Hair: Enough is Enough!

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean for crying out loud, it's 2007, and we still don't have an effective treatment for hairloss.

And WHY on earth are hair transplants SO expensive?

Rogaine = $20-$40

Propecia = $30ish (with insurance)

Hair Transplant = $5,000-$10,000

It's amazing that the ONLY "cure" for hair loss is exponentially higher than the "Treatments."

Seriously, it all seems like a big joke, and the joke's on us. [/list]

Who in their god damn right mind, except the most vain and self conscious ( which is most people) would waste $10G+ on a hair transplant, which takes monthssssssssss to show, and then you have to go back for touchups most likely for the rest of your life, when you can spend that money on other things.

Also, whats so wrong with being bald? I find it sad that people would rather twitch, get horrible side effects and literally THROW money away, rather than have their scalp show.

Are we THAT brainwashed as a culture?

Yep, we are. and it's sad.

I'm starting to not care anymore, and focus on more important things. AND YES< there ARE more important things than battling HAIR LOSS.

Look at Howie Mandell from Deal or No Deal. Bald, and pretty good looking for an older guy.

Bruce Willis is fine as well.

and all the other guys out there.

Britney Spears even shaved it off, and she's the epitome of shallow and money in Hollywood out of all places.

ANd then you have us, mostly average joes, some below, some above, and we act like we're god's gift to society and we must save our precious hair. ( and will go through any lengths).

What's with all the obsession?

And trust me guys, some of you are ugly and even if you had the most perfect hair transplant, you'd probably need to get a new hobby, let's say the facial surgery forum, and obsess about how your face isnt ideal enough for society.

WE all need to get over this. I admire the forum and all the help there is out there, but it's gone beyond that. People are out there torturing themselves and considering suicide because their damn hair sucks. ANd the funny part is, they're so obsessed with their hair that they don't even realize that their face and attitude suck too.

Where is it going to end? I am against this whole "I hate myself and my life would be SO much better with better hair."

You know what, it really won't. Maybe you're that unlucky guy who WILL look like $#iT with a bad hairline, but most of you are NOT actors or models or anywhere CLOSE To that industry, so why the hell do you care so much? Because your friends/coworkers and random strangers are that shallow and it gets to you?

Get a life! enough is enough. MOST of you need to go to a shrink WAY before you even consider a hair treatment or a transplant.

"BUT by the time i go see a shrink, and wrestle the options it may be too laaaaaaate! aaaaaaaaaaah!" ---- common thought.

It's sick. I mean, if you guys can't even see how this forum and most people turned this into an obsessive compulsive disorder then please relook.

Something seriously needs to get done for the psyche of the common hairloss victim, because it is that that pushes them to spend ridiculous amounts of time, research, money, and torture dedicated to this "hobby" or whatever you want to call it.

And guess what? There are many other forums for many other conditions out there as well. It's fine when people want help, but when it becomes a 24/7 obsession, something's wrong.

Most of you need therapy! (and believe me, you'd benefit from that, and perhaps for some of you, facial reconstructive surgery would go a LONG way further, than your silly hair).

Seroiusly, go up to a HOT girl (or guy) and ask them, if they'd rather have sex with you if you had a great body and a killer face, OR if you look the way you do now (probably less than flattering and homely) but you had a full head of hair?

Hair is NOT the most important part of a person. It is YOU that makes it so. The hairloss suffferer, turned psychotic mess, self-convinced that this is a HUGE problem.

I'm also sick of seeing before/after pics of the most MINISCULE results which you "people" praise as miracles.

This sickness has got to be checked, and I encourage all the forum moderators or at least the higher ups to at least consider how this could be harmful for the mental health of people.

I'm sure that your mentalities are so screwed up that if you all tomorrow woke up with a full head of hair, you'd find something else you didn't like and go b**ch about that. Maybe your car, or your house, or your nose, or your clothes, and believe me, YOU WOULD.

Then it would be, WHY CANT THEY COME UP WITH A CUUUUURE FOR this or that.

You're all future michael jackson's in the making, only you won't be screwing with your face, you'd have hair growing out of god knows where on your body.

If I was your mom or dad, and you all were my kids, I would smack you all upside the head and say, join sports, join a debate team, GET A F*CKING life, and stop spending all your time, effort and MONEY on HAIR.

THis is a disease in itself, seriously.

