Great Success After 4 Months On Finasteride/minoxidil

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

My first post. I have posted the same content in a different forum because I want to give older guys out there some hope even if it seems "too late to do something about it".

From what I've read, there's doubt if it's possible for older guys to recover hair at all. I'm in my late 40's and have been losing hair since college. As you can see in the first picture, a lot of my hair was gone.

Back in August, I started to take 1mg generic Finasteride every day, generic Minoxidil (liquid) twice per day, and 1% Nizoral EOD.

I had no sides whatsoever. Also, the shed that everybody is talking about never happened. Or maybe it did but not enough for me to notice (I really paid attention though). It was as if I was taking sugar pills and the only effect was hair growth, nothing else.

Hair loss stopped pretty much right away. Regrowth started about 6 weeks into the journey. I regrew hair everywhere, top, hairline, temples.

I'm attaching pictures for each month, starting in August, with the last 3 pictures being from December. All pictures are taken in my bathroom with 3 bright light bulbs shining from the top. I'm also aware that my hair is "4 months longer"since August. But it's obvious that there's more hair now.

In the last picture, you can see all the shorter new hair at the hairline and temple. Those short hairs seem to be all over the scalp below the longer hair.

My hair seems to be more healthy. It's darker now, going towards the dark blue-black color it was when I was a teenager.

The last picture was taken 2 weeks ago. My hair has further improved a lot since.

Anyways, hope this post will give encouragement to some of you.

Good luck. 1 August.PNG 2 September.PNG 3 October.PNG 4 November.PNG 5 December.PNG 5 Dec Front 1.PNG 5 Dec Front 2.PNG

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 weeks later. Hair is growing denser and longer. I'm having a hard time finding any thinning for the pictures.6 December_end 2.PNG 6 December_end 1.PNG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is true.unable to believe the pictures.can you please pictures with forehead so we know its of the same person.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude...This seems unrealistic...Are you using concealer or you had your son posing in the last pics?

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
Calchas, I love your comment about the son. Sounds like I look a lot younger now. Nice!

No, no concealer. Until last August, I wasn't even thinking about doing anything for my hair at all. As I'm aging, I'm actually ok with losing hair. Back in August, I was browsing a deal site and saw a sale for Minoxidil at a large national store. I didn't know what it was but it triggered my curiosity so I researched and found out about Minoxidil and Finasteride on this site. Thought I could give it a try.

555, I have no idea how to prove that all the pics are me. Here are some more pictures, with my forehead. First one is from September, still little hair. I looked up at the camera so my forehead is wrinkled. In the second picture from today, I did the same to mimic the first picture. I guess you can see that the wrinkles and eyebrows are absolutely identical. You can actually see a small round mark, a blemish, above my left eyerbrow, towards the center of my forehead. Third picture is again today but looking straight.

P3.PNG P5.PNG P4.PNG

Last edited:

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
amazing and i am very happy for you, been using similar medication for 10 months and i am not even close to your results :) Your pictures gives people like me hope!

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, reuters. Giving hope was the reason I was posting this.

For what it's worth, I live a healthy lifestyle. Lot of sleep, healthy diet, rarely alcohol, along with a positive attitude towards life. I know that living healthy is not growing any hair but I do believe it had a positive effect on my hair journey overall.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf!!!! this is unbelievable.
you apply how much minoxidil per day?
no dark circle /hypertrichosis with minoxidil? no gynecomastia/puffy nipples with finasteride?

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
michel, I started out with 1 ml twice per day (i.e. 2 ml per day combined) as per the packaging but had to gradually double the amount since there's so much hair now and so much is stuck in my hair. I don't rub in it but just use the dropper to go through my scalp.

I had no noticeable side effects with either Minoxidil or Finasteride. Of course I read about sides and was watching closely but nothing happened. The same goes for the shed. Nothing.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky bastard. How many years worth of hair loss do you think you have regrown?

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a tough question, Jonny.

When I was in college, the lady from the hair salon pointed out to me that my hair was thinning. But I moved on with my life, had my fair share of pretty girls, and started a successful career, never paying much attention to my hair. If I have to estimate the number of years I've recovered, I'd say it must be decades. Cosmetically, a normal person can't see that I've had any hair loss at all (I think). When I touch the root of my hair, the hair in the back feels thicker than in the front. But I'm still only 4.5 months into my treatment so I might fully recover.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy results! Congratulations. Like you say, an inspiration for older men who apparently have less of a chance of responding to these treatments.

It has probably taken ~10-15 years off your looks I'd imagine. :)

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your pictures. Amazing results. I'm having some success with similar regimen but much more slowly. I added a good derma-roller recently and I think that has helped a lot with absorption of minoxidil. Looks like you don't even need that!!! How come you never tried treatments before??

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, Red.

I heard about derma-rollers but the thought of piercing my skin with those needles is too scary :)

To answer your question: I was too happy with my life with or without hair to consider any change. As mentioned before, I found out about hairloss treatments by accident.

I was born in a war and have seen things no child should ever see. We lived in a shack with no running water and with intermittent power. The only clean drinking water was rain. I was hungry most of the time. I was faced with situations where death was almost certain and my life was full of hardship and setbacks. But I fought my way out. Nothing was given to me but now I finally live a very comfortable life.

I'm saying all this to give a perspective. I'm very happy about my hair success but if it hadn't worked out, so what. There are so many things that make life worthwhile.

I really hope I'm not coming across as a smart-***.

Last edited:

SaigonBlues

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great, your result has inspired me a lot as I am also Asian and has diffuse thinning like you. May I ask, how many hair were you losing daily BEFORE and AFTER taking finasteride ?

I'm not trying to hide anything but I really wasn't paying much attention so I don't know how many hairs I was losing daily.

After I started Finasteride, I looked in the shower for signs of a shed. It never happened. On the contrary, after a week or 10 days, the hairloss pretty much stopped. I counted only a few, maybe 1 - 5 per shower. Obviously, there are lost hairs that I missed but overall, it was negligible.

Good luck, man!