Hair Concealer Efficiency - Spray Applicator

Senku

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello folks!

First post here! What an awesome community! Glad to have joined on board! So I wanted to discuss about the efficiency of using these concealers such as Toppik, Hairsoreal and etc. My sister and I have male pattern baldness and so we've been buying some of these concealers monthly. However, I think that we may be using too much at times and so I was wondering if anyone here uses any spray applicator such as the Toppik Spray Applicator.

And so if possible, has anyone used the same Toppik Spray Applicator on other concealers like Hairsoreal and did you end up using it at a much longer pace compared with before?

getmorehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not used the mentioned product but I did use a product called Kaboki. It is a powder of fibers that attach themselves to your existing hair and by doing so "thickens" your hair and conceals a thinning head of hair. I used it before and just after I had my hair transplant surgery. My experience was as follows.
The good..Okay so yes it does work and if you use it correctly it works well. You pepper it on very slowly and build up the thickness. Once you have it on your hair you can then use hair products (warning you may need to practice a few times) The end result is good. No one can really notice if you have put it on correctly and as long as you don't get it wet.
The bad..So it is very important to note that if you have a overall thinning then this product is definately for you. If, however you have a receeding hair line and complete bald spots then maybe not so much for you. You see this stuff requires you to actually have hair in the first place to thicken You can't thicken what is not there. Myself I had a receeding hair line and so I had mixed results. It thickened the areas where I had hair and did give me more confidence and made me look better. But if you get this on your scalp then it looks like soot. It then becomes obvious that you are using something. Also if you get it wet it can "run" or "streak" and once you have used it you must wash it out the next morning.
All in all I found it an okay product that gave me some hope but more overwhelmingly made me want to go and have a proper hair transplant of which I am super happy with.
You could try using Propecia but make sure you read about the side effects first before using.

Mike

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I refill my Toppik bottle with whatever fibers I use and use the spray applicator. If I remember correctly the spray applicator only fits 2 specific sizes of Toppik bottles 12g and 27.5g. I only have the 12g so I have to refill it more often, so if I were u I'd get Toppik 27.5 with the spray applicator and in the future refill it with whatever you like. To refill the toppik bottle you just gotta unscrew the lid.
The spray applicator is a must for the hair on the front / close to the hairline / sides. If u only need hair fibers for crown or mid scalp then u can use the original 'salt' shaker it came with. Although i noticed that some salt shakers make way too much fibers come out at once, therefore the spray would be better.