Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perfect teeth never had a cavity. Again, I’m just looking for answers.

3 seems and 3 of the top hair transplant doctors have looked at my head and the answer as been ‘idiopathic Telogen Effluvium’ with early onset AA. They all say the AA is mild but the shedding abnormal. I’m no longer losing Telogen hairs though. I know guys have it far worse in here, I’m just trying to stabilize and stop risky meds if they aren’t needed.

I am still concerned this starts and ends with Thyroid medication. Though I stopped for 6 months and the shedding continued. If this was normal male pattern baldness I’d keep grinding on Finasteride hope for the best for a few years, but 10 months in and she is only getting worse.
There is no way it can be male pattern baldness. You had such great hair with juvenile hairline for the most part of your life. You are in the minority of men not susceptible to male pattern baldness. Almost all men slightly recede in their teens or early twenties and only 2-5% don't. Male pattern baldness always start with temporal recession. Only in female pattern baldness hairline stays intact. Having a juvenile hairline means that you have hair as much as young woman does and you lost none of your hair, and since nearly all men have received at least very mildly by time they are 20(25 max) and you are already 30, 35... and nothing happens, means that you are not susceptible to androgenetic alopecia. You have genetic protection against increased scalp DHT causing fibrosis, or send no or too little DHT to the inflamed areas, affected by the tissue tension caused by the chronic contractions of the muscles surrounding the top of your scalp.
No man can get female pattern hair loss unless he has abnormally low levels of testosterone like a female and low levels of estrogen like a post-menopausal woman at the same time. Or no man can have female pattern hair loss, unless he has small head, as a woman's head, his balls are chopped of or under chemicals castration. Women have smaller heads, much less muscle mass and scalp tension is applied differently and in different areas. All men, black, white, asian bald in the male pattern. The tension is highest in the temples and vertex and most DHT builds up in there and these areas go bald first. Tissue tension evokes inflammation. DHT builds up as a response to inflammation but a low testosterone: estrogen ratios in men and estrogen: testoterone in women is required for this DHT to cause fibrosis. That's why most women don't develop FPHL until menopause and most men develop advanced hair loss when they are older. But they lose their juvenile hairline when they are younger first. This mild recession is what the testoterone: estradiol ration in young men allows and this recession continues as a man get older and testosterone levels drop. If you have no recession at all - you are not susceptible to this process.
Your scalp on the photos looks smooth and healthy. You don't have that shiny, hard scalp, people with pattern hair loss have. You don't have fibrosis.
If you have juvenile hairline and hair loss finasteride would do nothing for you. It works only for people with hereditary hair loss. Since you are not susceptible to genetic hair loss, the reason for your hair loss is different.
Do you have stressful lifestyle. Your hair loss might be chronic telogen effluvium due to stress. Relieving stress might be a good idea for you. With relaxation...

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no way it can be male pattern baldness. You had such great hair with juvenile hairline for the most part of your life. You are in the minority of men not susceptible to male pattern baldness. Almost all men slightly recede in their teens or early twenties and only 2-5% don't. Male pattern baldness always start with temporal recession. Only in female pattern baldness hairline stays intact. Having a juvenile hairline means that you have hair as much as young woman does and you lost none of your hair, and since nearly all men have received at least very mildly by time they are 20(25 max) and you are already 30, 35... and nothing happens, means that you are not susceptible to androgenetic alopecia. You have genetic protection against increased scalp DHT causing fibrosis, or send no or too little DHT to the inflamed areas, affected by the tissue tension caused by the chronic contractions of the muscles surrounding the top of your scalp.
No man can get female pattern hair loss unless he has abnormally low levels of testosterone like a female and low levels of estrogen like a post-menopausal woman at the same time. Or no man can have female pattern hair loss, unless he has small head, as a woman's head, his balls are chopped of or under chemicals castration. Women have smaller heads, much less muscle mass and scalp tension is applied differently and in different areas. All men, black, white, asian bald in the male pattern. The tension is highest in the temples and vertex and most DHT builds up in there and these areas go bald first. Tissue tension evokes inflammation. DHT builds up as a response to inflammation but a low testosterone: estrogen ratios in men and estrogen: testoterone in women is required for this DHT to cause fibrosis. That's why most women don't develop FPHL until menopause and most men develop advanced hair loss when they are older. But they lose their juvenile hairline when they are younger first. This mild recession is what the testoterone: estradiol ration in young men allows and this recession continues as a man get older and testosterone levels drop. If you have no recession at all - you are not susceptible to this process.
Your scalp on the photos looks smooth and healthy. You don't have that shiny, hard scalp, people with pattern hair loss have. You don't have fibrosis.
If you have juvenile hairline and hair loss finasteride would do nothing for you. It works only for people with hereditary hair loss. Since you are not susceptible to genetic hair loss, the reason for your hair loss is different.
Do you have stressful lifestyle. Your hair loss might be chronic telogen effluvium due to stress. Relieving stress might be a good idea for you. With relaxation...
thank you professor, excellent observation

I have the female pattern hairloss with the thinning down the middle and receding temples as well

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you professor, excellent observation

I have the female pattern hairloss with the thinning down the middle and receding temples as well
If you have receding temples, then it's a male pattern hair loss.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Mitko1 appreciate the thoughtful overview.

