Gonna try INTENSE stimulation and healing of my liver...

Hoppi

Reaction score
Just because... man it's so hard to know exactly what's upsetting it, even though I am very confident my liver is my issue. Is it leaky gut, bacteria, parasites, candida, fat, metals, general "fatigue"? I just don't know for sure, and although I will gradually tackle these things, I guess I'm tired of my hair making me feel like a clock is ticking...

So, I'm going to try unbelievably intense strengthening of my liver!! And see if that at least provides a quick fix. Now that I know there are no flukes in it and I am working to strengthen my gut wall (and taking colloidal silver which will hopefully kill any bacteria that may be knocking around), and also that parasite cleansing revealed no huge tapeworms or anything really bad like that, I know there just can't be anything THAT serious going on in there, you know? Or if there is I'm working on it.

So, I have purchased some standardised milk thistle online (100mg of sylibin per capsule, so I'll take 4 a day), Liv.52 (I'll probably go on a slightly elevated dose) and NAC (I'll go on a good dose but not excessively high as I heard it can be harmful in too high amounts).

From what I've heard those three (the purpose of the last one - n-acetyl-cysteine - of course being to raise glutathione in my liver) are THE best liver supplements one can take, and by combining them I should really get some impact.

I am also taking things like ACV and choline with the intention of gradually cleansing out liver fat (and have also done two liver flushes), but so far no results and I feel like I can't possibly rely on them. Anyway, that's all, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Hoppi!

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Hoppi, good to see that you're still remaining optimistic. If you want a good liver healing just start eating well. I ended up getting swept up in the ketogenic-paleo thing once I started it back in November. If you're looking to have a healthy liver there's basically no better way than with one of these type of diets. Even if it doesn't help out your hair (hasn't yet grown back any for me) you'll feel too damned good to care.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cool man thanks for the advice :)

I am trying to eat a bit better - until my NAC arrives in the post I've been eating lots of watermelon as I know that contains... I believe it's also cysteine, but I know it's capable of lifting glutathione anyway!

I've also ordered 120 5000IU caps of vitamin D as well, as I heard it does have a role in glutathione synthesis (I have no idea where xD ) and I spend waaayyyy too long indoors, particularly for someone of meditteranean roots whose skin is probably expecting to be absorbing a fair amount of hot sunlight!

It's odd because... I realized it could just be as simple as my liver under-performing while I was sitting in a lecture at uni. She was talking about lactose intolerance, and how when a person doesn't produce the enzyme (lactase) they can get diarrhoea, cramps, etc, and it made me realize I guess just how much a food can impact the body simply because we can't digest it properly. Up until then I was thinking "it can't matter that much - surely the egg would just pass through my body less digested is all". But... I think it's easy to forget just how PRECISE the body is - things have to go really well in there to go smoothly.

I almost feel like I was beating around the bush to start obsessing about worms and candida and all that, when in actual fact most of my symptoms simply indicate a liver not throwing out enough bile o_O

Hoppi

Reaction score
finfighter said:
You should drink tons of booze! I hear it's great for the liver! :freak: :sulkoff:

Tried that... lol ^^

Reaction score
Hoppi you are such a bizarre character.....

I generally do agree with your theories and how certain conditions may increase or decrease the rate of male pattern baldness and you seem to have a good grasp on learning about the body in an open minded way.

BUT you never seem to stick to any regimen or theory for more than a week.

What is the point. In fact it makes me wonder, what is the point of your existance?

Jacob

Reaction score
Just for future reference..for those interested :whistle:

Cysteine itself can be supplemented as a pure amino acid and has long been used in attempts to raise glutathione levels. Because L-cysteine is unstable and can become degraded during absorption, the more stable acetyl derivative of L-cysteine, N-acteyl-L-cysteine (NAC), is usually used. Taken orally, NAC converts into L-cysteine after being absorbed, and may raise blood and tissue cysteine levels.* The cysteine in CysteinePePâ„¢, on the other hand, requires no conversion

See also http://swansonvitamins.blogs.com/swanson_weblog/2006/01/aging_gratefull.html

and http://naturalpartners.silverw.com/images/pdfs/AL0274.pdf

As mentioned before..the phytosomal milk thistle may have been a better choice- there are combo products that contain it..just one product to purchase/use. Swanson has a good one...especially when they have the BOGO sale on it :woot:

http://www.doctormurray.com/2011/01...t-increase-the-absorption-of-herbal-extracts/

Hoppi

Reaction score
balanceguardian said:
Hoppi you are such a bizarre character.....

I generally do agree with your theories and how certain conditions may increase or decrease the rate of male pattern baldness and you seem to have a good grasp on learning about the body in an open minded way.

BUT you never seem to stick to any regimen or theory for more than a week.

What is the point. In fact it makes me wonder, what is the point of your existance?

aw haha that's a bit harsh :)

Erm, actually, although I know what you mean completely, it's something I'm very aware of and try to cover myself for. At one point, as I discovered a new take on things which I saw as completely superior to the last, I would - yes - wipe the blackboard totally clean and start again, so to speak.

Now though, all of the approaches I've had that I still have faith in and believe may have a role to play in all this, I am still treating. For example, I haven't stopped taking malic acid and choline since I brought them up in a thread a little while back now, but since I have learned more I am adding more around them. The same is true for colloidal silver and periodic parasite cleanses and liver flushes. Gradually your approach just becomes more and more holistic and all-inclusive, until you know enough to cover all the bases and tackle all the likely things all at once!

It's more a case of adding things now or sometimes juggling very similar supplements for the sake of variety or improvement, as opposed to "chopping and changing".

It's all a learning curve, at the end of the day :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
And yay I really think there's DEFINITELY been an improvement in my digestive system!! Signs point at more bile which means my liver is healing! It's heeeaaaaling! Yay! ^_^

I hope this means what I think it means and things are moving in the right direction! Oh please please pleeeaaase! ^_^