Most of you are like drug addicts, and no one can convince you that you have a drug problem.

Your problem is your addiction to wanting better hair, and no one can make you see how compulsive many of you are.

SOME OF YOU COUNT YOUR HAIRS THAT FELL OUT IN THE SHOWER! Is that necessary!?!??!?!

get a f*****g life. do you also count the number of moles onn your body, or the number of skin imperfections or whatever?

Dear lord, I bet if I placed a picture in front of you, you'd blow it up and start counting the pixels!.
lolol

siccccccccccck. sick people.

A good lesson I learned is that no one out there really gives a f*** about you, let alone your damn hair. except maybe your close friends/family and the ultra vain.

life has enough problems and what not.

MOST people don't care, and the ones that do are either vain, or self consoius freaks themselves.

F R E A K S

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good thoughts. it sounds like it's time for you to stop treating and let nature take it's course. you can be happy as a balding man, life can still shine on you and if you're attitude is in the right place you can keep shining yourself.

we all have a reason to be here. some people's reasons might seem out of place or out of context but it's what is important to them. i know people who are worse off than me and don't care about their hairloss, and i envy them. because i do care, and that's my reason.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol. why care...cause im only 25, still in school, not married, no girlfriend, and im young and want to look my age. men shouldnt have to worry about hairloss until their old, established, settled down, children of their own, and no longer have to worry about finding potential mates and competition from other guys in any aspect.

its a competitive world out there my friend, and worrying about hair loss is not a disease. the disease is hair loss, the reaction to it, especially for young men in their prime, is NORMAL. stop convincing yourself otherwise.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nickie said:
A good lesson I learned is that no one out there really gives a f*** about you, let alone your damn hair. except maybe your close friends/family and the ultra vain.

life has enough problems and what not.

MOST people don't care, and the ones that do are either vain, or self consoius freaks themselves.

F R E A K S
oh my friend, if only you could truly convince yourself. We both know your lying. In one sentence you say that people will judge us based on our out of shape and timid demeanor, and then in the above sentence you contradict yourself saying noone judges anyone.

heres the cold hard truth about living in the year 2007. Its not 1947. Men arent married, working, and fathers at the age of 18. These days, the average man changes job 10 times before he settles into his career. If only life were as simple as it was 60 years ago. Fact of the matter is, we are judged first and foremost on our appearance. Immediately people have already conjured up an image of who you are just by inspection. Of course you can shatter the image once you speak, but the fact remains initial judgement is based up appearance. Add that to the fact that life starts out much later these days, avg age of marriage is much higher, schooling is much longer etc...and you pretty much have a reputation and appearance to maintain for quite a long time.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look your best..or just like "you" for as long as youre still living the dream. blah blah. i could go on but its pointless. we both know you agree.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I read half of that. Why would I try to take in such negativity. You are a negative person.

desperate4hair

Reaction score
i would feel that way maybe if I was 40...but being only 19, its very hard to cope with going bald at such a young age. and possibly you are not a very vain person, but I actually care about my looks and what the hell is wrong with wanting to look good? Just cause you are probably Fugly, you have given up?? and you may also want to try to be more empathetic to everyones situation. Thanks

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i take it back, not good thoughts. i had only read what you first wrote, now you've edited it and made it like an essay of complaining.

you totally went into a downward spiral of irrelevant negative thoughts.

i'm sorry things aren't working out for you.

calling us ugly, sick, disturbed, telling us we need facial reconstructive surgery, psychaitric help, just makes you look like a douch bag.

you sir are an over emotional bag of douche, you'll make a fine wife i imagine.

IBM

Reaction score
Why you talk about Bruce Willis? How old is he? Maybe he is 28 years old.

G

Nickie said:
Look at Howie Mandell from Deal or No Deal. Bald, and pretty good looking for an older guy.

I read that he shaves it for a clean look, not cause he's going bald.

artb.jpg

docj077

Reaction score
If you want to lower the price of hair transplants, just start an online movement telling everyone that is considering the procedure to not have it done. Once nobody is getting a hair transplant and the doctors are desperate to pay for their big screen T.V., they will lower the price considerably. Decreased demand will eventually result in a decreased price.

