Great improvement after only 4 months [Pictures]

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are great results. I hope to have that much regrowth in 4 months.

Hey admin, why did you say "hmm"? Just curious.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also 2 things can up the ante----nizoral/ketoconazole 2% shampoo instead of revita and make sure to leave it in at least 5-10 mins while you bathe or whatever. And MSM capsules starting low like 500mg for 2 wks then working up to 1000 for another 2 wks until you get to at least 3000mg a day, dividing it into 1500mg then anoterh 1500mg. I KNOW these 2 things work. Anyway, great job!!!

- - - Updated - - -

hey can you or do you mind combing ur hair back and letting us see how much regrowth occurred in the hairless areas from before? I'm just wanting to know to someone judge my possible ability to do so. The more people I see this happening, where it was bald and now has hair growing from the bald area as opposed to other hairs from other areas being combed over, the greater my hope and therefore maybe, possibility it will happen to me. Thanks!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
great results bro, congrats.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mikazz,

Its been a while now, how are you getting on

I have been maintaining my gain since my 6 month update. I don't think that I got significantly more hair since.

I stopped using 1mg of finasteride every days because of one side effect (In fact, I met a lot of people in real life who were using finasteride, and they ALL got at least minor sexual side effects). I tried to lower the dose, and I'm currently using 0.2mg every three days and this is the dose I feel comfortable with. I started this dose 3 months ago I have been at least been able to keep my gains.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Mikazz

First I would like to say what the rest of the people already said: Congratulations on the success with the big 3. It gives people hope to see this kind of thing even if it only happens to a "few".

I used propercia for 10 months and nizoral 1-2 times a week. The result was a little regrowth. I added Regaine this month. You being one of the reasons. :D

You found it embarassing at age 24? I started using a cap at 22. Now I won't go out without it and I'm 31. Think of that kind of hell, sigh. So I pray for success with the big 3 too.

Now to my questions:
1. Did you have the dandruff before or was it first after you started minoxidil?
2. How do you deal with the dandruff? Do you apply anything on the scalp, scrap it off or just leave it alone?

I'm asking since when I get out of bath my scalp is dry, and I also get those big dandruff flakes. (Well I had those before too)

You said you applied minoxidil in the morning after your shower when the hair was wet and then you stopped it.
3. Did you get any results before you stopping or did the results appear after stopping in the morning?
4. Do you take a shower every day in the morning? If yes, do you apply it the keto shampoo every day too?

Now to some special questions that may irk you...so if you don't want to answer them then it's fine.
5. How's your sleeping rythm? Do you get enough sleep? Do you stay up the night?
6. What about your eating habits? Do you eat healthy food or just fastfood most of the time? Do you miss out on any food times?

Last one is about exercising.
7. Do you exercise/train the body? If yes, how many times a week? Or do you just sit infront of the computer? If yes, how many hours a day?

Sorry for all these questions but I'm trying to compare my life with yours to see what I'm lacking and should add to my life.

Again congratz with your results :woot:

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
@Baldie101: thanks!

Yeah I was embarrassed and I started to research a treatment because of that (my male pattern baldness started to be visible at age 17). I do not have any history of an aggressive baldness like that in my family. I think it because of my massive consumption of milk (I suspect that the IGF1 contained in dairy products may accelerate baldness). One of my best friend is going bald very young too and we both drink a lot of milk (we recently stopped).

1. Did you have the dandruff before or was it first after you started minoxidil?
Not before. It is caused by the liquid.

2. How do you deal with the dandruff? Do you apply anything on the scalp, scrap it off or just leave it alone?
I do nothing for it because it don't bother me that much (it only really appears when I scratch my scalp).3. Did you get any results before you stopping or did the results appear after stopping in the morning?
I got results before I stopped, but it got better even when I stopped.
4. Do you take a shower every day in the morning? If yes, do you apply it the keto shampoo every day too?Yeah, every morning, and sometimes two times a day (after my workouts)5. How's your sleeping rythm? Do you get enough sleep? Do you stay up the night?
I don't sleep a lot, maybe an average of 7H per day. Yeah stay up some nights (4-5 nights per week)6. What about your eating habits? Do you eat healthy food or just fastfood most of the time? Do you miss out on any food times?
Since recently I was always eating cereals in the morning. I eat mostly healthy, but I eat fast food 2-3 times per week. I don't really miss food times.7. Do you exercise/train the body? If yes, how many times a week? Or do you just sit infront of the computer? If yes, how many hours a day?
I started to be a lot more active 3 years ago. Right now I train an average of 3 times a week(up to five hours per week) at my university gym. I mostly do boot camp, jogging, and weight lifting.

I hope it helps!

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Mikazz, thanks a lot for answering. It cleared up a few things so it helps!

From your reply, I got some things to change:
1. Shower each day. I only manage to get 3 showers with my schedule but I guess it's just a matter of getting into the habit of doing so.
2. Stop scratching my scalp when it gets itchy and don't care about the dandruff, heh.
3. Start exercising again, lol.

Actually I started exercising and thought that I started getting more hair. I had to stop because of busy schedule and 4 weeks after the stop, I started shedding like hell. That was also my 10th month on only finesteride. So not sure if it's because I stopped exercising or it was the rumoured second shedding.

The thing that surprised me is that I thought I would see an extreme healthy lifestyle but that doesn't seem to be the case. Nice to know that. (Well I don't stay up the whole night or eat fastfood/candy. I stopped doing that many years ago and only do it once every twice month):hairy:

Btw how good is Revita shampoo?
I feel that Nizoral dries my skin quite a lot resulting in tiny dandruff falling from my head just right after I shower, so if Revita seems to be better without causing any dryness or dandruff (and actually helping too) it would probably be a good idea to switch. Since you use it every day there should be some gains to get.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't feel that the revita shampoo cause dandruff or dryness and it doesn't seems to help me against that either. Taking a shower every day will surely helps against dandruff, but not against dandruff caused by minoxidil. For those ones I scratch my head with a comb every 3-4 days in the shower to remove the most of it.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Gonna go get a normal 5,5 ph value shampoo for normal use. I think ducray got one called elution or something. ;)

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
A little question: What time of the day do you take propecia and is it the same as the time when you started on it?

I wonder if it there's a difference in the levels of DHT and the time people take it.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, time to try out my theory. See you in a few months. Hopefully I will bee back with results aka hairs on my head ;)

Iloveindie

Reaction score
In an other thread you write you stopped finasteride because it delayed your orgasm. Is it true? In your success however you low your dosage to 0.25 every three days. did you stopped or you just continue on low dose?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mikazz are you still on finasteride? In an other thread you said you have stopped. Is it true? In your success story however you low your dosage and you don't get sides. Where is the thruth??

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mikazz are you still on finasteride? In an other thread you said you have stopped. Is it true? In your success story however you low your dosage and you don't get sides. Where is the thruth??