Glueless Hair System! Anyone Know Of Any Good ?

ross hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve got no idea how it works? That’s why I’m asking ?

Attachments

• 81A514A5-CCB2-4C38-B856-20C4B81226F4.png
    81A514A5-CCB2-4C38-B856-20C4B81226F4.png
    301 KB · Views: 235

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its got to be pre glued, if you can get a phone number I will call

ross hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the number

Attachments

• 24E157C4-291F-4307-BDA3-8B82805A96FC.png
    24E157C4-291F-4307-BDA3-8B82805A96FC.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 200

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible to have a glueless hair system if they use similar ingredients as Nano Tape on the base. Nano tape is washable, easy to remove. no residue, stronghold and can be re-usable over and over again. I love using Nano tape for everything but I won't use that on my scalp.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://hphcorp.com/product/prodigy/

I'd be curious. The instructions State to use their scalp Protector first. Scalp protectors do work as a light adhesive.

Skeptical as it cannot be a stronghold and easy to remove without solvent. Has to be one or the other.
I have not called yet but going by the photo it looks like a real thick skin system, I'm sure it just goes on like a cap wig

Noah

Reaction score
I spoke to a guy a while back who had one of these. They work by suction. The base is very close-fitting and made of latex, which has a slightly sticky texture. The idea is that you apply it, squeeze out all the air, and it sticks like a contact lens. I think that idea works, as far as it goes. But the base is quite thick by comparison with a lace or thinskin piece, so the hairline is not that good, and the manufacturing process is labour intensive and has to be done where the customer is, so it's expensive. Here is a video of one showing the manufacturing process:

To me it seems clever but a bit gimmicky - fixing a problem that doesn't really exist, for me at least. Also, I would be a bit nervous about wearing a piece that was just attached by suction. It won't blow off, but if someone grabbed it the right way it would peel right off. But I guess if you are allergic to glue and tape, you want a high density look with a covered hairline, and you have money to spend, it might be worth investigating. The guy I talked to was planning to switch to a conventional lace hairpiece.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I spoke to a guy a while back who had one of these. They work by suction. The base is very close-fitting and made of latex, which has a slightly sticky texture. The idea is that you apply it, squeeze out all the air, and it sticks like a contact lens. I think that idea works, as far as it goes. But the base is quite thick by comparison with a lace or thinskin piece, so the hairline is not that good, and the manufacturing process is labour intensive and has to be done where the customer is, so it's expensive. Here is a video of one showing the manufacturing process:

To me it seems clever but a bit gimmicky - fixing a problem that doesn't really exist, for me at least. Also, I would be a bit nervous about wearing a piece that was just attached by suction. It won't blow off, but if someone grabbed it the right way it would peel right off. But I guess if you are allergic to glue and tape, you want a high density look with a covered hairline, and you have money to spend, it might be worth investigating. The guy I talked to was planning to switch to a conventional lace hairpiece.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd be interested, but if it's not good for an expose hairline, then it's a no-go....

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, I'm sure if you have a full poly piece, one that isn't UTS & one that is 8x10, you could have that baby suction right on. Not the best hold, but it'd do for most activities. Throw some Got2b in it and you'd be decent.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

I would like to ask something:
how long can I put my hair base in isotropyl alchol 99.1% ?
won't the hair be bad?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all!

I would like to ask something:
how long can I put my hair base in isotropyl alchol 99.1% ?
won't the hair be bad?

I soak for 15 minutes. You don't need more than that.

Just make sure you use conditioner, and you will be fine.

S.

Reactions: rme