Giving up on treating hairloss

albionlad

Reaction score
I had a quick look at the picture, you have really nice hair.

If you feel that finasteride is giving you these sides, perhaps try a month or two without and see how you get on.

Did you even need finasteride in the first place? As in, was it prescribed by a professional?

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked for finasteride, and the doctor prescribed it to me. Yes, I am receding. I am combing my hair to the left to cover the empty left corner and left temple. If my right side goes then it will be impossible to hide my receding hairline.

Since stopping finasteride nearly 2 weeks ago my orgasms are intense and amazing, and I have sex regularly again. However, one odd problem is that I have borderline personality disorder which causes disassociation, narcissism, self-sabotaging, and since taking finasteride I have been able to rationally control my emotions, which was a life first, but now that my testosterone is increasing again I can feel myself going out of control emotionally. I have consistent thoughts that my girlfriend is cheating on me or planning to break up with me, and that I need to cheat on her to protect my ego and self-worth from harm, even though I know this is all in my head. (It has ruined my past relationships this way)

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are a list of my symptoms, and you tell me if you think it's worth continuing the medication:

- Shedding
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Smaller penis, softer penis
- Less energy during sex
- Weight gain
- Breast growth
- Depression
- Anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Fatigue
- Unsatisfying orgasms
- Acne
- Acne around hairline
- Itchy scalp
- Increased rate of thinning/receding
- Generally reduced quality of life

I have been experiencing itchy inflamed scalp since starting finasteride. What kind of itch did you experience on finasteride and has it subsided after stopping finasteride?

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Small, red, rough bumps all around hairline and itchy scalp causing increased rate of hairloss. Stopping finasteride has stopped all acne/inflammation/itching and my roots already feel healthier and less inflamed.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small, red, rough bumps all around hairline and itchy scalp causing increased rate of hairloss. Stopping finasteride has stopped all acne/inflammation/itching and my roots already feel healthier and less inflamed.

How long did it take to see inflammation lessening after you stopped Finasteride?

chamakh

Reaction score
"stupidest thing you could do to yourself as a man, and as a human being"

:dunno:

"I have borderline personality disorder which causes disassociation, narcissism, self-sabotaging, and since taking finasteride I have been able to rationally control my emotions"

this is the root of the majority of your symptoms listed earlier imo, not your hairloss treatment. maybe finasteride lessened the severity of the disorder, maybe it didn't.

before: you had x symptoms; during: y symptoms appear, x symptoms seem to go down; after: x symptoms re-appear, y go down.
it's irrational to think that x and y are unrelated.

have you ever tried meditation?

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to see inflammation lessening after you stopped Finasteride?
About 3 to 5 days for a major reduction. About 10 days for a full recovery.

have you ever tried meditation?
No medication exists for the disorder, which is interesting that finasteride did anything. I've done some research, and studies have been done showing a correlation between testosterone and BPD symptoms, though at what cost? Live happily bald with a mental disorder, or live depressed, flaccid and beautiful?

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
smaller penis, suicidal thoughts, generally reduced quality of life. 3 more additions into the self imposed side effects of Finasteride. Not far is the day when stuff like Parkinsons, Ebola, AIDS will also get added to that list on this forum.

Go live your life man. Go bald with full 'confidence' and your girlfriend by your side. I'll see you again on this forum in 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a list of my symptoms, and you tell me if you think it's worth continuing the medication:

- Shedding
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Smaller penis, softer penis
- Less energy during sex
- Weight gain
- Breast growth
- Depression
- Anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Fatigue
- Unsatisfying orgasms
- Acne
- Acne around hairline
- Itchy scalp
- Increased rate of thinning/receding
- Generally reduced quality of life

Now tell me if you think this is really worth a bit of hair? Most girls I have talked to over the age of 25 find an insecurity about your hair is more unattractive than not having any. "Hair is nice", but living with hairloss with confidence is much more attractive than hair ever could be. I've decided to try some other topical treatments to extend the life of my hair, but I have accepted that I will ultimately be bald. The relief of this acceptance has already greatly increased the quality of my life, and reminds me that there is much more to life than getting laid and what other people think of you. So many men have psychological distress from hairloss, and they believe the solution is to stop hairloss, when in reality hairloss really cannot be stopped without some amount of sacrifice to your mental or physical health. The real solution to this problem is accepting who you are as a human being and finding other avenues to which you could improve yourself as a person.

