Had My Hairline Pointed Out To Me, How Bad Is It? (pic)

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm 17 years old and recently came out of denial and I've accepted my hairloss that I started noticing about a year ago. I'm thinking about treatments in 5 months when im 18 but I'm not sure.

If I keep my hair clean it isn't really noticable (yet) or that's at least what I thought. I recently posted a picture online on which I got the comment "Nice hairline lol". This picture wasn't even that revealing and I'm thinking that maybe I'm still in some denial and it does in fact look worse than I thought? I added the picture below.

I have alot of diffuse thinning and some slight receding hairline (Mostly on one side - not the side that's revealed in the picture) been on this forum for a while and I've had it confirmed twice that I'm Balding.

It was at first a pretty obvious case of telogen effivlium and traction alopecia until the one more receded hairline gave it away :/. Which shouldn't happen with telogen effivlium

I had just recently gotten comfortable without the hat and a few days in, this happened :( damn it!

Attachments

• sketch-1510077167036.png
    sketch-1510077167036.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 377

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why somebody would sarcastically comment "Nice hairline" on that picture. Your hairline looks perfectly fine.
But dude we need better pictures from different angles to tell you how "bad' it really is.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those pics suck, take one up close and pull your hair back to expose the damage, but from what i can see in that picture.. no hair loss.

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those pics suck, take one up close and pull your hair back to expose the damage, but from what i can see in that picture.. no hair loss.

Hello! The point of this post was that I had my hairline pointed out on specifically that picture, by someone that hasn't seen any other pictures of me or met me in real life, as I said before I have had my baldness confirmed on here before where I provided different angles and conditions. I can provide other pictures if you want me to, but that wasn't the point of this post. I know I'm balding, I thought my hair looked fine (not noticeable - especially on that picture) and then someone mocked my hairline which had me thinking that it looks worse than I think. So I asked you guys

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why somebody would sarcastically comment "Nice hairline" on that picture. Your hairline looks perfectly fine.
But dude we need better pictures from different angles to tell you how "bad' it really is.

Same as what I replied to Andy. If you want me to post pictures anyways I'm happy to exchange more thoughts on it. You never know, might find someone suggesting some great treatment :)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! The point of this post was that I had my hairline pointed out on specifically that picture, by someone that hasn't seen any other pictures of me or met me in real life, as I said before I have had my baldness confirmed on here before where I provided different angles and conditions. I can provide other pictures if you want me to, but that wasn't the point of this post. I know I'm balding, I thought my hair looked fine (not noticeable - especially on that picture) and then someone mocked my hairline which had me thinking that it looks worse than I think. So I asked you guys
Have you ever considered that this person was giving you a compliment? I mean you look like NW1 in that picture.. either that or its someone you know, whom you've told about your hair worries pranking you on an anonymous profile. You look like you've got a full head of hair something is fishy..

Anders Persson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever considered that this person was giving you a compliment? I mean you look like NW1 in that picture.. either that or its someone you know, whom you've told about your hair worries pranking you on an anonymous profile. You look like you've got a full head of hair something is fishy..

I am 98% sure it wasn't that way. I joined a kind of "toxic" community group chat where I had that as my profile picture, he said "nice hairline dude lol" followed by 2 other people indirectly mocking it with "Lmao" "big head"

By the way, I tried once on this forum to make a big post where I layed all the cards on the table and like 16 pictures included. Really opened myself up with the entire denial journey and I got like 2 shorter replies of people that said "I didn't read and probably think noone will" and afterwards just commenting on the pictures (removed the post because I was embarrassed). However would you be willing to hear me out? I messag you some week ago asking about your oral minoxidil and you seem reasonable.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 98% sure it wasn't that way. I joined a kind of "toxic" community group chat where I had that as my profile picture, he said "nice hairline dude lol" followed by 2 other people indirectly mocking it with "Lmao" "big head"

By the way, I tried once on this forum to make a big post where I layed all the cards on the table and like 16 pictures included. Really opened myself up with the entire denial journey and I got like 2 shorter replies of people that said "I didn't read and probably think noone will" and afterwards just commenting on the pictures (removed the post because I was embarrassed). However would you be willing to hear me out? I messag you some week ago asking about your oral minoxidil and you seem reasonable.
Sure, pm me with it and pics i will give you my unbias opinion.