Hair Color And Texture Matching For Partial Peice

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello again, I've been thinking more about trying a parcial peice in the front, just where it has receded a bit. I am concerned, as I have wavy hair, that the texture would not match my real hair though. My real hair gets more curly in humidity, and not as curly in dry weather. I'm thinking that this might make it tricky to get the texture to match. (Note that I don't do the buzzed sides style haircuts)

Also my color is nearly black. It looks black most of the time, but in bright sun some brown shines though. Would this be difficult to match?

What would the pricing on a parcial peice be? Same as one for full top? I'm wondering if a full cap might be better since my hair is usually pretty long anyways.

Noah

Reaction score
In my experience it is surprisingly easy to get a perfect colour match. Texture may be more difficult. The hair they use is all straight, and they perm the curl in to match your natural hair. I believe they can usually achieve a decent match, but certainly there is no guarantee that the system hair will respond to humidity in exactly the same way.

I guess it depends how you wear your hair and how much flexibility you have for small variations. If it is fairly long and tousled, then a small amount of variation will probably look OK. But if it is short and all the rest of your hair has exactly the same degree of tight curl, but the front has a different degree, that is not going to work.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience it is surprisingly easy to get a perfect colour match. Texture may be more difficult. The hair they use is all straight, and they perm the curl in to match your natural hair. I believe they can usually achieve a decent match, but certainly there is no guarantee that the system hair will respond to humidity in exactly the same way.

I guess it depends how you wear your hair and how much flexibility you have for small variations. If it is fairly long and tousled, then a small amount of variation will probably look OK. But if it is short and all the rest of your hair has exactly the same degree of tight curl, but the front has a different degree, that is not going to work.

Thanks so much for the reply! How does the color matching work? Do you just guess based on pictures when you're ordering it?

When you say "they" perm it, do you mean the company you order it from? Or do you have to go to, like, a salon and get it done?

Yea my hair isn't super short or close cut. I like a little length in there.

I feel like the parcial peice might be a good step for me. The idea of a full cap is really appealing to me cause then I could just get exactly what I want. My real hair requires a huge amount of maintanence, I'd almost rather put in the work and have it look exactly how I want with a full cap then trying to get my real hair to cooperate. But I know that most people say it to get full cap.