To digress, and a question that is on the top of my mind, how much value to you put on yourself as a person if you truly believe that simply not having hair would have such a ramification on how people perceive you? Truly, do you objectify yourself so much? Do you live believing that no one would love you without hair? Which leads me to another question. If you believe that without hair your spouse would leave you for another man, would you really want to be with that person? And to the women that will not be with you because of your hair, do you really want to be with them? Would you see a future with them? I certainly wouldn't.

those side effects gave me cancer.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
smaller penis, suicidal thoughts, generally reduced quality of life. 3 more additions into the self imposed side effects of Finasteride. Not far is the day when stuff like Parkinsons, Ebola, AIDS will also get added to that list on this forum.

Go live your life man. Go bald with full 'confidence' and your girlfriend by your side. I'll see you again on this forum in 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

those side effects gave me cancer.

Considering testosterone has an affect on male identify, masculinity, and boosts dopamine release, I think there is ample evidence to suggest a reduction of DHT can trigger depression... Not to mention compounded with an inability to be aroused or satisfy yourself sexually. Ergo, what is the point of attracting women if you have no libido to be attracted back? Women can sense a lack of energy, a lack of sexual interest. I've been getting more looks by an improved mood and personality than hair ever could.

A smaller penis can be the result of a reduced quality of erection, due to reduced interest in sex... Though this is usually not permanent unless you continue to use the drug with side effects for a prolonged time, causing penile atrophy, or possibly even fibrosis. My erections were reduced in girth more than length.

On a side note, it has been nearly 4 weeks since stopping propecia 1mg daily and my libido is finally starting to stabilize. My mood has begun to improve, and my penis is starting to function normally again, including increased size. Though I'm still not 100%, I am hopeful that I didn't ruin my entire life because of this drug. My favourite part is being able to masturbate again... On the worse days of propecia I would have to stop myself from masturbating, as I would only be able to get a full erection once every 3 days. Masturbating would guarantee I would not be able to have sex with my girlfriend. Now I can masturbate (and the orgasms have greatly improved), and still have sex in a couple of hours.

I am considering a hair transplant instead, though the costs are astronomical for such a superficial surgery. AT LEAST the results are permanent, and not the result of a consistent and frequent topical application or drug. I am debating between spending money on something useful, such as laser eye surgery, and something relatively minor like my appearance. I'm having a hard time deciding whether having thin hair on my head is really all that much better than having no hair at all. I want a full, thick head of hair like I used to. That or bust. Though I have heard that turkey has excellent hair transplant procedures for relatively little money... and I could use a vacation.

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering testosterone has an affect on male identify, masculinity, and boosts dopamine release, I think there is ample evidence to suggest a reduction of DHT can trigger depression... Not to mention compounded with an inability to be aroused or satisfy yourself sexually. Ergo, what is the point of attracting women if you have no libido to be attracted back? Women can sense a lack of energy, a lack of sexual interest. I've been getting more looks by an improved mood and personality than hair ever could.

A smaller penis can be the result of a reduced quality of erection, due to reduced interest in sex... Though this is usually not permanent unless you continue to use the drug with side effects for a prolonged time, causing penile atrophy, or possibly even fibrosis. My erections were reduced in girth more than length.

On a side note, it has been nearly 4 weeks since stopping propecia 1mg daily and my libido is finally starting to stabilize. My mood has begun to improve, and my penis is starting to function normally again, including increased size. Though I'm still not 100%, I am hopeful that I didn't ruin my entire life because of this drug. My favourite part is being able to masturbate again... On the worse days of propecia I would have to stop myself from masturbating, as I would only be able to get a full erection once every 3 days. Masturbating would guarantee I would not be able to have sex with my girlfriend. Now I can masturbate (and the orgasms have greatly improved), and still have sex in a couple of hours.

I am considering a hair transplant instead, though the costs are astronomical for such a superficial surgery. AT LEAST the results are permanent, and not the result of a consistent and frequent topical application or drug. I am debating between spending money on something useful, such as laser eye surgery, and something relatively minor like my appearance. I'm having a hard time deciding whether having thin hair on my head is really all that much better than having no hair at all. I want a full, thick head of hair like I used to. That or bust. Though I have heard that turkey has excellent hair transplant procedures for relatively little money... and I could use a vacation.

Check out fibres first. Didn't you write your 27, which is way too young for hair transplant.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think you need to give up but I could understand delaying or waiting until better things come out in a few years. I would admit options today are more limited than they should be and carry some risk so its understandable decision.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been one month since stopping propecia 1mg daily and today I masturbated 5 times, with intense orgasms, and am still horny for when I go to see my girlfriend in 30 minutes. Gotta say, this is better than hair. Really happy to be feeling myself again. I haven't been this happy in months, and in the shower today I found about 20 hairs without a care in the world.

To others that may be suffering from depression, deminished energy or low libido from propecia, just remember that a smile is more attractive than a hairstyle. Never undermine your happiness for your appearance.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
today I masturbated 5 times, with intense orgasms, and am still horny for when I go to see my girlfriend in 30 minutes.

lolwut

just remember that a smile is more attractive than a hairstyle. Never undermine your happiness for your appearance.

