Good Concealers For Thinning Hairline

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any good concealers for a thinning hairline that aren't noticeable? Also are there any good concealers that wouldn't be noticed when really close with someone/hooking up?

Any answers are appreciated. Thanks.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to say no............wish I had a better answer but they just do not work well in the hairline.

What I would suggest is an anti shine cream. Although they are translucent they can reduce the reflection of light coming off the scalp which can help reduce the appearance of thinness. If it's an option lightening of the hairline would also reduce the contrast between hair and scalp also reducing the appearance of thinning.

shookwun

Reaction score
Dermmatch is the only one.

paints the hair, adds bulk and then you blow dry to finish.

fairly water resistant. Need to shampoo to completely remove it off.

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermmatch is the only one.

paints the hair, adds bulk and then you blow dry to finish.

fairly water resistant. Need to shampoo to completely remove it off.
Okay cool thanks. Thats the only one I've actually used and seemed to work decently well. I really struggle with the application though. Are you supposed to used it on your scalp or just on the hair? Do you wet the applicator before applying?

Mikeisgoingbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's tough man. I use toppik on my hair but on the the very front it just falls on the scalp and looks like dirt up close.

el_storm

Reaction score
It's tough man. I use toppik on my hair but on the the very front it just falls on the scalp and looks like dirt up close.

I agree. Sometimes for special events I use toppik on my hairline. What I do is pour a little on the palm of one hand and with my pointer finger, sort of rub it on the tip, and rub the toppik softly on the small hairs of my hairline. I screw up all the time an have to start over, but eventually, it comes out decent. I do have my hair really low thought, ymmv. Also, I ask my wife if she can notice from about 2 feet away, and she says no. I doubt anyone will be inspecting that close to notice. I have even worn it before going to the gym to see if it would drip off, nope, still intact. I believe there are ways to get creative, and screw that, you are doing for you, not for anyone else. I would gladly tell anyone asking that I did put something on my hair. Women do it every day...

Attachments

• Hairline.jpg
    Hairline.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 514

shookwun

Reaction score
Topping is garbage.

Use dermmatch.