Green tea bad for hair

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Chinese people drink tons of green tea and eat a lot of tofu. They seem to have a lot of hairloss at early ages as well. Japanese drink lots as well and eat soy, and seem to have thicker hair. I'm sure the effects are negligible.

rcom440

Reaction score
47thin said:
Chinese people drink tons of green tea and eat a lot of tofu. They seem to have a lot of hairloss at early ages as well. Japanese drink lots as well and eat soy, and seem to have thicker hair. I'm sure the effects are negligible.

it's all genetics.

Obsidian

Reaction score
For me it was. I started taking it about a week ago today not so much for 5ar blocking as I felt it really doesn't do much in that department but overall health purposes. I started on 600mg of Green Tea Extract and next day I was literally shedding hundred of hairs and I wouldn't have been scared but it was also thick healthy hairs so I stopped that after a few days, I lost some good ground after 4 months of minoxidil and starting to see decent results. :thumbdown2:

I guess my hormones are still out of whack, I guess that cancels out trying to start on anti-androgen treatments in the near future. :thumbdown2:

I hope I can gain back some of the hair I lost so quickly in 3 days.

Keep in mind this only happened to me and i had a negative androgen reaction to finasteride, i'm sure for most people this rarely happens.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been taking 400mg of Green Tea x 2 per day since May and for the price of it, its been a good addition. Zero regrowth but hair loss is very stable right now. I think its a no-brainer to add to one's regime given its price and associated health benefits. It aint Finasteride but its good stuff.

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, i take it in a form of a tea, that also has bluberrys's roiboos, Grapedseed, Vitamin C...i've been taking green tea in diferent forms for some years (3) and vever felt healthier..so like said before, even if it did nothing to hair, i would still take it...the orientals have been taking it for thousand of years, and if i recall they can't be considered as "bad hair" people...contrary, they have greater hair than western folks, so that is the largest invivo "study" one can have, right?!

Besides, acording to recent studies it's the EGCG part that does the benefits, and if i recall there's sveral studies that point that is actually good for male pattern baldness...and if combined with soy isoflavones, better still, so it seems..
I'm going to start using a nanosomal product based in Adenosine, EGCG, Genistein, OPC's, and some other good stuff and will keep everybody informed..

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
47thin said:

I don't think they eat a lot of tofu... not based on what I've witnessed.

Fam_1st

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
For me it was. I started taking it about a week ago today not so much for 5ar blocking as I felt it really doesn't do much in that department but overall health purposes. I started on 600mg of Green Tea Extract and next day I was literally shedding hundred of hairs and I wouldn't have been scared but it was also thick healthy hairs so I stopped that after a few days, I lost some good ground after 4 months of minoxidil and starting to see decent results. :thumbdown2:

I guess my hormones are still out of whack, I guess that cancels out trying to start on anti-androgen treatments in the near future. :thumbdown2:

I hope I can gain back some of the hair I lost so quickly in 3 days.

Keep in mind this only happened to me and i had a negative androgen reaction to finasteride, i'm sure for most people this rarely happens.
So you started taking it a week ago and you could already tell that there was no 5ar blocking and youhad a big shed?

You do realize that the shed could not be from the Green Tea withon a week?

No wonder people still haven't figured out how to help themselves with hairloss!

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: The soy debate

If you'll notice a lot of the anti-soy stuff either comes from animal models or relies on insinuations about what elevated levels of these chemicals might do in the human body without actually looking at what the elevated levels actually DO influence. Personally I don't touch the stuff though, I already get enough phytic acid from all the grains and legumes I eat in my mainly veggie-centric diet. but ooooooooo natto..... could never turn down that stuff.

Niganwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so. Green tea can relax the brain, reduce pressure can lead to drop hair??