I think aspects of this are relevant and my assumption is there is some blend of CTE and male pattern baldness.

Meaning there is loss overall and thinning but undeniably more so in some patter related areas. Could be age related but vastly accelerated by the constant shed.

There is diffuse miniaturization. Hairline is still juvenile but some increased thinning in the temples.

Hair quality has changed significantly.

Scalp is pristine. Itching minimal. Thyroid kicked off unstable changes to T and E ratios.

These reasons have led me to try and continue Finasteride though the outcomes are unfortunately unchanged.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Mitko1 appreciate the thoughtful overview.

I think aspects of this are relevant and my assumption is there is some blend of CTE and male pattern baldness.

Meaning there is loss overall and thinning but undeniably more so in some patter related areas. Could be age related but vastly accelerated by the constant shed.

There is diffuse miniaturization. Hairline is still juvenile but some increased thinning in the temples.

Hair quality has changed significantly.

Scalp is pristine. Itching minimal. Thyroid kicked off unstable changes to T and E ratios.

These reasons have led me to try and continue Finasteride though the outcomes are unfortunately unchanged.
I am too young to know how age-related thinnig occurs, but I think it is just hair-texture changing - becoming thinner and hair growing at a slower rate. Not increased shedding. i dont think losing 200-500 hairs is not normal at any age. My grandfather get only 2 - 4 white hairs when he brushes his hair. He also had incresibly thick hair with Norwood 0 when he was young. But he didn't thin drasically like you. In old pictures when he is in his 40s still has your incredible thickness. He just experience what is called involutional alopecia - hair appear slowly thinner over time because of age. Like skin is aging. hair is aging too. Yours is chronic telogen efluvium due to streess or the thyroid medications. You need to check your vitamins and hormone levels. You migh be very low on iron, zinc, vitamin D or something else important for hair growth. You can try something to support your thyroid, like iodine supplements.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea but my world is hair everywhere all of the time and gutted density. This is two days just brushing enough for a thin sad man bun...

Attachments

• 50E8BF47-5C0B-419A-8909-51632BE3BBCA.jpeg
    50E8BF47-5C0B-419A-8909-51632BE3BBCA.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 420

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weekly wash. Another nightmare. Feels like with minimal effort I could yank every hair all over the head out. Density under 50% and visible. 600 ish hairs. I can still fake it with some product and a few of the longer hairline hairs. Need to stop this Telogen Effluvium. Thinner on top center back. Safe zone thicker but shedding and seems like some miniaturization there.

Attachments

• 6D110B35-872F-4673-9B3E-DFA514B4AFED.jpeg
    6D110B35-872F-4673-9B3E-DFA514B4AFED.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 0D370E6A-8CC0-4EDA-8963-0680ED50ADD2.jpeg
    0D370E6A-8CC0-4EDA-8963-0680ED50ADD2.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 640
  • 4EE92201-8136-4E91-AD40-1124DCDCAE34.jpeg
    4EE92201-8136-4E91-AD40-1124DCDCAE34.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 694
  • 820643B1-8C4C-4342-A1DC-BCEB245A5D77.jpeg
    820643B1-8C4C-4342-A1DC-BCEB245A5D77.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 731

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i totally fell your pain. Im shedding up to 300 hair a day. I could easily pull every god damn hair out. Im only shedding terminal hair btw.
I know it doesn't help you to hear it, but your hair looks still really good. Tbh that's what people told me 6 month ago. Now i cant really hide my bald spots anymore. There are so many people on this and other forum, but i feel you are the only one who is shedding crazy, without any pattern, like me.

If i could go back a year, i would prob. just buzz my hair. No one would've reconned that i was balding. I could slowly adapt. Now unfortunately its too late.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weekly wash. Another nightmare. Feels like with minimal effort I could yank every hair all over the head out. Density under 50% and visible. 600 ish hairs. I can still fake it with some product and a few of the longer hairline hairs. Need to stop this Telogen Effluvium. Thinner on top center back. Safe zone thicker but shedding and seems like some miniaturization there.

