Growth Hormone (HGH) for hair loss. Increase or decrease DHT?

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Last month I had my second check-up with my anti-aging doctor (the first check-up was 3 years ago).

I have a medical report of more than 100 pages, and 6 pages of prescriptions. If you are curious, I send you the attached files.

The thing is that he prescribed me Growth Hormone (HGH), whose name is OMNITROPE.

This subject has already been discussed on the forum, but I don't think anyone has experienced it, as the treatment can cost between 500 and 2500 euros / month.

The thing is that there are studies on the internet that claim that HGH is useful to stop genetic alopecia, but other studies claim that HGH induces the production of testosterone and DHT.

I've already bought the hormone and I've been injecting it for 2 weeks, and I think my hair is falling out more than before. I've spoken to my doctor and I'm going to stop injecting for 1 week to see if it hairloss stops and I can deduce that the hair loss is due to the HGH.

What I have noticed is that it has given me a horse's libido, and a lot of mental clarity.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Recetas 2021_sin nombre.pdf
    582.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Analisis 2021_sin nombre 2:2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 121
  • Analisis 2021_sin nombre 1:2.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 125

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two things. It increases VEGF which is very good for hair growth. It also binds to the PRLR blocking Prl.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For everybody to understand:

- VEGF: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- PRLR: Prolactin Receptor

Anyway, I dont understand what you are saying.

Is it good or bad?

I am injecting 0,8mg / day

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hgh doesn't stop or worsen Androgenetic Alopecia ;)
Your skin will be better and your hair/nails will grow faster.
I used omnitrope few years ago and i know people using Gh with Androgenetic Alopecia. It won't change anything.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure.
I think I have more shedding than usual.
Also I have a super libido. Why? I suppose that my DHT is increasing. because otherwise?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure.
I think I have more shedding than usual.
Also I have a super libido. Why? I suppose that my DHT is increasing. because otherwise?
If you want help, you might ask Norwoody. HGH's is usually for body growth in my experience but that would be interesting if it helped hair....
Janey

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For everybody to understand:

- VEGF: Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- PRLR: Prolactin Receptor

Anyway, I dont understand what you are saying.

Is it good or bad?

I am injecting 0,8mg / day
It does more good through VEGF upregulation and PRL signalling inhibition than harm through DHT elevation.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My anti-aging doctor told me to decrease the dose of HGH. So I will do it for next 2 weeks and let's see.
Best

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Descending dog,

I started taking finas 1 year ago because I started to feel anxious about my alopecia. The alopecia stopped suddenly, but so did the libido, and since I started taking HGH, my shedding started and my libido increased.

If you see the analysis I attached in the first message, you will see that you have never seen a doctor as good as mine.

Regards.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on the information that I have I would speculate that the reason why you are noticing more shedding is that you have too much sexual activity, based on your multiple remarks about having a "horse's libido".

That speculation would be wrong. The sexual activity and hair loss both share an underlying hormonal cause. But they are symptoms of it. Correlation is not causation.

Walking on crutches is not the reason why one of your legs is in a plaster cast. The primary cause is a leg injury. The cast and the crutches are both secondary effects from that.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
This is from an old interview to a famous spanish TV host Jorge Javier Vázquez that once caught my attention. People used to comment that he had a hair transplant done, and he surprisingly answered this:

Now, the most shocking moment came as a result of a truth from Jorge. They asked him if he had had a hair graft, denying it himself and saying the polygraph that it was true. But he was forced to explain: "I did not know if what I have done was legal or not ... Now I know that it is, that a doctor prescribes it for you. I took growth hormone to grow my hair. Always with medical supervision, Of course".

Attachments

• 1458671059.jpg
    1458671059.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 101
  • jorge-javier-vazquez-poligraf-telecinco_1_630x630.jpeg
    jorge-javier-vazquez-poligraf-telecinco_1_630x630.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 116

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also watched in the Spanish TV that case. Also I have been investigating a lot, and it seems that HGH improve hair.
But I think it works only if you dont suffer from GENETIC alopecia, since HGH increase Testosterone indirectly.
What do you think?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the worst shedding of my life with HGH. For 6 months straight lost 200 hairs a day. Developed bald patches.
It recovered though so it was shedding but very very bad. It was freaking me out.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the worst shedding of my life with HGH. For 6 months straight lost 200 hairs a day. Developed bald patches.
It recovered though so it was shedding but very very bad. It was freaking me out.
Could you be more specific?
Was the HGH prescribed? And why?
How much quantity was you injecting daily?
Did you take finas at the same time?
What you did to recover?
Thanks

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 iu a day
Shedding began within a week, from 10 hairs a day to 250 or more
I was off Finasteride
I recovered most of the hair after 9 months

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 iu a day
Shedding began within a week, from 10 hairs a day to 250 or more
I was off Finasteride
I recovered most of the hair after 9 months
Did you get your hair back at 9 months because you stopped using the hormone? Or did you never stop using the hormone?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped after a couple of weeks and shedding continued for months

Any hormonal fluctuation can trigger it. HCG as well. TRT, etc...

HGH will do nothing for your hair is that is what you are looking for.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped after a couple of weeks and shedding continued for months

Any hormonal fluctuation can trigger it. HCG as well. TRT, etc...

HGH will do nothing for your hair is that is what you are looking for.
I'm confused, because all the scientific studies on the internet indicate that HGH improves alopecia and reduces DHT levels. Everything indicates that it thickens the hair and eliminates grey hair.

But the truth is that my doctor told me that it indirectly induces testosterone production.

I am injecting 0.2 but I am also taking finasteride.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm confused, because all the scientific studies on the internet indicate that HGH improves alopecia and reduces DHT levels. Everything indicates that it thickens the hair and eliminates grey hair.

But the truth is that my doctor told me that it indirectly induces testosterone production.

I am injecting 0.2 but I am also taking finasteride.
Don't sweat it
HGH is good for hair. Of course you're going to shed when you come off finasteride