Good candidate for Dermatch?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if Dermatch might be a useful addition to my hairloss regimen?

I've attached a few pics so anyone who uses it can see if it'll have much impact.

2d1u6p2.jpg

1176vk1.jpg

This is what my hair looks like when styled, so wondering how much Dermatch can have a good impact on the hairline when it's combed forward like this?

jfj19v.jpg

I've recently gone through a pretty major shed so the above pic isn't quite how it looks now to me (probably no different to anyone else), but I'd like to thicken up my hairline a bit as feel its looking a bit thin on the right side under certain lights.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I can see in the photos your hair looks great. You could be the 5th Beatle in that last photo.

I think dermatch works perfect on people like yourself with minimal thinning. If you want to use it to sprouse up your hair a bit and give it a fuller thicker look, it could work.

Have you tried any concealers in the past?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya said:
From what I can see in the photos your hair looks great. You could be the 5th Beatle in that last photo.

I think dermatch works perfect on people like yourself with minimal thinning. If you want to use it to sprouse up your hair a bit and give it a fuller thicker look, it could work.

Have you tried any concealers in the past?

haha thanks man :)

I've never used concealers tbh so its all very new to me. My hair would look terrible if I didnt have it combed forward in a Beatles style as that large chunk is missing from my hairline, however usually it looks fine once styled... however it has definately thinned out a bit recently and I'm becoming a little obsessed I think with trying to hide it.

I might give it a little try and see if it just helps me feel a little more positive about that side of my hair.

Does anyone know if I can go in a sauna and steam room with in in my hair? or is that a real no go?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered a tub of dermmatch to be delivered tomorrow. Your hair loss pattern seems similar to mine so I can give you a review then, unless you have already gone a got some. I've not actually bought it for hair loss reasons, but because I usually cut my own hair and last night, I did it in the dark, so I need to cover up some patches. I'm definitely going to see what it can do for my hair overall though. The company claims that dermmatch only comes off with shampoo, and you can otherwise swim with it, sweat with it, be rough with your hair etc. This can't be trusted entirely, but I suppose we don't have a whole lot to hide in the first place so whats the harm in trying?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not entirely necessary to actually thicken up your hair (not that it'll do any harm) but I'm using it firstly to conceal some man made bald spots (a result of insisting I cut my own hair) and also just to help out my hairline a little in case it becomes exposed. I'm not even entirely bothered about the current state of my hairline, my friends are just too stubborn to accept that there is nothing in between their perfect juvenile hairlines and a completely bald head.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
My dermmatch came a couple of days ago and I must say it actually allows me to expose my hairline confidently. If I'm styling my hair to fall over my hairline though, then it's not really doing much. I tried to use it to coat my hair but that made it impossible to style properly, so it really is only completely useful when your exposing your hairline. It did work brilliant for concealing the patchy hair cut though.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
My dermmatch came a couple of days ago and I must say it actually allows me to expose my hairline confidently. If I'm styling my hair to fall over my hairline though, then it's not really doing much. I tried to use it to coat my hair but that made it impossible to style properly, so it really is only completely useful when your exposing your hairline. It did work brilliant for concealing the patchy hair cut though.

Thanks for the info everyone...

Stable it sounds like it's probably not the product for me then if I can't style my hair easily with it in unfortunately, but it's good to get your feedback in case I change my hair style at any point.

Looks like the old comb over is still the best option for me :punk:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
stableforehead said:

Thanks for the info everyone...

Stable it sounds like it's probably not the product for me then if I can't style my hair easily with it in unfortunately, but it's good to get your feedback in case I change my hair style at any point.

Looks like the old comb over is still the best option for me :punk:

I have grown attached to it and the only reason it makes my hair impossible to style is because I have half-curly hair that is impossible to style anyway. A little bit of conditioner rubbed in after the dermmatch makes it much easier though. As soon as I've saved enough money though, I'm shaving it and going for SMP.

scouse

Reaction score
I'm a fair haired diffuse thinner. I have been usin dermatch light brown for around a year. Quite pleased, adds 5 mins to my morning routine, doesnt do miracles but i just use a small amount and improves my hair by maybe 15-20%.

s.a.f

Reaction score
scouse said:
I'm a fair haired diffuse thinner. I have been usin dermatch light brown for around a year. Quite pleased, adds 5 mins to my morning routine, doesnt do miracles but i just use a small amount and improves my hair by maybe 15-20%.

And thats all you should expect from any concealer, trying for more will just produce unnatural and obvious results. And if you're buying the product more than once a month you're using too much.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I second the gentleman that said the key is bot to use too much or to over use it. I have severely thinning at front and obvious thinning in crown. My front was especially fukced because of a fukced transplant. Dermmatch for me was godsend. Try to use it on slightly damp hair, brush it while blow drying and you're good to go. If you wash it immediately afterwards you will see some coming off. But after an hour it's pretty solid regardless of sweating and swimming.

How do any of you use minoxidil with it?