Gut Bacteria Transplant Stopped My Hair Loss (photos)

azureusi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Harvesting the bacteria from poop and putting them into pill is scheduled i think. Or at least i read several articles that its being worked on.

Currently, you take the stool, mix it and insert it anally as an enema. I know it sounds weird, disgusting and funny but thats how it works.

azureusi

My Regimen
Reaction score
@barfacan I did experience a small amount of regrowth after FMT. I took minoxidil for years and that treatment peaked at around year 2-3. However, regrowth in both cases was very slow.

The thing that really helped me maintain my hair before I did FMT was drastically improving my sleep (completely dark room, little light before bed, enough exercise and ear plugs).

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, they cause hairloss depending on your hairs sensitivity to those other androgens.

Essentially this is why Dutasteride doesn't stop hairloss completely most of the time even though it halts almost all DHT (well like 95% in your blood, not sure the exact percentage in your scalp follicles). You need CB or RU to kill the rest of Testosterone, other androgens, and whats left of the DHT laying around. DHT is the number 1 androgen in hairloss though so for those that aren't especially sensitive, it may slow hairloss to a snails pace. finasteride and dutasteride do raise testosterone though, since test won't be converted to DHT.

And you must start these early. Regrowth is very iffy, re-thickening of what's there is very common though. Hairlines are the hardest usually.

but lowering your testosterone is not a good idea at all.. if you wanna stay an healthy male... ?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You produce more dht because you have low testosterone.... your body try to compensate the low testo

knuspermüsli

My Regimen
Reaction score
@azureusi

Impressive results!
But it would be even more impressive if you could show your results using a hairband/combing your hair back. It seems like you have very dense hair ... maybe enough to hide your bald temples by spreading it sideways in the front?

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A couple of things about gut bacteria:

1) the bacterial species and diversity diverge between males and females at puberty

2) you can take male microbiota and give them to females and they will start producing androgens.

3) your gut bacteria is initially "seeded" by your mother. It is conceivable that if she were deficient in some species they wouldnt be passed on to you in the birth canal.

The big problems with having the wrong gut bacteria is the overproduction of LPS(which are part of bacteria) and are USED in studies to create inflammation.

I think DHT influences apoLipoproteins in the gut making them more permeable to allow LPS to leak thru the gut lining.

Hyperlidemia present in male pattern baldness originates in the gut. IMO....if you had the right bacteria present like some lucky inherited guys do you wouldnt go bald.

jamesband

My Regimen
Reaction score
@azureusi why did you have to go with a FMT. Is it not sufficient to try to rebuild your gut flora/microbiome through diet and supplements?

fermented foods
prebiotics
probiotics
bone broth
etc

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U WOT MATE ? IS THIS LAD SERIOUS ? Does anyone know about this lactoferrin thing or how to supplement it to increase the production of it I wanna try this. Is taking probiotics enough ?

Last edited:

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My gut is farked.

Started going bald (diffuse) not long after turning 19 and have long thought whatever is wrong with my gut accelerated the process of male pattern baldness at a premature age.

Have done candida diet for like 3 months with thousands of dollars supplements two times over and gotten nowhere.

Was not really breastfed as a child and think it may be somewhat responsible.

Have multiple fungal conditions (one scalp, one with fungal acne on forehead and reoccurring ones on privates which developed funnily enough after I started using finasteride).

Have heard about the shite transplants before and am going to look into after seeing this.

Thanks OP.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say it "stopped shedding" does that mean you had diffuse thinning and you have thickened up all over your head, or you just had receding hairline and it's nipped it in the bud?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started diffuse thinning at late 17 and been using minoxidil since. How do you know if you have the hairloss caused by your gut? I don't have any stomach pain or irritation in my gut etc. is it supposed to be painful most of the time to know you have gut bacteria issue? Because I don't have any symptoms like bad acne, pain etc. i just have oily head its been like that forever.

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was taking probiotics my foot injury from years ago would become more painful.Normally, I say the pain is 0-1 but when on probiotics it would be always a 5 and short blasts of a 10.

My scalp blood vessels seemed wacky too and I could feel pulsation in them at times.

Probiotics are not always "good" for some people tho and I probably am one of them at least with the probiotics used so far...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323478.php

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was taking probiotics my foot injury from years ago would become more painful.Normally, I say the pain is 0-1 but when on probiotics it would be always a 5 and short blasts of a 10.

My scalp blood vessels seemed wacky too and I could feel pulsation in them at times.

Probiotics are not always "good" for some people tho and I probably am one of them at least with the probiotics used so far...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323478.php

not questioning your experience but you cant compare probiotics to a stool implant...there is a reason you need a fecal implant to treat irritable bowl syndrome while these overpriced pills do sh*t

but youre right ... a lot of side effects can occure eg

"We report a case of a woman successfully treated with FMT who developed new-onset obesity after receiving stool from a healthy but overweight donor. This case may stimulate further studies on the mechanisms of the nutritional-neural-microbiota axis and reports of outcomes in patients who have used nonideal donors for FMT."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4438885/

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You produce more dht because you have low testosterone.... your body try to compensate the low testo

it doesnt work that way (I wish it was! we could solve two problems with one move)

dht is a fraction (10%) of Testosterone, and comes from it (at least 70%, and the rest from other sexual precursors like androstenedione )
in fact, if you find a (endogenous or exogenous) way to raise your testosterone, dht will raise as well (depending of the aromatase enzyme function of your organs of course)

here for example:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4245724/

"The secondary outcome was elevation of serum T and DHT following TRT administration by different routes (intramuscular, transdermal (patch or gel) or oral)"