Golden Globes - Why do The Stars Have Such Great Thick Hair

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudes, stop throwing the hate towards Tom Cruise, that is a great head of hair with no signs of male pattern baldness.

Celebs in general are broken down into four categories describing their hair:

1. Those who wear wigs or have weaves

2. Those that have had a hair transplant

3. Those that accept they are losing hair and roll with it

4. Those that have sold their soul to the Devil, and have great natural hairlines

So it is said, and so shall it be

HomerJ

Reaction score
If Tom Cruise is losing his hair then may I be cursed with the same hair loss as him....yesh

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Celebrities can do anything to their hair, no matter what type of hair they have, and come off looking perfect. Haven't you guys ever seen pics of celebs in the taboids where they were not expecting to be photographed? They can often look terrible and their hair, or lack thereof, is no exception.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't you guys ever seen pics of celebs in the taboids where they were not expecting to be photographed? They can often look terrible and their hair, or lack thereof, is no exception.

Brandon Fraser comes to mind, if the picture of him is real.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, Holy sh*t Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey, Edward Norton and Heath Ledger are NOT losing their hair.

Neither Carrey, Notron or Ledger ever had prefect hairlines to begin with (Depp comes to mind also), but that doesn't mean they are losing their hair. Hell even Brad Pitt's Hairline is not "perfect." Look at pictures from when he shaved his head in Fight Club...yep his temples go up about a 1/2 inch. It's just his hair so damn think it really doesn't matter.

Pretty much if you're caucasian there is very very small chance you'll make it to 50 without losing at least some hair.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
RalphyWiggum said:
LOL, Holy sh*t Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey, Edward Norton and Heath Ledger are NOT losing their hair.

Neither Carrey, Notron or Ledger ever had prefect hairlines to begin with (Depp comes to mind also), but that doesn't mean they are losing their hair. Hell even Brad Pitt's Hairline is not "perfect." Look at pictures from when he shaved his head in Fight Club...yep his temples go up about a 1/2 inch. It's just his hair so damn think it really doesn't matter.

Pretty much if you're caucasian there is very very small chance you'll make it to 50 without losing at least some hair.

Yeah don't tell that to donald trump, his hair is perfect! :)

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Heath Ledger IS going bald!!

RalphyWiggum said:

Heath Ledger? Not going bald. Ehhhh...Are you nuts? Just go to THIS WEBSITE, type Heath Ledger into their search engine and THEN tell me what you think. Pay particular attention to the pics marked 10 Jan 2004. It's as clear as day. Heath Ledger is on a one way ticket to Baldsville USA.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are pathetic.

I feel pathetic for even reading this thread.

Dont worry about celebreties losing their hair, go out and live life :)

billybob

Reaction score
There is no such thing as saying, "so and so has had that hairline forever he won't be bald" Anyone who i've ever known from highschool who began balding after puberty has been going nowhere but down ever since. Anyone who has a receded hairline at age 20 will go bald because the cycle has started.

When though, could be within 5 years or 50. Celebrity or not, hairlines don't just all of a sudden decide to stabilize forever. They can go very very slow, but it will ultimatley become noticable. It just seems major to us because we're the ones measuring out temples every day but to the gen public it really isn't that bad.

Most people don't even notice the slow people/don't give a sh*t, but they are in fact still "balding" and will be bald. Look at old guys like sting, robert deniro, al pacino, mel gibson. It's taken them damn near 25 years and they still aint bald. I've never in my life heard anyone comment about their hair. people only comment about fast changes.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Technically that's incorrect. Here's why.

Some guys only recede an inch, and then stay that way until they die.

Some guys only recede a quarter inch, and then stay that way until they die. We all know that much...

Some guys recede 5 inches and lose almost everything, and then guess what.... stay that way until they die.

So yes its very possible to have a mature hairline develop at age 25 and then completely stop getting worse, to any noticeable extent at least.

Its all about which hairs are going to be susceptible to DHT, and that person's own physiology.

Your post implies that if you start to thin or recede, you keep going, no matter what... but that ignores that everyone has a stopping point, whether its 1 inch back or 5 inches back.

HairLossTalk.com

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree, with HairLossTalk.com, it all depends on the person. Ive had friends who laughed at my hair loss 10 years ago go completly bald within 2 years, other guys who looked like they started receeding in high school stay with a full thick crop with no further recession.

Overall Im happy with what I have left because while my hair is thin, and my hairline receeded, nobody in their right mind would call me bald. The minoxidil and propecia have inproved the thickness and density of my hair even if my hairline hasnt moved forward.

An old friend I hadnt seen in years told me the other day my hair looked exactly the same as when he last saw me, kinda made my day.

And the pics of Heath Ledger - man he is going bald. His hairline is almost a dead ringer for mine. Compared to his crop in that jousting movie, whew he's losing it fast. I bet he does something about it. And yeah the makeup helps, Branded Fraiser's hair looks like *** in person.

G

That's why propecia f*cking sucks, because right now my hairloss has stopped, but would have it stopped anyway is the question. Family history helps a bit, but damn, even thats sketchy. Do I have Uncles Billy's loss, my gramps loss, uncle Jimmy's loss, my pops loss. Wtf it sucks.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Interesting logic. Propecia sucks because it stopped your hair loss, and now you don't know if your hairline would have been worse.

hmmmmmm :wink:

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw a pic of Brendan Frasier in a British magazine the other day...poor guy. Hair and makeup do wonders.

G

HairLossTalk.com

Well I've been on propecia more than two years now, and during the first year I still had some minor recession which has now somewhat stabalized. Was it due to propecia? Maybe, probably, but would I have been alright without it?

It sucks in that way, not in the genereal sense. I love popping my little orange(or whatever) propecia pills, everyday.

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't.

G

Acutally, I guess to's the dynamic of hairloss across people and generations that sucks. I mean if I knew that I would only recede to a nw3 and stay that way, I would have so much piece of mind, it would be ridiculous.

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree with what this guys saying, you can start losing a little hair and get freaked by it and start up on propecia and you may not lose anymore. But how can you be sure it was the propecia that caused it and that it wasn't just a mature hairline forming or something which was gonna stop all by itself anyway.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
It aint worth talking about. Time-travel would have to exist to find the answer to that question so don't worry yer heads about it.

But there is one way of putting your minds at ease. Is'nt it well documented that the majority of people who stop Propecia or Regaine lose all the hair they regained/kept? Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

Propecia/Regaine etc is like wearing a life jacket or a seat belt (a very expensive life jacket or seatbelt) in the sense that you use it without knowing whether or not you're actually going to need it.

Bottom line: Better safe than sorry.