Hair Cloning If I Comes, How Good Will It Be?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's Replicel and HairClone's strategy. Tissuse doesn't require a follicle. The consensus in research is that at a certain point the follicle is dead. Hence the need for Follica to recruit cells to create a new DP.

Oh ok, wasn't sure. Just remember reading something about TissUse hoping to "revitalize" already existing follicles in addition to the newly created follicles. But yeah, that doesn't make much sense anyway...no need to revitalize old follicles if the main objective is to create enough new follicles to produce a satisfactory look.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair cloning by 2050 and beyond when we finally cured cancer. I think many folks completely overestimate and misjudge the state of medicine in 2020. Let's try to understand how surgeons remove a tumor and get back to reality. Dealing with cancer will get all the funding so why do people believe that their cosmetic problems will come in front of the line? Cloning hair is as complicated as cloning teeth and I don't have much hope in growing new teeth anytime soon. In fact, it's even more complicated because skin is the most complex organ in the human body and the less understood. Hair growth depends on skin to materialise. Reviving miniaturized follicles is probably the most successful approach to growing back hair in the foreseeable future. The real question we should solve: do follicles really die or just miniaturize and eventually come back after years of treatment?
I agree with you. We are decades away from cloning complex organs. Yes, now we have very powerful techniques like stem cells/iPSCs, 3D/4D bioprinting, CRISPR-Cas9, Spherical Nucleic Acid, but all those scientific breakthroughs are in very early stage of development, so we will need another 10-15 years to understand them better and test it on humans, and wait another 5 years to see how those treatments reacts on human body.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between “working on it” and “existing”. This 3D bullshit from L’Oréal has been around before 2018. I know because I remember reading about it. This is what I mean dude, you guys give false information and hope so then @nahte42 starts crying once those hopes fall short. Can we for once be realists?
If you think that is easy to create 3D/4D hair follicle in lab then go and do it by yourself.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, a 30 years old shriveled up dick inside a 19 years old girl.

Just no.

Haha I was 27 back then and virile so don't worry. She didn't complain either. At the end I had my time and you never will. Sad.

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha I was 27 back then and virile so don't worry. She didn't complain either. At the end I had my time and you never will. Sad.
Didn't finasteride shrivel your dick up ?? I'm impressed she still went through with it. Guess women's strandarts were much lower back then.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so if I am completely bald, I don't have aby rescue of hair clonning? There is no other way?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so if I am completely bald, I don't have aby rescue of hair clonning? There is no other way?
as far as we know now with the methods that are in clinical trails.

Then yes you need some sort of healthy hair.

A company like Stemson, their goal is to have some sort of generic "hair solution" so there is no need for extraction from the patient, but you only need to order what ever is needed. But this is VERY far out in the future! I don't believe we are talking within 5- 10 years, I think we are further away from that.
Unless other Regenerative companies like Replicel (they are the only ones on phase 2 with clinical trails) have discovered something that could fast forward other companies methods like Stemson.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is the purpose of Stemson to be able to choose the color and thickness of the hair that suits me?
we don't know, all we know is that according to them self.

"Potential for Allogeneic Approach​

Using banked iPSC cells, rather than harvesting the patient's own cells, will offer further scalability and superior economics." - Stemson

I have written them an email about it, too see if we can get a more precise answer.

Like if i'm blonde can i get blonde hair, and if straight hair can i get curled and so on.

Last edited:

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we don't know, all we know is that according to them self.

"Potential for Allogeneic Approach​

Using banked iPSC cells, rather than harvesting the patient's own cells, will offer further scalability and superior economics." - Stemson

I have written them an email about it, too see if we can get a more precise answer.

Like if i'm blonde can i get blonde hair, and if straight hair can i get curled and so on.
So if I don't have any healthy hair I cannot help myself by clonning and I will have to Wear wigs for the rest of my life? ( I am woman)

Last edited:

Shush

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I don't have any healthy hair I cannot help myself by clonning and I will have to Wear wigs for the rest of my life? ( I am woman)
It's actually the opposite from what I can understand since their goal is to use banked ipsc cells

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the Stemson approach (https://stemsontx.com) you don't need any hairs. They take the stem cells from YOUR blood or skin and create new hairs from it. Technically is not cloning, it's new hair from scratch.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: so people are actually replying so i will sort of briefly readd what i was asking.

Hair cloned hair... will it basically give you the same quality hair you had at 15/16/18? Transplanted hair notably seems to look different to normal hair.

Nowadays, good doctors can give you very natural hair transplants. The only limitation being density, caused by the constrains of the donor area.

With hair "cloning" (it's not really cloning, it's the generation of a new hair from scratch), at least with the Stemson version, it would be basically like a hair transplant only with unlimited donor hair. So in theory you could look even better than you looked when you were a teen (you could have an even lower hair line, for example).

Also, the new hairs would have the clock age reseted for them. So if you are in your 60s and have old man grey hair, I believe your new hairs would be the same color, texture etc. you had when you were a child and this would be weird. I believe they can at least control the color of the new hair - eg. if they want to make it grey so it will merge better with your current hairs they could.

So, hair "cloning" will be a complex thing with many variables to control but in theory has can be the holy grail of hair restoration if we can unlock its full potential.

Also, there is research going on but no company ever showed us so far that they can actually create a new human hair and make it grow naturally on a human scalp so don't get your hopes up. IMO the only company with a chance of delivering it in the coming years is https://stemsontx.com and even for them I think chances are lower than we would like to admit.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but they still have no idea how to make my hair dht resistant, my hair is falling out all over my head, unfortunately I won't be a good candidate for human trials :(
Too early to tell but first things first: let them successfully clone a hair for the first time, then let's see how things evolve from there.

Going from 0 to 1 is the hardest part, then we go from 1 to 100 (and we're still at zero).