#inB4FredTheBelgian

Seriously though, loving the positivity.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I can safely say that after several weeks of feeling absolutely normal, I am finally physically and psychologically healthy again after the gruelling comedown from the hormonal effects caused by finasteride. It has been a year and a half of suffering.

I should feel outraged by the experience I went through, but today, like many people who suffered from chronic illnesses, am just happy that the nightmare is over.

Do not take finasteride. It is a horrible medication that like many, causes more problems than it solves. Your hormones are an invaluable asset to your physical and psychological health. They are pivotal to your identity as a man, and your place in this existence.

If you're thinking of starting finasteride, don't. The true problem that needs to be solved is within yourself. Stop placing so much value on your physical appearance. Embrace who you are, and learn to love the person within. You are not hair. You are a beautiful and loving human being that deserves to witness and interact with the world with uncompromised integrity.

Don't let yourself become lost. Be bald. Be free. Don't let the standards of others chain you down, or allow their thoughts to control you. You are more than hair.

Ashkan63

Reaction score
After 9 months of propecia-use, I am giving up. I have begun to come to terms with my genetic disorder and have accepted that I have lived all that I need to live with hair and can live out the rest of my life without issues surrounding hairloss. I am turning 27 in a few months, and feel my best years are behind me. I no longer go to the clubs, and I no longer care how women view me.

A big part of this decision has to do with my girlfriend. The past 3 weeks I have had severe sexual problems as a result of propecia, and it has had an effect on my relationship. I believe her happiness and my sexual enjoyment is more important than hair, and no longer see the time and expense put toward other treatments as worthwhile.

After a very emotional conversation, I asked if she really cared if I lost my hair, and she doesn't care. So why would I? Why would I treaten or inhibit my sexual ability, even mildly, threatening the strength of my relationship, because of my own insecurity?

I will miss my hair, and maybe one day they will have the technology to bring it back, but, by then, I will probably not care what I look like, and whatever superfluous expense for the privilege would rather be spent on less trivial things.

So, for the final time, I am signing off. Goodbye, and goodbye hair. The psychological distress you have given me is not worth whatever life I have left to live on this world.
If you have blue eyes and big dick and you gf has no problem with your hair and u wanna drop finastride whick makes you fat and have acne and so on why are u here talking about it?do u need people to encourage u?i dont understand

jamesrav2

Reaction score
"DHT is an absolutely invigorating stimulant to your entire body's well-being."

Yes, and also a stimulant for...prostate hyperplasia and cancer.
Come on, do you have scientific backup for this asertion?

let's start with what is universally agreed upon: reducing DHT levels before the age of 18 will prevent a guy's penis from developing to the same extent it would have otherwise. So with that as a starting point ... do you really think that a few years later, reducing DHT levels to a very low level can possibly have no sexually related effects, at least in some men? DHT wouldn't still be a part of our makeup if it had strictly negative effects, it would have been selected out by now. True, maybe some guys are not sexually 'sensitive' to low DHT levels, just like many guys have no sensitivity at all to DHT with respect to their scalp hair. Lucky them. But I'm finding it hard to believe that 95% of guys on propecia notice no difference in their emotional / physical / sexual persona compared to when they weren't taking it.

And to show how confusing things are, this was big news a few weeks ago.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news..._helps_some_men_with_advanced_prostate_cancer

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And to show how confusing things are, this was big news a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure this is how pfs works.

@Virginityrocks
As you are quite tall, good looking and might be able to grow a beard, I actually don't think that your looks will deteriorate too much.
But there is an easy way to find out: grow a beard and just buzz it, or maybe even shave it and test some reactions for a few months.

If you don't like what you see, you can still go on Ru, low dose finasteride every 3rd day, or something else.

Many guys are quite happy with their bald look, except the guys in this forum. That's why we are here.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
good for u virginityrocks glad your back to normal after finasteride. it is a f*****g awful drug for guys that cant handle it. the problem is the guys that can just dont understand how bad you feel if you go get hit by sides

its not just your libido, its f*****g EVERYTHING ABOUT U THAT CHANGES. mentally, physically, sexually. but like everything in life i guess, you never really appreciate it until its gone. i will never mess with my hormones again.

also i can relate to your disorder. i think i may have some kind of bi polar issues myself and can get into a bit a state emotionally sometimes...really badly lol. but finasteride pretty much stopped this sh*t. i didnt feel anything. which in one way was good, but thats not how you should be living life is it?

im still trying to recovering from this sh*t, but man when i feel my hormones are in balance, f*** me do i feel great.

how is your hair now? are u taking anything else for it? still with the same girl?