Guy On Reddit Suicidal After Botched Hairtransplant In Turkey...

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
km6ggXs_d.jpg

Hi Reddit, I just created this account because I want to stay anonymous.

I will tell you my story after having a hair transplant in Turkey and I will attach screenshots from my latest emails with "doctor" Acar at Cosmedica clinic in Istanbul and of course images from the hair.

Almost 8 months ago I went to Istanbul at Cosmedica for a hair transplant. Obviously, I was very happy, thinking that my life would be better with a decent head of hair. However, it turns out that that was the worst decision of my life.

I have had huge issues during those 8 months and his assistant kept assuring me that everything was OK and the hair would grow. The main problem was this https://imgur.com/S12xBaR. This is when I said to my self, "Wait... something is wrong here!"

His assistant told me to buy some medicine and that everything was OK. Replies with his assistant were slow. I was getting answers hours even days after my messages. I was super scared and I wanted to fix the problem ASAP and those delays scared the sh*t out of me.

During those 8 months, I lost my friends, my job, my confidence. Going out always with a hat was a disaster. Going at work with a hat was a disaster. People knew that I had a hair transplant, but I was so disappointed with the results that I couldn't let them see. Until I decided to quit my job and ditch my friends.

For the past 6 months, I have been living home alone. 24/7 inside my house. If I have to go out to do buy groceries, I put my hat and leave the house.

In total, I have had human interaction for 7 days and that was during Christmas when my parents visited me. They leave far and our communication is just Skype.

I am so alone that I talk to myself. One night things got crazy. I kept talking to myself and trying to convince myself that life will get better. Just go to sleep and life will get better tomorrow. At one point I started crying and run to the kitchen. I took a knife and I was ready to cut my veins.

Death at that moment seemed like the best solution, I just couldn't take all this on my own. I have been keeping all this inside. Whenever my parents ask me how things are turning out, I always smile and tell them that everything is OK. But they are not!

I think of suicide pretty much everyday, especially when I look at my hair in the mirror.

I decided to open myself to Reddit. I cannot do it with my parents and I know that if I won't talk about this, then thinking of suicide everyday might make to actually take that decision.

After all, I have nothing to lose. I have no friends, I have no work, I have no confidence to look people in the eyes even at the grocery shop. It feels like they know that I am hiding something. At this point I have nothing to lose, right?

The only solution as I see it now is suicide. Nobody would care, only my parents. Nobody would notice...

Today I got a reply from one of my emails from the doctor.

This was my initial email: https://imgur.com/MfXpTzF

This was his response: https://imgur.com/87R3xc5

And this was my response: https://imgur.com/Rsmk7wu

According to him, I have a scar that I got as a child (never hit my head bad enough to have a scar) and I am only informed after 8 months. For 8 months his assistant kept telling me that things were OK.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I still have 2k euros in the bank and that would be enough for 3 months. After that, I will be homeless. I have no money to keep paying for rent. I have to go back to work, but I can't do it in my current situation. Not only that, but I lost my confidence and the willingness to survive. I just cannot take this anymore... I CANT. I f*****g CANT!

Finally, this is the result: https://imgur.com/km6ggXs

This is with good lighting and long enough hair that eventually falls into that empty hole and makes it look fuller, just imagine it without those 4 hairs that fall to the hole, or even worse, outside in the sun...

This is how the hair looks like in normal lighting or outside: https://imgur.com/bpeEiGU

Both sides have empty spots, you can better see the right side here: https://imgur.com/uKLCN9P

My solution right now is to grow the hair and try to hide the spots, but you have no idea how but the hair looks long with all those empty spots.

I don't know what to do anymore...

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and that is why I dont care how cheap or how many "great results" they get I will never go for a hair transplant in turkey...a top dr in the USA or Europe, would never do that.

el_duterino

Reaction score
scalp necrosis (pic from day2) can happen for various reasons - not all of them due to the surgeon
smoking, diabetes etc.. and covering too much of an area as well as dense packing over too much can cause it
I remember a patient from Rahal getting an even larger and deeper scar due to necrosis and then Rahal stopped doing dense packing because this

MikeConner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, that's harsh. A shame, because if not for those bald patches, it seems like it would have been a generally successful surgery.

Do you have a link to his reddit post? I'd be curious to see what others have to say. It does seem a bit melodramatic to become suicidal and quit his job but at the same time I can understand his pain and disappointment.

Looks like it would be relatively easy to fix with another transplant, but not with the same surgeon. Definitely makes me wary of the Turkey hair transplants that are so heavily lauded on various online forums.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont kill yourself.

Do you have enough donor hair for a 2nd transplant?? What Norwood are you??

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy was already Norwood 5+ to begin with , he was expecting a miracle obviously. Decent result to be honest

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This does look like a case of the clinic blatantly making empty promises; rather than informing the patient that it could be scalp necrosis (and how to deal with it), they simply said nothing and hope it would disappear, and they're off the hook. The 'scar' excuse sounds like exactly that- a pathetic excuse which they most likely conjured up.

As mentioned in a comment above, it may not necessarily be clinic responsible for this, but they should have dealt with it completely differently with more transparency and professionalism.

To be fair on the clinic, post-op care communication with a foreign clinic via email with responses after a few hours seems acceptable to me. From my experience so far, a response a day later seems the norm...although if I had an urgent issue I would have called instead.

I am currently 6 weeks after the transplant, and looking patchy as well. I guess come month 4-5 if those spots are still empty I'll start panicking, but until then I'm trying to keep the faith and do everything in my power with a good diet etc.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope he didn’t kill his self , with fibres and a bit more length no body would notice his hair is fine I Defantly would be blaming cosmedica for this he clearly had issues

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a full head of hair but wouldn't give him a second look on the street. Just looks like thinning and i don't see any major scarring.