Good looking people

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
UCMan was quite fetching before he lost his hair. Methinks his corruption was complete before the hairloss.

slipy

Reaction score
mmm then you want your hair back, so you can be accepted by the same society you hate so much.....? what does that make of you you exactly.................................... ( as vain and superficial as "they" are ?, a hypocrite? schizophrenic maybe?)

he does have a point, uc man.

i've never been a fan of your use of the word ''conformity''.

i can fully understand and relate to not wanting to be victimized and singled out. but striving to conform to something when you're fully aware how deeply flawed it is, thats another matter. makes it sound like you're bummed out that you've been robbed of the chance of being a part of that ''superficial'' crowd.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
mmm then you want your hair back, so you can be accepted by the same society you hate so much.....? what does that make of you you exactly.................................... ( as vain and superficial as "they" are ?, a hypocrite? schizophrenic maybe?)

I give up, you got me. The jig is up. I just really want to be cool and good looking so I can bang perfect tens and get away with wearing trendy clothes to get into all the best clubs.... nevermind my wife of 14 years or our ten year old daughter, I just want everyone to admire and adulate me because I'm a psychotic sociopath. I just know with hair and hard work I could be the next Jason Bateman ( from American Psycho), fingers crossed Ori.:smack:

- - - Updated - - -

he does have a point, uc man.

i've never been a fan of your use of the word ''conformity''.

i can fully understand and relate to not wanting to be victimized and singled out. but striving to conform to something when you're fully aware how deeply flawed it is, thats another matter. makes it sound like you're bummed out that you've been robbed of the chance of being a part of that ''superficial'' crowd.

I was going to PM this to you slipy but my box was full and I was having trouble erasing messages to make room so I will share publicly because I have nothing to hide....

I know society is flawed but it's not like I can start some revolution that changes the way people think to end baldism. I struggled with this idea of social injustice while trying to rewrite my negative mantras but I deduced logically that ultimately it is better to be accepted than to be right. Nobody cares that I'm right... if being bald is right then everyone would rather stay comfortably wrong. Consider it a "you can't beat them so you have no choice but to join them" or live in a constant state of conflict like I have been.

And about the word conformity... I know it's connotations, I know it is the real villain in any required high school literature be it Farenheit 451 or One Flew Over the Coo Coo's Nest. They glorify individuality as a virtue and romantisize it but have any of these authors ever experienced a deformity so horrific that it separates them from humanity where they would not be regarded as human? They take their markers and the access they provide for granted! Now, the youth want to be different but as long as they are still beautiful. That is a ****ing fallacy. Deform them, and they will learn the value of being able to conform before the sun sets.

Nature took my hair away, society took my humanity away.

slipy

Reaction score
it's not just about being ''right'' or ''wrong'', and being accepted.
there are many people who make unconventional choices that are disapproved by others and live happily with it, disregarding condemnations. because it's their choice, we're devoid of choice. i think it all comes down to the fact that not only society but we ourselves view baldness as a disfiguring horrible thing that hurts our egos and that complicates things. we don't want to be like this.

but fair enough, uc man. i was unsure about the undertone of the conformity you speak of, and you explained it to me.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is that people subconsciously look down on baldness as a personal failure, such as gaining weight.

If it's in the genes...

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is that people subconsciously look down on baldness as a personal failure, such as gaining weight.

If it's in the genes...

Extremely true. My own thought. Well, to be honest, before I knew anything about hairloss I only considered someone "bald" if he was slick bald or NW5 and lower, otherwise I wouldn't even notice. Back as a kid and teen, I thought that baldness could only happend to boring old people (thank you, Hollywood), like some greedy businessmen or politicans. Like If someone would decide to become a rock star or professional skateboarder they'll never go bald.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and that's ****ing bull****. People have told me all sorts of **** that I've probably done that's contributed to it, like wanking too much/drinking too much/eating unhealthy etc. when I don't do any of them. I just have ****ty hair genetics.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If someone makes those types of assumptions about me I result to sarcasm or really dark humor. I love to make people ask, "was that dude joking?"

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

If it's in the genes...

When I read this it stood out to me and I have meant to comment on it for weeks now... your not even bald and you realize this. It's only after I fully lost my hair that I became aware of societies prejudice against the bald. I would like to think that I didn't notice or care about baldness in my youth but upon introspection, I remember flinching and scowling and a few unsightly bald guys thinking how it must suck to be them. I suppose I was just as swept up in social convention (and youthful arrogance) as anyone else... so much so that I didn't even realize that I was harboring so much prejudice, that is until I became the target for social prejudice. Your remark impressed me because it is true, more true than you realize.