Ginsenosides and hair growth.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
We try anything that has some slight chance if success because we have nothing. You're not one to talk, you have only created your account like a month ago, you probably got banned didn't you.

It is true that walker does like to post essays of mainly useless content. But he is at least trying to add to the research.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
We try anything that has some slight chance if success because we have nothing. You're not one to talk, you have only created your account like a month ago, you probably got banned didn't you.

Go figure hey, I'm not only newer than you but I also post a lot more crap and yet I still have a better rep.

Then again, most people just b1tch and complain on this site anyway.

Same old sh1t after the other. Balding ? finasteride. Hair loss cure ? 5 years.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Go figure hey, I'm not only newer than you but I also post a lot more crap and yet I still have a better rep.

Then again, most people just b1tch and complain on this site anyway.

Same old sh1t after the other. Balding ? finasteride. Hair loss cure ? 5 years.
Lol is the rep making you feel like a big man? What a big man you are.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Lol. You fellows ought to review your threads once in a while. I don't mind that you are judging my threads useless. For the record you only insult this forum and all of it's constructive and gracious members who regularly make earnest contributions to it ( and there are many). I feel privileged to be a part of something much bigger than my ego. If my participation continues to unnerve you then you might find it useful to put into practice accordingly, what I do with the majority of your disruptive threads, just skip them.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just how stupid are you guys ? Haven't you learned anything from the past ?

These topics get posted every few months with some bullsh1it ingredient that has very minor anecdotal evidence that it has any effect on male pattern baldness.

Lets all post links and useless studies, break out the derma rollers and do the whole dance all over again. Wow.
The one point you seem to be missing here because you once again only post spam without reading or understanding what has been posted: These findings mean that ginseng is basically a more potent form of saw palmetto, which already confirmedly works. As it would seem, ginsenosides fill the efficacy gap between finasteride and saw palmetto.

Anybody got any idea whether ginsenoside F2 and Rb can only be metabolised via ingestion, or also via topical application?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Well, someone prove me wrong and show some before and after pictures then.

But that will never happen. This will go down in the books along with the other 65+ pages of failure.

K

karankaran

But that will never happen. This will go down in the books along with the other 65+ pages of failure.

No, we do not have a before and after picture for you. Because a) this thread and the original thread in the 'Published Studies' Section is just more than one month old, I do not think anyone has started trying it and even if some of us would have, it takes a minimum of six months to see any result (+ve or neutral). and b) we are still trying to understand this better and share our knowledge about this with each other so that if any one among us chooses to try it, the full potential of these compounds can be exploited.

It is not like it is some sort of a cult! To the contrary, this thread is among the most modest threads in this section.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As karankaran already explained, how should we have before and after pictures when nobody has started treatment yet?

Saw palmetto, whose mode of action is almost identical to but weaker than that of ginsenosides, was proven to work in clinical studies:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Red Korean Ginseng (orally) for thirty days. Didnt experience any dht inhibition sides but didnt see much improvement either, but it was only a month. If I remember correctly, it was 100mg thrice daily. Became a hassle remembering to take it 3x per day but then again so is losing my hair. Going to jump back on it for six months. Gets pricey as well.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey thread opener -
could you summerize all of that thing in to one sentence ? (sorry - reading scientific articles isnt my strong side) -
taking ginseng would be good for hairloss or not ?

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Update - Its been four weeks since I started taking Red Korean Ginseng 400mg. i follow an intermittent fasting eating pattern (fast for 16hrs per day). At the end of my fast I ingest a 400mg capsule. My anxiety levels have increased drastically while on the ginseng. I find myself snapping at people. Has anyone else experienced the same?

nobel victim

Reaction score
sibeiran ginsengs, fo ti & maca

I just wondered if anyone knew what the ginsenoside F2 content of ginseng like substances like say Siberian ginseng (not a true ginseng like American & panax I think) Macca or fo ti / ho shu wu - the last two have some anecdotal merit as hair tonics & are often described as 'adaptogens' and tonics in the manner of the true ginsengs. Any data out there?

Also going back to the first post- if I was going to get a ginseng tincature to use as a topical the obvious choice is the panax / red / Koran ginseg as the ginsenoside F2 is present without the action of my gut?

Best

NV