Great Success After 4 Months On Finasteride/minoxidil | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums

Great Success After 4 Months On Finasteride/minoxidil

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SaigonBlues, Dec 23, 2018.

1. SaigonBlues

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Red, man, how are you? Has your hair improved? How are you coping? You mentioned progress. I hope you have your life back now.

It always breaks my heart to hear how you guys are suffering.

2. manda

manda Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

You have a crazy progress. However I wouldn't jump off or lower the minoxidil. Never change a working treatment my friend. You got results pretty fast so there's a high chance that you are a good responder to minoxidil.

I'm now almost 4 months into Finasteride 1,25mg and so far my shedding and itching has more or less stopped but my hair didn't improve so far. I'll wait until the 6 months mark to make a decision about jumping on minoxidil. I guess patience and consistency is key so I have to wait but I'm looking so much for regrowth. I hope I'll get it.

3. Red October

Red October Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Saigon,

Things are good. I feel there's plenty of progress. Still not looking amazing or anything but it seems to be going in the right direction. I definitely feel my hair is thickening up. It seems to be moving at a much slower rate than yours. You must be a really good responder to minoxidil. I've found since getting a good derma-roller that the minoxidil seems to be absorbing better and thus giving better minoxidil results. Having said all that my hair is nowhere near what it once was (it's still very thin under harsh lighting) but I can't complain as I'm seeing progress. I'm hoping that by the end of this year it will be looking a lot better. I will re-assess then.

4. Red October

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'd say don't change anything if it's working man. You've had great results so stick with it.

5. transam

transam Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    do you apply minoxidil right after you derma roll?...or wait 24 hours?

6. Red October

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah. I'm following @Somebody 's method. I don't roll too hard so there may be only a spot or two of blood. I use 1.5mm most days and once a week I use a 2.0mm derma-roller. Only takes about a minute maybe two at most to derma-roll and apply minoxidil.

transam likes this.
  7. baldingAF

baldingAF Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey @SaigonBlues do you feel like you regrew hair or the hair you had just got thicker and was no longer miniaturized

8. SaigonBlues

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hard to tell but my best guess is that hair was no longer miniaturized. Really just a guess though.