Glue, Tape Recommendations. Why Is Nothing Holding?!

PaulMac

Reaction score
So I got a system a few weeks ago and it is pretty perfect - the density, colour, texture and even the hairline!

The problem is, even though I shave my hair underneath to a 0 before cleaning with alcohol, clean the system well (not using lace release btw), put on plenty of adhesive in the right places no product sticks for more than 3 days.
I've tried both Walker no shine and Ghostbond. I love the look of glue at the front since my hairline is exposed but it needs touched up frequently and my crown will start to flap up almost entirely with both these products. I don't sweat a lot, work out or touch my hair a lot.

Can anyone recommend products that might resolve this? My scalp can't it being off this frequently!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Paul

Sorry to hear you are having these issues (although it's great that your piece is a good result in other respects). Adhesive just seems to be a very personal thing, and you may just have to try a few kinds before you get the one that is right for you. Davlyn Black glue is my favourite for the hairline, and ORWG (oil resistant white glue) and Ultrahold are 2 other brands that get good reviews from wearers.

Aside from that, I have 3 other suggestions:

- if the problem persists, you could try using scalp protector on your scalp on the areas where you put your adhesive. It is a clear liquid which dries to form an invisible barrier between your scalp and the adhesive. It gives a good surface for the adhesive to stick to, and prevents your body oils interfering with the bond.

- for the hairline, I find it helps to run a line of tape parallel to the hairline but about three-quarters of an inch behind it. It is invisible there, but it just takes a bit of the strain off the hairline glue, so it is less likely to fail.

- if all else fails you could try going the other way, and using strong hairgel such as Got2BGlued as an adhesive. You will only get a few days hold from it, but it is effortless to apply and it just washes out in the shower, so there is very little hassle factor.

Hope some of these ideas help. Good luck in finding a solution, and enjoy your new hair.

Noah