, fame, friends, a girlfriend, social status, happiness, good food, alcohol, fun, a life at all...

i can understand guys who are ugly and want to look good in some way. yes, like the plastic surgery industry understands them. yes , i really understand you. you can come to me. i make you a hairtransplant for only 10 $ per graft...if you like. then you have hair again! yes yes yes!!!!!

then your life is finally worht living it...or not.

Good to see you back, mate! :D

IBM

Reaction score

pokerface2007 said:

Health. The most important thing is health. Baldness is unhealthy.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score

IBM said:
pokerface2007 said:

Health. The most important thing is health. Baldness is unhealthy.

Baldness is completely healthy and normal. It's in your genes, as you well know.