Good Suggestions For Shampoos That Stop Hair Loss?

dadon1

Reaction score
Hi hairlosstalk family,

I know shampoos probably don't play a big role in helping with maintenance but I was hoping someone could recommend a good brand to use.

I am currently using Vichy's neogenic shampoo (the sulfate in the shampoo is a deterrence).
Is this the best shampoo in the market in regards to hair maintenance or is there something better out there.
I was also looking into PURA D'OR Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo.

Thank you!!

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people think a good Keto based shampoo is an essential tool to combat baldness. Although it probably won't do much on it's own using a Keto shampoo (such as Nizoral) in conjunction with a DHT blocker has been proven more effective then just using the DHT blocker on its own.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 3 different shampoo's; Pura d' Or with keto (Gold label) 1 or twice a week. Avalon organics thickening as my "everyday" Shampoo and nioxin 1 about 2 or 3 times a month. The nioxin really cleans, so i onLy use it after i get some build up from the thickening Shampoo and the from the argan oil from Pura. I really like all 3 the way i use them. And they all last forever since i use them this way

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The pura d' Or is a really good Shampoo, but you dont want to use keto Shampoo's to often. Like 2-3 times a week max even though its only 1% keto. Pura d' also has other hair loss Shampoo's Without keto and are a lil cheaper. Im on finasteride now but i maintained for years using Pura d' Or/ Avalon organics / Nioxin 1 and natural supplements but at 33 started losing a tiny bit at temples and hopped on finasteride. Trying to stay a norwood 1.5 for life lol

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The pura d' Or is a really good Shampoo, but you dont want to use keto Shampoo's to often. Like 2-3 times a week max even though its only 1% keto. Pura d' also has other hair loss Shampoo's Without keto and are a lil cheaper. Im on finasteride now but i maintained for years using Pura d' Or/ Avalon organics / Nioxin 1 and natural supplements but at 33 started losing a tiny bit at temples and hopped on finasteride. Trying to stay a norwood 1.5 for life lol

Also, the 2% keto shampoos should only really be used 2 or 3 times a week for a few weeks but once once you've got rid of the dandruff and itchy scalp you should then only really use it once a week. I think with these type of shampoos you do more harm then good if you use them too much.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, the 2% keto shampoos should only really be used 2 or 3 times a week for a few weeks but once once you've got rid of the dandruff and itchy scalp you should then only really use it once a week. I think with these type of shampoos you do more harm then good if you use them too much.
i agree, i noticed if i used keto to much my hair looked kinda dry and slightly thinner

dadon1

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses! I am going to purchase the PURA D'OR Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo (Gold label) and only use it once a week for now. Do you guys recommend I change my everyday shampoo from neogenic to something else?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses! I am going to purchase the PURA D'OR Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo (Gold label) and only use it once a week for now. Do you guys recommend I change my everyday shampoo from neogenic to something else?

It wouldn't do any harm to use a shampoo without any sulphates as your regular shampoo. They're pretty hard to find though....

dadon1

Reaction score
It wouldn't do any harm to use a shampoo without any sulphates as your regular shampoo. They're pretty hard to find though....

Thanks, Funkymonk1! I know I am probably getting extremely annoying but in regards to a keto shampoo what is the difference between nizoral and regenepure Dr. The regenepure is a lot more expensive and it has less of the active ingredient but a lot of people on this forum speak highly of it. Or should I bypass both of those products and just go with the Pura?

DiscoDude

Reaction score
hey guys new here, looking for a good shampoo also. I did Pura d'or but realized there was a lot of fake reviews (check fakespot.com) so I lost trust/confidence in the product. looking for another recommendation. i also did Big 3 Shampoo but it also sufferers from many fake reviews. sigh.

Last edited:

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your welcome, i have never used neogenic. I dont know anything about it. Shampoo's are only gonna do so much, and its mostly a cosmetic effect, not stopping hair loss or regrowing. If that neogenic works good for you and your hair looks good w/ it, id stick with that until its gone at least, then decide is you want to try something else. As far as reviews, the other guy pointed out "Fake" Reviews. I think that prob happens with most products unfortunately. Its basically a comercial on Amazon. Thats the first thing we look at when trying to decide what product to buy, alot of money at stake so... Yeah prob are some fake reviews. Pura d' Or Gets my stamp of approval anyway lol just dont use it everyday, like 2x a week

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys new here, looking for a good shampoo also. I did Pura d'or but realized there was a lot of fake reviews (check fakespot.com) so I lost trust/confidence in the product. looking for another recommendation. i also did Big 3 Shampoo but it also sufferers from many fake reviews. sigh.
i posted above my thoughts on fake reviews. I agree there's Probably a fair amount of them. Pura d' Or gold label w/ keto is a good shampoo though, ive used it for two years. It wont regrow hair though like some reviews claim, IMO. i use Pura d' Or gold label w/ keto, nioxin 1, and Avalon organics thickening Shampoo. The Avalon organics is a good "everyday" And its pretty cheap for an "Upper class" Shampoo 12$ For smaller bottle about 20$ For the giant bottle that lasted me almost 2.5 -3 years lol

Last edited:

DiscoDude

Reaction score
i posted above my thoughts on fake reviews. I agree there's Probably a fair amount of them. Pura d' Or gold label w/ keto is a good shampoo though, ive used it for two years. It wont regrow hair though like some reviews claim, IMO. i use Pura d' Or gold label w/ keto, nioxin 1, and Avalon organics thickening Shampoo. The Avalon organics is a good "everyday" And its pretty cheap for an "Upper class" Shampoo 12$ For smaller bottle about 20$ For the giant bottle that lasted me almost 2.5 -3 years lol

is it ok to trust them since there are several fake reviews? I worry about the ingredients. What if keto isn't even in there? Amazon doesn't do tests to verify authenticity do they?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Funkymonk1! I know I am probably getting extremely annoying but in regards to a keto shampoo what is the difference between nizoral and regenepure Dr. The regenepure is a lot more expensive and it has less of the active ingredient but a lot of people on this forum speak highly of it. Or should I bypass both of those products and just go with the Pura?

nizoral is a basic Keto shampoo whereas Regenpure has many other ingredients in it that are meant to be beneficial for hair such as Saw Palmetto, Emu Oil, Niacin, Vitamin B3, Caffeine ect. It is also meant to be less harsh on your hair and scalp then nizoral due to having none of those nasty sulphates in it.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it ok to trust them since there are several fake reviews? I worry about the ingredients. What if keto isn't even in there? Amazon doesn't do tests to verify authenticity do they?
oh yeah the ingredients are for real. I think they would get in a ton of trouble for that... I dont know how, or for sure if reviews are fake, or who exactly puts them up. Im just speculating. But i dont think its just pura d' or. I think its most products on Amazon... But idk for sure. But I do know that its been a good shampoo for me

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about 1% shampoos? I've got Foligain advanced shampoo which has minoxidil, trioxidil and 1% keto plus other beneficial ingredients. Gonna use it once a week. The foligain says to use several times a week. I suppose as it's only 1% it's maybe okay. Have Nizoral too and gonna add the Avalon Organics. Use each once a week.

Andrew11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased argan oil art naturals for a preventive hair loss shampoo and it left my scalp itchy .... any other good shampoos that might be good alternatives? I have no idea why its itchy i mean it leaves the hair with nice volume and shine but with the itch it dosent seem worth it

Ava Jack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use, Sulphate Free shampoo, it help you in many ways because it all natural