Gynecomastia Caused From 1mg Finasteride?

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been on finasteride now for almost 5 months (in 7 days time) - ive not really noticed an improvement at all in my hair, could be that its still too early, could be that its just maintained, could be doing nothing....

But, I do feel like it could be causing gynecomastia. Im not 100% because i think i have always had a very mild case, puffy nipples but I am sure I am noticing more of a pointed fatty/tissue around there and I know there are links to this from finasteride, could just be me being paranoid though.

At the moment I have dropped from 1mg daily to 0.5mg daily, but now I am thinking of just quitting altogether, especially as it seems to be doing nothing for me.

What do you guys think? Could adding an anti oestrogen make a difference, or reverse what is there?

Thanks

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stay on the .5mg and add Raloxifene. It is most likely positive for the hair in the SERM class and an AI is too aggressive.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would stay on finasteride. Be grateful you are at least maintaining, I can't even get myself to maintain on much harder drugs. The gyno is probably all in your head, even if it isn't ( and the chances are it is ) it will not develop much, you won't get full blown boobs or anything, just some mild puffiness.

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been on finasteride now for almost 5 months (in 7 days time) - ive not really noticed an improvement at all in my hair, could be that its still too early, could be that its just maintained, could be doing nothing....

But, I do feel like it could be causing gynecomastia. Im not 100% because i think i have always had a very mild case, puffy nipples but I am sure I am noticing more of a pointed fatty/tissue around there and I know there are links to this from finasteride, could just be me being paranoid though.

At the moment I have dropped from 1mg daily to 0.5mg daily, but now I am thinking of just quitting altogether, especially as it seems to be doing nothing for me.

What do you guys think? Could adding an anti oestrogen make a difference, or reverse what is there?

Thanks
Did you feel your nipples to be sensitive and sore? Coz I felt that at 3 months mark and I dropped finasteride. I don't wanna get one more problem hairloss is enough lol