Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have tried finasteride and minoxidil on me but none of them work, i have been losing my hair since a very young age so its not surprised if dht is not causing my hair loss but something else i did a blood test, everything is good, but how do you know if there is nothing else?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have tried finasteride and minoxidil on me but none of them work, i have been losing my hair since a very young age so its not surprised if dht is not causing my hair loss but something else i did a blood test, everything is good, but how do you know if there is nothing else?
If you have scalp inflammation it may be something related to that, but 99% of the time it’s male pattern baldness. Aggressive balders might require topical anti androgens

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do see a pattern. I have been RU at a high dose since September. I do think Thyroid is the f*****g disaster, it started the loss and has never stabilized. Levels stay in range but got woe when they added T3. I am not a body builder. I just want to be healthy and keep my hair.

I’m on daily:
125mcg Tirosent
10mg generic Cytomel

I have been afraid to switch to natural as I fear another shed associated with a medication change.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do see a pattern. I have been RU at a high dose since September. I do think Thyroid is the f*****g disaster, it started the loss and has never stabilized. Levels stay in range but got woe when they added T3. I am not a body builder. I just want to be healthy and keep my hair.

I’m on daily:
125mcg Tirosent
10mg generic Cytomel

I have been afraid to switch to natural as I fear another shed associated with a medication change.

10mg of cytomel may be too much.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Levels are in range slightly towards top range. Hairloss got much worse once they added the Cytomel. Ferritin was raised but not enough.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Levels are in range slightly towards top range. Hairloss got much worse once they added the Cytomel. Ferritin was raised but not enough.
Do you need those thyroid meds for the hair loss? Or just general health? I’ve been thinking if you can quit them for a bit and ride the shed you might see an improvement in your daily shed

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did stop them at one point for 8 months, shed continued and the levels went hypo and a nodule was found on the gland. My hope is to at least offset the shedding with growth but the shed is overwhelming any positive I might get from these AA’s.

drugs that cause hairloss:

Thyroid medication check
Antibiotics check (
Androgen (HCG) check
Retinoids (topical) check
Accutane in 20 check
low ferritin check

Jtk11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did stop them at one point for 8 months, shed continued and the levels went hypo and a nodule was found on the gland. My hope is to at least offset the shedding with growth but the shed is overwhelming any positive I might get from these AA’s.

Thyroid medication check
Antibiotics check (
Androgen (HCG) check
Accutane in 20 check
low ferritin check
I heard of people having allergic reactions to thyroid meds. Something about the colouring in the tablets. Are yours a different colour?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thyroid medication check
Antibiotics check (
Androgen (HCG) check
Accutane in 20 check
low ferritin check
Tretinoin/ Retin-A topical
Can cause hair loss? How!? I thought only accutane: the oral route caused hair loss which was temporary. I took accutane when I was 19
And lost about half of my desity it took about over two years for my hair to grow thick again.

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tretinoin/ Retin-A topical
Can cause hair loss? How!? I thought only accutane: the oral route caused hair loss which was temporary. I took accutane when I was 19
And lost about half of my desity it took about over two years for my hair to grow thick again.
By what method do you think accutane caused your hairloss? Do you think it was Telogen Effluvium? Or something else?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By what method do you think accutane caused your hairloss? Do you think it was Telogen Effluvium? Or something else?
Telogen effluvium without doubt. Hair took a sh*t on me right after I finished my second course of accutane, mind you I took a high dose to nuke my acne. I did recover though.. It just took a long time. Kind of feel I’m dealing with it again I just don’t know what triggered it this time. I may have had covid back in august as i experienced mild symptoms like phlegm dry cough and mild fever. But I doubt covid could cause Telogen Effluvium

Last edited:

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to shed these miniaturized strands of short hair ? I noticed some when I first realized I was shedding back in January, not many though.
I've read that if you went through T.E you'll end up shedding short hairs. Not sure if they are supposed to be < 5cm.

https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/Telogen Effluvium-analogy

Can't say if this is a reliable source as well.