Good doctor in the San Francisco Bay Area?

af2048

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in San Jose, CA. I am looking for a good doctor to help me with my hair loss (dermatologist, endocrinologist, gynecologist...).
I went to a dermatologist at Palo Alto medical foundation who, after I waited 4 months for the appointment, told me that there was nothing to do, and I could wear a wig once all my hair was gone! How helpful!
I know it is most likely a thyroid problem since I have been on thyroid medication for years. I come from another countrey where when they checked my thyroid, they did pages and pages of tests, here they just do T4 and TSH!

I have checked the website that lists dermatologists in my area, but none of the ones listed specialize in hair loss. Any pointers to good doctors will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

alex

cupnoodle

Reaction score
what i can say is the best doctors usually located in the universities, like UCSF, there is one, i forgot her name, but her appointment is always full, like if i want to make an appointment to see her, i have to wait till next year, for real, that's what the operator told me, so look for doctors that has clinic or something in the medical school like UCSF or USF, maybe Berkerly has one, not sure, they will work better for they don't want to screw the school's name~ =)

AZgirl

Reaction score
We heard that the BEST doctor for hair loss is in San Francisco at UCSF her name is Dr. Vera Price. She is the head of the a hair and nail disorder clinic. I was wondering what country you are from. From your post, it sounds like your home country gives more extensive thyroid tests than here in the USA. Is that true? What country are you from? Just curious, really...

Meljbodin

Reaction score
Another good dermatologist in the San Francisco Bay area is Dr. Winfield, She is excellent..and takes her time with patients. I believe the number for appointments is 415-388-0660.

MJB.

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Where is Dr. Winfield located? Do you have her full name, area of specialty and do you know if she takes insurance or will this be out of pocket? Thanks!

Meljbodin

Reaction score
Julie Anne Winfield,MD 239 Miller Ave. Suite 8 Mill Valley,
CA 94941. Phone: 415-388-0660 || Fax: 415-388-0661;

She specializes in general dermatology and pediatric dermatology. I really like her. I am really not sure if it is out of pocket or insurance...sorry.. but you can call and im sure her office staff can tell you.

MJB

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it! BTW, I got an appointment with Dr. Vera Price, booked it yesterday (end of May) for August.