TPI

Reaction score
trust me, like I said, when you guys get just a bit older, the hairloss thing will be gone from your minds completely lol

right now your view of the world is that everyone is watching what you look like

but when you mature a bit more and real life hits you like a sack of potatoes, you'll realize that the last thing that matters on this planet is your hair or how someone else percieves you

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TPI said:
trust me, like I said, when you guys get just a bit older, the hairloss thing will be gone from your minds completely lol

right now your view of the world is that everyone is watching what you look like

but when you mature a bit more and real life hits you like a sack of potatoes, you'll realize that the last thing that matters on this planet is your hair or how someone else percieves you

no one here needs to TRUST your perspective. we all have our own perspectives, and don't need to trust some ranting lunatic.

do you think none of us live in real live? because we aren't 40 yet? this is real life man. and in my life, i want hair. the way people percieve me is important, it's how i get dates on friday nights, it's how i make friends and get land job interviews. if you don't care about how people percieve you then stop trolling these websites.

TPI

Reaction score
it's like trying to make your dog understand what you're saying- it has no clue, because it's incapable of understanding you.

same thing with you.

right now you care about your friday night dates, your interviews and your hairline

that's totally normal

but I'm giving you good news- when your 20s are a thing of the past, you'll be in the real world and in the real world bud, hairlines and what other people think about your hairline amounts to 0% importance

call me a troll or whatever, but it's nothing but good news to you- if you're losing hair, stick it out, keep moving, do your thing and make sure you do everything you set out to do in your life- the rest will fall into place and your hairline will be forgotten, that I promise you.

What I'm saying is that when you do eventually hit the end of your 20s/early 30s, your perceptions and maturity level changes naturally- there's nothing you can do about it- you will think differently, see everything and everyone differently. What was so important in your mid 20s becomes a joke when you look back on it lol- friday nights out, wicked cars, nice hairlines, hot chicks, etc etc- that's all out the door when you realize you don't stay young forever. You pay much, much less attention (if at all) to anyone around you, let alone what kind of hair they got. This is a change that's going to happen no matter how hard you try to make it not happen. So, it's all uphill and brighter from here in terms of this hair crap.

I'm not a whole lot older than you, but just a bit older to know what it's like when you step out on your own and when that stage of your life happens, your hair and your looks takes the biggest backseat ride they ever took- they mean ZERO. You'll see when you get there, so until you do, stay positive and keep working hard at what you want to do.

s.a.f

Reaction score
docj077 said:
If you want to lower the price of hair transplants, just start an online movement telling everyone that is considering the procedure to not have it done. Once nobody is getting a hair transplant and the doctors are desperate to pay for their big screen T.V., they will lower the price considerably. Decreased demand will eventually result in a decreased price.

Not everyone who has a hair transplant goes about it through online forums (unfortunatley) :cry:
hair transplant's may be expensive but they have to be. Premises, equiptment at least 4/5 staff it all adds up, and do you really expect a qualified surgeon to work for about $15 per hour? :roll:
They know that baldness = desperation so they'd never drop prices if they had less customers they'd just charge them more. :evil:

s.a.f

Reaction score
TPI I agree with dietcola,
Nicky If I had a curly mop of sh*t like Howie mandell I'd probably shave it off aswell.

TPI

Reaction score
you guys'll see.

Ever ask your parents if they think you're losing your hair?

What do they do?

They say, "it's only hair" and chuckle a bit.

Or, maybe they blow it off. "Pfff," they say with a grin.

Your parents know.

Give it time guys. Obsession with hair will fade. Your acceptance comes gradually, not overnight. And it comes naturally, kind of like the way you grow taller. It happens so slowly, you can't stop it, and you kind of don't see it happening, but it does.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TPI said:
What was so important in your mid 20s becomes a joke when you look back on it lol- friday nights out, wicked cars, nice hairlines, hot chicks, etc etc- that's all out the door when you realize you don't stay young forever.

But a lot of this people ARE young and these things DO matter. Besides they still matter to Donald Trump and he's 60 odd.

TPI said:
I'm not a whole lot older than you, but just a bit older to know what it's like when you step out on your own and when that stage of your life happens, your hair and your looks takes the biggest backseat ride they ever took- they mean ZERO..

Then how come I know women in their mid-40s who look down on and downgrade a man's appearance with a bald head?

TPI said:
You'll see when you get there, so until you do, stay positive and keep working hard at what you want to do.

I agree with the bit I've highlighted, however, I don't agree with the first bit. These things will ALWAYS be important to some people.

How do I know? Because I know older people who still place a huge amount of emphasis on their appearance.