Guys I Really Need Your Help... (pfs Or Is Everything On My Head?)

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I used Finasteride for 4 years. Two months ago I started using Dutasteride (brand name Avodart), and for the last days I'm feeling really anxious, dizzy and with some troubles concentrating.

I've always been an anxious person (and also a huge hypochondriac), and since I started shedding from Duta some days ago I went a little bit more anxious. But now I'm getting really nervous and as I said above dizzy and with some troubles concentrating.

For better or for worse I found a forum called propeciahelp.com, and there they talk about Post Finasteride Syndrome... In that forum they said that people who used Finasteride can have a hormonal crash when they stop the drug, can this be happening to me?

Also, can this be Dutasteride messing with my brain? Can this damage be permanent? Should I stop Dutasteride? (I've been taking it daily).

Guys I'm really scared of this stuff... Your advices are welcomed!

NOTE: I don't have any sexual sides.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

Any advice? Any of you had this kind of sides after starting taking Duta? Should I keep taking the drug? Should I stop?

I feel super lightheaded and sometimes really anxious... Also I feel some muscle inflammation on my shoulders.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My advice is to very slowly take yourself off the drug. Reduce the dosage slowly.

PFS usually happens when the drug is stopped abruptly and causes a hormonal crash.

Or you can keep taking and try to battle through the sides.

The choice is yours.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Medina thanks for the answer.

When I started taking Finasteride I was really anxious, and I dealt with some testicular and chest pain. But all the sides went aways after 1 or 2 months...

Can this be a reaction to the hormonal change? Can the sides wear off even if I continue using the drug like what happened to me during the first months on finasteride?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Medina thanks for the answer.

When I started taking Finasteride I was really anxious, and I dealt with some testicular and chest pain. But all the sides went aways after 1 or 2 months...

Can this be a reaction to the hormonal change? Can the sides wear off even if I continue using the drug like what happened to me during the first months on finasteride?

Yes that could all be the case.

But you should sign up to the PFS sites, get more info

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm trying to avoid those sites, they're super depressing :(

I'm thinking about giving the drug one or two more months, then if the sides persist I will quit the drug really slowly.

Hopefully they will go away. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really @iamgotham - you needed to bold and italicize the name of the site? Regular users typically don't do that. That wouldn't be construed as "natural" posting behavior for a regular user.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Its all kn your head..after only 2 months than ?? Please man..

No it's not all in his head, dutasteride wipes out 5ar1 which plays a very big role in your brain, that alone should tell you that it's not placebo and very likely the drug messing with his well being.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No it's not all in his head, dutasteride wipes out 5ar1 which plays a very big role in your brain, that alone should tell you that it's not placebo and very likely the drug messing with his well being.[/QUOTE

After only 2 months ??

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is you completely wiped out your neurosteroids with 5ar1 inhibition. Take am antidepressant like Prozac and you'll feel better.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a small update.

So I stopped taking Dutasteride and went back to Finasteride. All the sides disappeared in a couple of days... (this was 1 year and 3 months ago)

Now I having a big shed and I started considering the use of Dutasteride again (I don't know if the sides were real or just in my head). If you were in my position, would you try it again?

Any feedback is welcomed! :)

(sorry, english is not my native language)

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And as always, NEVER rely solely on forums for medical advice...

Thanks for the reply @Oscar66.

Sure, I’m being followed by a dermatologist, but I would like to know your opinion about this.

Honestly, I don’t believe that much in Dutasteride (once you’ve been taking Finasteride for several years) at least I don’t know any success story.

Just trying to make a plan (hopefully) for the years to come.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Seems like you had a bad experience with dutasteride, I’d try upping my finasteride dose just a bit before moving to dutasteride, if you’re taking 1mg try taking care 1.25, it’s brosxienfe but sounds like you had an unenjoyable edperience on dutasteride