Grey hair?

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ali777 said:
cuebald said:
(My spellchecker has flagged "gray" up as incorrect!)

According to the dictionary used by firefox, gray is the American spelling and grey is the British spelling. My dictionary says both are correct and it doesn't say anything about the British/American differences :dunno:

I personally prefer gray because it's easier to type than grey... With my typing technique, it's quicker to type an a after r :)

Hey, it's "grey" in English.

In American English it's "gray" as in "What a gray day!"

Incidentally, there's no such thing as British English. There's English and then all the other corruptions.

HughJass

Reaction score
grey hair is a precursor to being a silver fox

75 years old and could still pull the chickies

leonardcohen_1234962013_crop_320x275.jpg

The Gardener

Reaction score
Grey hair will ding you two thirds of a CCS point. But then again, in a dark alley, it might not be noticed...?

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe stress my play a big role here. I went through a stressful period recently and my hair started to turn grey then. Now that my life has stabilised, I've seen no new gray hairs.

And then there's the interesting case of Aristides de Sousa Mendes: he was a Portuguese diplomat who faced the dilemma of saving Jewish refugees vs obeying his orders and his hair turned grey overnight.

ali777

Reaction score
metropolis said:
I believe stress my play a big role here. I went through a stressful period recently and my hair started to turn grey then. Now that my life has stabilised, I've seen no new gray hairs.

And then there's the interesting case of Aristides de Sousa Mendes: he was a Portuguese diplomat who faced the dilemma of saving Jewish refugees vs obeying his orders and his hair turned grey overnight.

Be careful what you say!!! SAF is going to jump in and say that lifestyle has nothing to do with hair...

There are lots of stories about people going gray overnight. I think those stories are exaggerated and romanticised to have a bigger effect, I don't think they are true. However, the general idea that someone going through a stressful period may and up with gray hair is true.

s.a.f

Reaction score
All those soldiers returning from Afghanistan every single one with bald/grey heads. :whistle:

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
All those soldiers returning from Afghanistan every single one with bald/grey heads. :whistle:

Interesting you should say that...

I remember reading an article on hairloss and stress... Apparently some research shows that although military recruits are put under a lot of stress, they do not show the same levels of hormonal change as someone sitting at home and suffering emotional stress.

It would be naive to suggest soldiers do not suffer emotional stress, but they are more prepared to deal with those conditions and most of their stress is actually physical and not emotional.