Giving Up On Rogaine Foam-moving To Lipogaine

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with Rogaine liquid and it totally KILLED my scalp. Caused uncontrollable itching, burning and dandruff. I had the Minoxidil shed but nothing crazy. I switched to the foam which caused no irritation but right from the start I had a wicked shed and it caused a 'crawling' sensation all over my scalp, even on the sides and back. I would gently pull where I felt the crawling and out came healthy, long strangs with the white bulbs on the bottom. This has been going on for 3 months. This crawling sensation-- and it stops if I don't use the foam for a day or two. My hair seems to be okay despite all the shedding. It just causes this uncomfortable feeling all over my scalp and after 3 months I am tired of it.

I read a lot of rave reviews about Lipogaine and they have the sensitive version without PG so I am going to try this. Does anyone use this/have success? I am hoping it is not all fabricated...

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using it for a couple of months now. I like it. I'm not sold on all the additional ingredients, but as a quick drying minoxidil it is wonderful. Literally dries in minutes and makes your hair look great after. I also love the droppers it comes with--much better than the standard minoxidil droppers you get.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I started with Rogaine liquid and it totally KILLED my scalp. Caused uncontrollable itching, burning and dandruff. I had the Minoxidil shed but nothing crazy. I switched to the foam which caused no irritation but right from the start I had a wicked shed and it caused a 'crawling' sensation all over my scalp, even on the sides and back. I would gently pull where I felt the crawling and out came healthy, long strangs with the white bulbs on the bottom. This has been going on for 3 months. This crawling sensation-- and it stops if I don't use the foam for a day or two. My hair seems to be okay despite all the shedding. It just causes this uncomfortable feeling all over my scalp and after 3 months I am tired of it.

I read a lot of rave reviews about Lipogaine and they have the sensitive version without PG so I am going to try this. Does anyone use this/have success? I am hoping it is not all fabricated...
I use the sensitive version of Lipogaine and I like it because it dries fast. Does not hurt that it has other ingredients in it to help improve your hair quality.

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine foam also makes my scalp itch somewhat, especially following dermarolling...keeps us updated if Lipogaine works better!!

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man all these hair loss products do such weird things to my scalp... rogaine makes my head feel pretty good for an hour and then it’s like my hair is electrified for a little bit after... present all over head including places on the back I never got an male pattern baldness itch like the very bale of my neck.

Cedja

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only tried Lipogaine. I started with their standard minoxidil, but i found it made my scalp really itchy, especially while I was at the gym. I switched to the sensitive version and its been great. I also use their Big 5 shampoo and conditioner. I am curious though, in their ingredients they never mention Minoxidil...just "Proven hair growth stimulator 5%"

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using minoxidil in the morning. I only use it at night now.... 10% from Indian does the trick. I alternate with the 15% from MinoxidilMax.

melsayles

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only tried Lipogaine. I started with their standard minoxidil, but i found it made my scalp really itchy, especially while I was at the gym. I switched to the sensitive version and its been great. I also use their Big 5 shampoo and conditioner. I am curious though, in their ingredients they never mention Minoxidil...just "Proven hair growth stimulator 5%"
It’s in there. If you look on their website it says minoxidil.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

On the back on my bottle it says Minoxidil however it also says that on their site here and there which is odd. I so far am a fan of the Lipogaine (sensitive). No real scalp irritation. It does make my hair feel and look stringy and not great but we can't have it all!!!