Rosemary oil
Castor oil
Scalp massage brush
Apple cider vinegar
Wine vinegar
Opinion juice
Drinking a lot of water
Improving nutrition
Relieving stress
You said that you need advice. This is what I can advise you. You are aging pretty well. I can't believe you are 42. You don't have a single gray hair. My dad already had grey hairs at that age.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
In your last photo, your hair looks perfect. You are in great shape and could pass for a guy in your 20's or 30's in that photo. Your genetics are unicorn tier. I wish I had the discipline to eat healthy like you do.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @DoctorHouse I appreciate it, I just need to figure this out. I mean I’ve been on here for a few years. I’ve seen 5 of the top 10 doctors in the US and no answers to the speed or thinning. Dreading the breaking point where I can’t fake it.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see a lot of diffuse miniaturization and T has gone back up. DHT still low. I don’t know if I should stop everything or double down and add RU with topical Finasteride for six months.

I’m currently on:

4-6ml topical Finasteride .50 Daily
Oral Minoxidil 2.5 daily
Peptides serum
Biotin
Viviscal Pro
May add RU or CB?

Nothing has slowed this down. Thinning seemed to increase and take more of a pattern after starting Finasteride in October.

Stuff that could be hurting my cause:

HCG 50 MWF (started after Finasteride sides) I know this is hurting hair but after Finasteride my levels were all over the place and estrodial went way up. ED is not an option.
Alchemy AI 1 daily

Can’t hide it in the sun anymore

Attachments

• F672FDB0-4582-45F8-BB0C-9D925FB66C59.jpeg
    F672FDB0-4582-45F8-BB0C-9D925FB66C59.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 506
  • 276C7B58-D11E-4DA0-8F12-D48F3DA052AC.png
    276C7B58-D11E-4DA0-8F12-D48F3DA052AC.png
    664.7 KB · Views: 580
  • DA2C3CDF-A48B-44D0-893F-57ACB2B265DF.jpeg
    DA2C3CDF-A48B-44D0-893F-57ACB2B265DF.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see a lot of diffuse miniaturization and T has gone back up. DHT still low. I don’t know if I should stop everything or double down and add RU with topical Finasteride for six months.

I’m currently on:

4-6ml topical Finasteride .50 Daily
Oral Minoxidil 2.5 daily
Peptides serum
Biotin
Viviscal Pro
May add RU or CB?

Nothing has slowed this down. Thinning seemed to increase and take more of a pattern after starting Finasteride in October.

Stuff that could be hurting my cause:

HCG 50 MWF (started after Finasteride sides) I know this is hurting hair but after Finasteride my levels were all over the place and estrodial went way up. ED is not an option.
Alchemy AI 1 daily
You should get your vitamins tested. You might suffer nutritional deficiency or something else hormonal. Or your body might be intoxicated and you don't know.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that I still have hair but this type of loss is brutal for anyone. Even if I knew it would all grow back this would be painful.

A pattern is emerging. Back and sides miniaturizing.

Attachments

• BE5FAD35-D701-4D6E-9186-886614BA1251.jpeg
    BE5FAD35-D701-4D6E-9186-886614BA1251.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 319

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. My density is taking a huge hit daily.

My hair is different texture and quality. I can’t tell if the Finasteride is doing any at all.

Is the length of my hair a problem? With a loose bun in the back I can fake some density but I think it’s accelerating the hairloss because of the tension. Derm said those hair are probably already gone. But in wash I get clumps of 8-10 same length.

My fear is a cut shows the really thinning and I give up the chance to fake it a bit longer with hope that anything might work.

Please keep in mind that two years ago I had crazy dense long black hair. I know for many this is still a great situation. But it’s happening so fast with zero slow down.

Attachments

• 2E735489-8065-4677-8FBB-881C4542E59B.jpeg
    2E735489-8065-4677-8FBB-881C4542E59B.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 521
  • E9772F32-F53B-4449-ABBF-4382B8EA5DCB.jpeg
    E9772F32-F53B-4449-ABBF-4382B8EA5DCB.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 546

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I don’t think it’s happening fast. Your hair honestly looks the same if not better from
What I remember. We are in the same boat. Except you’re a nw1
Thanks for the feedback. It’s a strange one. Might be the constant shed that makes it feel worse. Don’t underestimate how bad loss of density can get even with a solid hairline. At my age a dense Norwood would look and feel better than a NW1 diffuse in NW6 pattern

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I haven’t washed my hair in 2 weeks. Ton of dry shampoo and thickeners in. Zero scalp itch. Losing a lot more small hairs.

Considering adding RU to 60 ml of topical Finasteride though nothing is working. My Testosterone is now off the charts for my age (1200+) massive daily shedding. Any thoughts?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I haven’t washed my hair in 2 weeks. Ton of dry shampoo and thickeners in. Zero scalp itch. Losing a lot more small hairs.

Considering adding RU to 60 ml of topical Finasteride though nothing is working. My Testosterone is now off the charts for my age (1200+) massive daily shedding. Any thoughts?

Looks like you are not prone to male pattern baldness but the excessive testosterone is hurting your hairs. I would pain attention to your thyroid. Hyperthyroidism leads to an increase of 6-10x of testosterone and dht levels. Maybe you are taking too much thyroid medication and this leads to an hyperthyroidism.