Grey hair?

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 33 y.o. and my hair is starting to turn grey. I hate it. I read something about a miracle new pill that could treat grey hair, any news on that?

What do you think would be the economic consequences of such a pill? Grey hair is currently a great business opportunity for many companies...

ali777

Reaction score
It all depends on how you view gray hair. Distinguished or extinguished???

I have lots of gray hairs, they don't bother me much. I mean there are more important things to concentrate on than the gray hairs. The sad part is my brother is almost 40 and he's got less gray hairs than me.

I have read that some vitamins and minerals can slow the graying process, in some cases even reverse it. I've been using hair vitamin and minerals this year, and I haven't had any new gray hairs. I'm not sure if it's because of the pills or just my genetic program is that way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Greying hair is genetic nothing to do with vitamins ect. I've seen 21yr olds with grey hairs. Conversley my Gran is 85 and has only about 20 grey hairs the odds of that must be about 1-100,000.
If there was a 'miracle cure' it would make $billions but it would be just that (a miracle).

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually, i've heard about a new shampoo that stops ( i think even reverse it) i cant recall where i've read this tho :/ if ill remember ill link you.

Dont bother yourself too much about it, you can always color it back.

karl_h

Established Member
Reaction score
If a new miracle pill that can treat gray hair enters the market, it would make millions of dollars a year.

I can see many working professionals who want to appear as young as they can purchasing it.

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Greying hair is genetic nothing to do with vitamins ect. I've seen 21yr olds with grey hairs. Conversley my Gran is 85 and has only about 20 grey hairs the odds of that must be about 1-100,000.
If there was a 'miracle cure' it would make $billions but it would be just that (a miracle).

SAF mate, you are one of the most down to earth and level headed members of this forum. It hurts me to go against you, but sometimes you are way too quick to dismiss the effects of lifestyle on our body.

I personally believe nurture is as important as nature. I never deny that it's the genetic make up that defines how we turn out to be, but that genetic make up also needs nurturing. With the right nurture we can change a thing or two, even extend our life expectancy by at least 10 years.

What's that got to do with hair??? There are certain lifestyles out there that age people quicker than the rest.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
I personally believe nurture is as important as nature. I never deny that it's the genetic make up that defines how we turn out to be, but that genetic make up also needs nurturing. With the right nurture we can change a thing or two, even extend our life expectancy by at least 10 years.

What's that got to do with hair??? There are certain lifestyles out there that age people quicker than the rest.

It depends how you define ageing, if you're talking about life expectancy then yes things such as smoking, heavy drinking, bad diet and lack of excercise will almost certainly have an effect on how long you will live and your estimation of 10 yrs is probably accurate in some cases.

But lets be honest about it on here we're talking about appearance rather than general health. And there is nothing that can come anywhere near to genetics. Its what you are born with if you have strong genetics you will always be better off than someone born with weak genetics. Its how your body is programmed to grow it cant be changed or overidden by anything.
Handsome guys, big strong guys they're like that way because they are born to be not because of what they eat or do or dont do.
There are countless examples of people who are geneticly blessed and therefore have no worries about how they live their lives and the the effect its going to have, but all this CCS style obbsesing about diet and trying to find the perfect regime thats going to physicly 'improve' you is not going to work it has'nt worked for CCS and it wont work for you.

HughJass

Reaction score
Never understood grey hair phobia. It's rediculous really.

I think men who dye their hair should punch themselves in the face. Daily.

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Never understood grey hair phobia. It's rediculous really.

I think men who dye their hair should punch themselves in the face. Daily.

As I've already said, I'm OK with gray hair :)

My lady thinks it's sexy. It sets apart the men from the boys :punk:

One thing I've noticed, most Asian men dye their hair. When I'm out and about doing my Norwood spotting, I see lots of Asian men with dyed hair. It's very obvious with most of them. It could be cultural :dunno:

I know one guy who regularly dyes his hair. One day we were talking about hair, as you normally do, and he said he dyes his hair. I wouldn't have guessed, he does a good job with it :gay:

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I think a pill for grey hair would make a bomb! Specially considering in effects both men and women. Im 22 and have a decent amount of grey hairs, gets worse with every haircut, but it doesnt bother me too much. I've definitely heard women talking about how they dont like men wth grey hair.

Screw it tho, id gladly accept a full head of grey hair than a horse show of black hair!!

ali777

Reaction score
thenational said:
Im 22

I've definitely heard women talking about how they dont like men wth grey hair.

Nah, you are talking about the young ones... I think it's very normal that a girl in your age group doesn't like gray hair.

Flavio and I are in our early 30s, and I really don't think graying hair is the biggest of our concerns. Besides, all the women dye their hair to hide the gray spots, so they have nothing to complain about...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Grey hair is only an a problem for people without m.p.b. Any bald guy would give anything for a full head of grey hair.

BTW never got why people call it grey hair since nobody actually has grey hair its white unpigmented hair mixed with normally pigmanted hair.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
BTW never got why people call it grey hair....

BTW never got why some people spell that word "grey", instead of what seems to me to be much more natural: "gray".

cuebald

Reaction score
Both are correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

I too would rather a full head of gray hair vs a NW4+ head of coloured hair.

(My spellchecker has flagged "gray" up as incorrect!)

ali777

Reaction score
cuebald said:
(My spellchecker has flagged "gray" up as incorrect!)

Are you using British spell checker? My firefox is set to US English by default and it prefers gray, which reminds me to change the default settings of my browser :whistle:

According to the dictionary used by firefox, gray is the American spelling and grey is the British spelling. My dictionary says both are correct and it doesn't say anything about the British/American differences :dunno:

I personally prefer gray because it's easier to type than grey... With my typing technique, it's quicker to type an a after r :)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would trade my hairloss for grey hair any day, then i would just dye it and have a good happy life as a forever NW1

but life sucks :thumbdown2:
and male pattern baldness proves for once and for all there is no god, allah, buddha (obesity kills) or cow

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Both are correct.

I know that both are correct. I didn't say that "grey" is wrong, I said that "gray" is more natural.