Had My First Disaster Today - 5 Weeks In

Jadc007

Reaction score
Hey All,

First of all a little about me and my journey

I am new a wearer so its been about 5 weeks now since i have my hair system fitted, 29 years of age and from the UK with my hair loss starting at age of 21.

I had been on this hair system fence for 2 years and have done a crap load of research and believe it or not and the most worrying thing I had was not my hair loss it was the people around me when I get this done but 2-3 months ago I just came out with it and said to friends and family about it and trust me its a huge weight off my mind (I have been using toppik hair fibres for many years) Yes i know they are not stupid and knew I used it but I just played oblivious to it pretending they didn't but I feel 100x better and I am more open about the hair loss rather than hiding behind my fake wall of toppik.

Before I spoke about it all I first showed friends half of a hair system video and said what do you notice ... they replied ... erm I am not sure ... I replied what do you mean you can't notice it ... in the end I said its a hair system and explained to them what was on my mind and what i was going to have done ... and lastly showed them the first bit of video and they could not believe there eyes from one bald man to a man with head of hair, I did this too over 10-12 people at my work place and it was totally worth it.

Since having my system, I have been more active meaning walking to work which is about 3 miles up hill and had done this 5 times this week already but today I had a disaster on where my adhesive had started running down my face where I am using white bond (Goes clear) which I tried clearing up but then more had come down my face then started to dry ... ahhh! made me so self conscious but still worth it.

Is there a way in stopping this in the future ? I am using a PU hair system, with white bond on top all over (I assume its like ghost bond) as it's the hair salon brand. The more i patted my hair in one area which is slightly lifted by the way more came down.

Sorry to sound so confusing its all new to me and i am still learning hehe.

Thanks all

Kind regards

James

Steve Marz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey All,

First of all a little about me and my journey

I am new a wearer so its been about 5 weeks now since i have my hair system fitted, 29 years of age and from the UK with my hair loss starting at age of 21.

I had been on this hair system fence for 2 years and have done a crap load of research and believe it or not and the most worrying thing I had was not my hair loss it was the people around me when I get this done but 2-3 months ago I just came out with it and said to friends and family about it and trust me its a huge weight off my mind (I have been using toppik hair fibres for many years) Yes i know they are not stupid and knew I used it but I just played oblivious to it pretending they didn't but I feel 100x better and I am more open about the hair loss rather than hiding behind my fake wall of toppik.

Before I spoke about it all I first showed friends half of a hair system video and said what do you notice ... they replied ... erm I am not sure ... I replied what do you mean you can't notice it ... in the end I said its a hair system and explained to them what was on my mind and what i was going to have done ... and lastly showed them the first bit of video and they could not believe there eyes from one bald man to a man with head of hair, I did this too over 10-12 people at my work place and it was totally worth it.

Since having my system, I have been more active meaning walking to work which is about 3 miles up hill and had done this 5 times this week already but today I had a disaster on where my adhesive had started running down my face where I am using white bond (Goes clear) which I tried clearing up but then more had come down my face then started to dry ... ahhh! made me so self conscious but still worth it.

Is there a way in stopping this in the future ? I am using a PU hair system, with white bond on top all over (I assume its like ghost bond) as it's the hair salon brand. The more i patted my hair in one area which is slightly lifted by the way more came down.

Sorry to sound so confusing its all new to me and i am still learning hehe.

Thanks all

Kind regards

James

Sorry as I do not understand, so please forgive me. Are you using a salon? I know you said your system was hair salon brand, is your hair system from a salon and if so would not they know how to stop the glue from running down your face?

I am sadly not wearing a hair system yet but decided to do salon next month

Good luck

Noah

Reaction score
Hi James

Thanks for sharing your story; I think you went about the transition to wearing in a brave and foresightful way, and I am sure you will be happier as a result of that.

The problems you are experiencing are just teething troubles which you will easily be able to solve. The most obvious point is that systems with plastic membrane ("skin") bases are not good for exercise. There is nowhere for your sweat to go, so it pools in bubbles under the base until it can find a way out at the edges, and then you get a little cascade of sweat running down your face (nice, huh?). I tend to think all that liquid under the base must weaken the adhesive bond too. The answer is to go for a lace system next time you get a new unit. You'll really notice the difference. If you want some suggestions for suppliers, PM me.

All the best, and enjoy your new hair!

Noah

Jadc007

Reaction score
Sorry as I do not understand, so please forgive me. Are you using a salon? I know you said your system was hair salon brand, is your hair system from a salon and if so would not they know how to stop the glue from running down your face?

I am sadly not wearing a hair system yet but decided to do salon next month

Good luck

Apologies, I went to a well respected hair system salon in London and they have there own brand adhesive - And I couldn't get hold of them at the time.

Noah,

Thank you for your message, that really does make sense - Could I go through the route of having tapes at the back and bond at the front ? would you say this was help quite a bit with the sweating (Not saying it will get rid of the running down the face) but there will be a lot less?

When I go for my second system, I will ask for the lace system (It's all new to me) hehe.

I had a training session with this hair system company last week or how to maintain it and remove and replace at home as it's 60miles from me which was fantastic, could you recommend any good adhesives and tapes? I hear supertape is good.

thanks again all :)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell us who this company is? I'd like to do some research on them myself - I am near Heathrow and keen to find a good salon and systems provider.

Jadc007

Reaction score
Maybe when I have it redone in about 2-3 week's i will use ghost bond, may i ask what version of ghost bond you use ? There are so many lol.