Going to try botox , there's been a clinical trial ...

Preston

Reaction score
Hello

I know most people are aware that botox has been proposed has a possible treatment for hair loss by a few doctors .
I was skeptical until I saw on clinicaltrials.gov that some guys in canada have tested it .
I've mailed the doctor to get some details since the phase II trial is finished , he answered that 75% of the people with male pattern baldness had a response to some degree , and the response was ranged to stopping hair loss to 30% gain over a year .
It works best with people that have tight scalp ( wich I do have )
The results are going to be soon published in plastic and reconstructive surgery .

I've spoken to a doctor that is willing to try this, he told me the procedure is safe but that he could not guarantee any results . This guy is really nice he advised me to speak before with another doctor that has a lot of experience witih hair loss and is aware of all the news regarding this subject .I'm going to contact him next week .
He's agreed to a good price since I'm a student and I don't have much money .

If anyone has more informations about this , please share .

I will of course share my results since I'm almost sure I'm going to do it .
Probably in the next 2 weeks .

Opinions ? Thoughts ?

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
@Preston: Can you share with us the name of the doctor?
Honestly I would like to contact this doctor too, to make him some questions.

If you don't mind...

Anyway I already heard about treatment with botox, but they talked about a regrowth just in a woman after a chemiotherapic treatment.
In that case hair should grow by themselves without any stimulation.

That's why it's very interesting to hear about new experiences of guys who just have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Hope to receive news from you soon! :)

Preston

Reaction score
Ok , so the appointment is monday .
I really hope this is going to help , if it could just get rid of the tension and remaining pain I have it would be worth it .

xxenergyxx : my doctor is "just" a aesthetic doctor , he practices botox injections and other things. Any doctor that has a lot of experience in this like mine can do it if he's willing to , plus I live in Belgium and most of you guys here live in the US or UK

I know one clinical study isn't much and this could be just a waste of money but I want to try this , and as far it's safe for me it's ok .

Preston

Reaction score
It's done !

100 units in various places in the scalp , the injections are slightly painfull and also a little bit afterwards , for a few hours , nothing to worry about .

Well the product needs a few days be fully effective ( I've even read up to 2 weeks ) .
But I can already tell that when I pass my hand on my scalp , the pain I had at the root of the hairs is almost GONE §§§§§§§

Just for that it was worth it , now I'll just have to be patient , but I'm confident ,
don't really know why but I am . And it's good to feel this way after loosing half of my hair in 8 months .

Preston

Reaction score
Thanks , I live in Belgium , it costed me 350 euros wich is around 450 $
But as I said any doctor with some experience in this can do it , the problem is the price and the fact that the efficiency is not proven , after all there's only been one study wich details aren't even published yet . They use it for alopecia areata although the problem is different there might be some common factors .
I thinkI'm shedding less hair , every time I comb I do it over the sink and it seems to me that there are less hair falling now .
Anyway I don't want to get my hopes too high for the moment in case it doesn't work , time will tell I guess .

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
This is genuinely one of the most interesting threads on this forum. After been on here for 2 years i can say I am actually excited to see how it turns out for you. I havent heard much about the cencept.

Pictures would also be a great addition aswell, but none the less, keep us updated and best of luck.

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the supossed action mechanism of botox in hair loss?

Sebum reduction because nerves are inactive in erector muscle?

TIA
Armando

linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0190962204005560
cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13920016

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through the dude's post history. It didn't work for him. He eventually gave up treatment.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through the dude's post history. It didn't work for him. He eventually gave up treatment.

Well , that's it . I have decided I will stop treating my hairloss .

After numerous health problems and when I thought I could finally be happy , I moved from my parents house and started studying again after several years of suffering .
I was extatic , but it didn't last long when I saw pieces of myself falling away by hundreds every day , hairs .
Af first I couldn't believe what I was seeing , went to a derm and asked what was going on . Of course when he told me I had alopecia I could not believe it , after everything I had to endure this wasn't possible .
This ruined my life for an entire year , as I screwed my university 1st year and made very few friends in this new city .
A few months after I saw the derm I decided to try finasteride and minoxidil , it slowed down the hairloss but the improvement was far from drastic .

1.5 year later I had to quit finasteride because of side effects .
Minoxidil is causing big dark "circles" under the eyes so I can't even continue that .

This all thing has sucked so much energy from me , it's terrible .
I had real hopes about halting the hairloss and seeing some improvement , I spent hours reading testimonials , websites and publications ... for nothing .

I'm going the hair system route now , I hope it will go well and that those things aren't too detectable .

It's going to take a lot of time for me to recover from all this , if I ever do ...

Damn I cried hard writing this .

even finasteride and minoxidil didnt work for him. sad sh*t man

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y
even finasteride and minoxidil didnt work for him. sad sh*t man
The medications were effective, but the poor guy got side effects. RIP Preston. You lost but you fought well. You made that Norwood reaper bastard work his *** off for every follicle.