GOOD RESULTS IN 3 MONTHS OF minoxidil

Jayz

Reaction score
Had some pretty good results in last three months on minoxidil 5%. Had been on it two months already by time of first images, but difference between these and the later two images amazed me when I compared them.

Check it out:

7 Dec 2006
http://i15.tinypic.com/2zsacg2.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/4c127mx.jpg

7 March 2007

http://i16.tinypic.com/334kk1w.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/2qk4d43.jpg

- So as to compare like for like, all four pics were taken with flash.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think of these results. How would you rate them?

Jayz

Reaction score
Was on 1/4 mg finasteride for about two years, which helped maintain.

About Nov 06 added MSM x 2 and minoxidil 5% x 2 each day, and nizoral every third day.

IBM

Reaction score
The result is awesome. When you started finasteride you were just like 7 Dec 06 picture?

ugly_and_balding

Reaction score
Those are great results! Wow. In 3 months! I've been on 1mg finasteride daily and using minoxidil 5% for over 4 months now and have only had modest results. My main hair loss problem is all in the front like yours. I really hope it will start to fill in like your hair has! Do you still take finasteride? Or is it only minoxidil now?

Jayz

Reaction score
Still taking 1/4 mg finasteride every day. I recommend MSM, I think it's made a big difference.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow :shock:

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayz,
I just wanted to say i'm in awe of your progress. How is the thickness on your hair? I've been on minoxidil for about 2 months and i'm hping that I can get results somewhat like yours soon. How did you apply the minoxidil when you used it. You said that you used MSM. I've never purchased it before but I understand it speeds up the growth in your nails and hair. How much do you happen to use given your height and weigh? Congats on your progress and keep us posted.

-Pologuy

Jayz

Reaction score
Hi Pologuy

My hair is getting thicker by the day now, starting to get quite bristly and wavy on top. I'm being cautiously optimistic, but at current rates in 6 months I will have all of my original hair back.

I apply minoxidil a couple of minutes after toweling dry my hair in the morning, and at night. I try not to over-apply, as it caused scalp itching and sore eyes.

I use 2 or 3 1000 mg tablets of MSM a day. My height is 6'3 and weight 80 kg.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayz,
Where do you happen to buy your msm. If they carry it at Wal-mart or a regular department store that would be convenient.

-Pologuy

Jayz

Reaction score
I live in the UK - I buy it online at shops like Pharmacy2U or Phoenix Pharmacy. Many similar ones available if you look around in the states.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
so you maintained on 0.25mg on finasteride daily? not proscar cut into 4ths (1.25mg). just trying to get it straight.

Wolfdude

Reaction score
Damn! That is some good results there Jayz! :D Congratz

You know I'm really beginning to wonder if this MSM is the missing link for a lot of people. The top 3 results I've seen all included MSM in their regimen. "English" and "Joeb" used MSM and had similar results. I just started using it a few weeks ago. It's hard to tell what's going on yet but even if it doesn't help with the hair it is good for other stuff and it is fairly cheap.

Right on Jayz. Thanks for sharing.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm taking MSM, definitely makes your hair grow faster. Nice job on the results, you have to be pretty darn happy.

Jayz

Reaction score
justin said:
so you maintained on 0.25mg on finasteride daily? not proscar cut into 4ths (1.25mg). just trying to get it straight.

Yes, 0.25 mg finasteride daily. Seemed to work well for over a year, started to lose a bit at end of second year, that's when I started the MSM, minoxidil and Nizoral.

Jayz

Reaction score
Wolfdude & Klink, thanks for your comments. Only a few months ago I was searching this forum for ideas, and already seeing good results, with more still to come :freaked2:

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayz,
I purchased Pure MSM today from a supplement shop. They come in 500 mg capsules. I took 6 with water and food. I'm just a little shorter than you. I'm 160 lb 6'2. I think this is the right amount because it said take one capsule for every 30 lbs you weigh. Hopefully this will pay off. Thanks again.

-Pologuy

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I seen a pattern... most of the successful stories here are by people who combine minoxidil, msm and nizoral... i also believe minoxidil absorbs better when you apply it after shower.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
btw what brand of msm do you take and do you use 1% or 2% nizoral?