Giving Advice To A Girl With Hairloss.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know as a guy I probably shouldn't be posting in the womens forum but I really need female advice on this!
The thing is ther's a girl at work who's hair is thinning on top. She's never really mentioned it much before but the other day I was talking to her about my receding hair and she made some joke about having to get a wig herself in a few years. I wouldn't say she was a vain girl and she's a very happy go lucky character so it's hard to tell if this upsets her or not. However, I don't think ther's many girls suffering from hair loss who wouldn't want to try to do something about it if they could, right?
My problem is, as a friend, I feel like I should be giving her advice but on the other hand I don't want to stick my nose in where it's not wanted. I wouldn't know how to even bring the conversation up again and frankly I don't even know what the main causes of female hair loss are so I wouldn't know what advice to give her either. However, if it was down to something easily rectified such as a food deficiency it would be a crying shame if she did nothing about it.
Sorry to ramble on there but like a lot of guys I'm not great at reading women and this is why I need a female perspective with this rather then male!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know as a guy I probably shouldn't be posting in the womens forum but I really need female advice on this!
The thing is ther's a girl at work who's hair is thinning on top. She's never really mentioned it much before but the other day I was talking to her about my receding hair and she made some joke about having to get a wig herself in a few years. I wouldn't say she was a vain girl and she's a very happy go lucky character so it's hard to tell if this upsets her or not. However, I don't think ther's many girls suffering from hair loss who wouldn't want to try to do something about it if they could, right?
My problem is, as a friend, I feel like I should be giving her advice but on the other hand I don't want to stick my nose in where it's not wanted. I wouldn't know how to even bring the conversation up again and frankly I don't even know what the main causes of female hair loss are so I wouldn't know what advice to give her either. However, if it was down to something easily rectified such as a food deficiency it would be a crying shame if she did nothing about it.
Sorry to ramble on there but like a lot of guys I'm not great at reading women and this is why I need a female perspective with this rather then male!

you can take stock in the almost 100% guaranteed fact that she already knows as much as you about hair loss, if not a WHOLE LOT more. She probably spends hours every night on hair loss forums and researching.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's tough. With a guy friends you can just say, "have you ever tried Rogaine", but with a woman you have to approach it more delicately. If she jokes like that again you can tell her something like, "not necessarily, there are ways for women to thicken their hair now".
you can take stock in the almost 100% guaranteed fact that she already knows as much as you about hair loss, if not a WHOLE LOT more. She probably spends hours every night on hair loss forums and researching.

Yeah, I agree with both of these posts. Like I said my instinct tells me to keep my nose out. Funny how no women want to comment on this though.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with both of these posts. Like I said my instinct tells me to keep my nose out. Funny how no women want to comment on this though.

if you are a close enough friend of her's, take her out for a beer and put all the pressure on yourself. Tell her how you've been using finasteride and minoxidil and are kinda worried about it, or something to open the convo. Just make it light hearted and smile a lot. I am sure she is SUPER sensitive about it. You sound like a good guy to be concerned. If she's cute, take her home and go down on her all night to reassure her of her beauty. ;)

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since she joked about it, I don't think she'd take offense if you said you're aware of treatments that may help women with hair loss and you'd be happy to share them with her if she's interested. I know I'd welcome well-meaning advice from anyone. If she didn't mention her hair loss, then that'd be a different story. I only suggest treatments to women who mention their hair to me. If they don't bring it up, I don't either.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you are a close enough friend of her's, take her out for a beer and put all the pressure on yourself. Tell her how you've been using finasteride and minoxidil and are kinda worried about it, or something to open the convo. Just make it light hearted and smile a lot. I am sure she is SUPER sensitive about it. You sound like a good guy to be concerned. If she's cute, take her home and go down on her all night to reassure her of her beauty. ;)

Ha ha, it's not like that. Were just good friends.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha ha, it's not like that. Were just good friends.

well then, can I go down on her all night? Someone needs to reassure this woman. ;)