Hair Cloning If I Comes, How Good Will It Be?

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: so people are actually replying so i will sort of briefly readd what i was asking.

Hair cloned hair... will it basically give you the same quality hair you had at 15/16/18? Transplanted hair notably seems to look different to normal hair.

Last edited:

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good but will cost 10 times what every one spent on 8000 hair transplant grafts from their donor zone tho

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you compare hair cloning to hair transplant? You go ahead with your 8000 grafs and years later you end up diffused with only those 8000 hair on your scalp and big scars that can't be hidden anymore. When you start contemplating your pubic hair on your head, you know you have a problem that hair transplant can't solve.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you compare hair cloning to hair transplant? You go ahead with your 8000 grafs and years later you end up diffused with only those 8000 hair on your scalp and big scars that can't be hidden anymore. When you start contemplating your pubic hair on your head, you know you have a problem that hair transplant can't solve.
I was going to ask what the hair quality will be like. Can you compare the hair you had at 16/18 to transplanted hair, hell no... will hair cloning be similar? I have very thick hair, i wonder if that will be replicate-able with cloning.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to ask what the hair quality will be like. Can you compare the hair you had at 16/18 to transplanted hair, hell no... will hair cloning be similar? I have very thick hair, i wonder if that will be replicate-able with cloning.

Same quality as the hair in your donor site. As far as thickness goes they can give you natural thickness unlike regular hair transplants.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same quality as the hair in your donor site. As far as thickness goes they can give you natural thickness unlike regular hair transplants.
One thing i'm confused about. Where is the donor area? Is it in the location where potential male pattern baldness can take place? I seem to have diffuse thinning all over the portion that bald men seem to lose. Can the donor area not be below that and on the sides? Because my unthinned hair is very thick... the crown area is a bit thin now.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing i'm confused about. Where is the donor area? Is it in the location where potential male pattern baldness can take place? I seem to have diffuse thinning all over the portion that bald men seem to lose. Can the donor area not be below that and on the sides? Because my unthinned hair is very thick... the crown area is a bit thin now.

The donor area is in the back of the head down to the neck.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
The donor area is in the back of the head down to the neck.
So if one had thinning around the crown area, might that affect their donor area? I guess with cloning they wont need large amounts of it like an FUT. I should be fine then cause the hair below a certain diameter of my crown is dead thick. Well of course lets see if the damn thing will be under 20k any time soon otherwise for me its not realistic.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine like a 19 year old quarter vietnamese pussy kind of good.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair cloning by 2050 and beyond when we finally cured cancer. I think many folks completely overestimate and misjudge the state of medicine in 2020. Let's try to understand how surgeons remove a tumor and get back to reality. Dealing with cancer will get all the funding so why do people believe that their cosmetic problems will come in front of the line? Cloning hair is as complicated as cloning teeth and I don't have much hope in growing new teeth anytime soon. In fact, it's even more complicated because skin is the most complex organ in the human body and the less understood. Hair growth depends on skin to materialise. Reviving miniaturized follicles is probably the most successful approach to growing back hair in the foreseeable future. The real question we should solve: do follicles really die or just miniaturize and eventually come back after years of treatment?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair cloning by 2050 and beyond when we finally cured cancer. I think many folks completely overestimate and misjudge the state of medicine in 2020. Let's try to understand how surgeons remove a tumor and get back to reality. Dealing with cancer will get all the funding so why do people believe that their cosmetic problems will come in front of the line? Cloning hair is as complicated as cloning teeth and I don't have much hope in growing new teeth anytime soon. In fact, it's even more complicated because skin is the most complex organ in the human body and the less understood. Hair growth depends on skin to materialise. Reviving miniaturized follicles is probably the most successful approach to growing back hair in the foreseeable future. The real question we should solve: do follicles really die or just miniaturize and eventually come back after years of treatment?

Yeah but nobody is really desperate for the availability of teeth cloning. We can get artificial teeth that look good. That's already a far better cosmetic solution to the smile than we have for hair loss. We have hair systems but they are only temporarily attached to the body with glue and carry huge stigmas with them. And hairstyles are limited with them.

I believe the question has been answered: no, follicles do not truly "die." But they miniaturize so extremely that they become dormant and do not produce new hair. I agree, if we can target a way to regrow hair in those follicles, that would be an effective strategy. I think that's part of the TissUse Smart Hair Transplant strategy. See if stem cells can help regrow hair in already existing follices?