Glue or tape to attach hair system

ARK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the world of hair systems. I have been using a poly system that is attached with ultrabond and super tape. I am now getting my first fully lace system and would like your advice please.

Can I attach the lace system with just glue and not use any tape?

I have been told that the advantage of this is that the system is less detectable. However, my concern is that the glue will seep through the lace and into the hair. Thoughts?

Or is this dependent on the type of glue used e.g. a stronger glue like ultrahold will probably seep through but not a lighter one? Please note that I am based in a hot climate, so sweat and heat are an issue. I also have an oily scalp. At the moment, I need to clean and reattach the system every 3 weeks.

If just glue is possible, any suggestions on which ones to use given my circumstances?

Really appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks in advance.

Noah

Reaction score
Glue is somewhat more undetectable to the sight than tape, especially on an all-lace piece, although it's probably only worth the additional effort if you are exposing your hairline. Glue is (or at least can be) also undetectable to the touch, which is important if you are dating, and being intimate with people who you don't want to know you wear.

Glue seeping into the lace is a problem. The solution is to put glue on your scalp only (never on the base), and to leave it till it is dry and just slightly tacky before applying the hairpiece - usually about 10 minutes or so, although you can speed it up with a hairdryer. You will also want to take your piece off again and re-do it before the glue breaks down. Everyone's body chemistry is different, but I would suggest 3 weeks is too long to leave it. You should be aiming for about a week or ten days.

Noah

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the Got2b Glued attachment method? If you are worried about being inexperienced with glues, it can be good for practice, because if you mess up, it is a easy to clean off. That, and it can have a terrific hold. Of course like all adhesives it is kind of a crap shoot and may or may not give you a good hold.
I have just started wearing and I started off using Got2b Glued and I have been able to get a week or more of solid hold, so it is definitely working for me.
I just take a glob of Got2b Spiking Glue, spray some Freezing Spray on that. Mix it around, and use your finger(well, that's what I use) to spread it all over on your scalp. Like regular glue, you should wait a few minutes until it is kind of tacky, and then put your piece on. Worth a try.

ARK

Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful replies guys.

Will see how this new glue works out, but will probably order ORWG as well to try it out. My hairstyle (coif with hair line showing) ends up in me essentially pulling the system off, so that works against me as well.

Haven't tried Got2b glue VH. Will look into it, thanks. One issue I have is accessibility to such products since I am in India. I could import them, but its a challenge to find a shipper to India and then, at times, the shipping costs twice as much as the product ha.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
"really effective" "laser hair treatment" ??

I have never seen anyone who has had any "really effective" stopping or regrowth of hair loss from laser treatments. Never even heard of any positive laser hairloss treatments, except maybe from laser comb or laser treatment companies.

I do agree with you on the medications though. While it's true not "everyone" has side effects from them, there are enough incidents to warrant serious caution using them. I remember when I was trying Minoxidil long ago and had some weird dizzy spells from it. That was the end of any hairloss drug experimentation for me. Not worth it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're talking about. You're not using tape or glue? What are the effects of tape or glue on the scalp?

Melange

Reaction score
Does the glue damage existing hairs?

Glue is somewhat more undetectable to the sight than tape, especially on an all-lace piece, although it's probably only worth the additional effort if you are exposing your hairline. Glue is (or at least can be) also undetectable to the touch, which is important if you are dating, and being intimate with people who you don't want to know you wear.

Glue seeping into the lace is a problem. The solution is to put glue on your scalp only (never on the base), and to leave it till it is dry and just slightly tacky before applying the hairpiece - usually about 10 minutes or so, although you can speed it up with a hairdryer. You will also want to take your piece off again and re-do it before the glue breaks down. Everyone's body chemistry is different, but I would suggest 3 weeks is too long to leave it. You should be aiming for about a week or ten days.

Noah[/QUOTE

Does the glue damage existing follicles that are under the system?

Noah

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to. I still have a patch of frontal hair growing under my piece after years of wearing.