Ghost Bond Not Holding At All. Help Please.

Noah

Reaction score
I just want to echo what Toobad says about the Chinese counterfeiting industry. I spend a lot of time working in China, and it is a country rampant with corruption from top to bottom. One reliable source (one of the business consultancy firms) estimates that counterfeiting makes up 25 - 30% of the Chinese economy. The local governments are often on the take, and the Triads are often involved. The counterfeiting places don't have to be hidden. I went to one town where the main employer was a factory making fake Calvin Klein underwear. Another place was very publicly manufacturing golf clubs with all the top manufacturers names on them - Titleist, Calloway etc. You could buy a complete set of clubs including the bag for US$80. You can pay eight times that for a single genuine club in Tokyo. And honestly, I'm not much into golf, but I couldn't tell the difference. The guy in the factory told me they had "acquired" the genuine moulds and jigs from Titleist itself. That could be just a yarn, but I wouldn't be wholly surprised. Some of these top brands do their (legitimate) manufacturing in China, and then they mysteriously find extremely high quality fakes on the market - one of their employees has sold their designs or moulds to counterfeiters.

So don't for a minute think they won't take the trouble to get a convincing label printed. This is not like the Nigerian princes hoping to share their frozen bank accounts.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood, but that doesn't Change my point. The transparency labels are a new add-on. That doesn't mean that all of the stock throughout the world of ghostbond is sent back for the label to be added. All of them will carry that label once the old stock runs out.

Respectfully though.....I'm failing to see what the benefit or gain is..... To go against the grain and not buy from a trusted source?

Like I was saying if I'm going to spend the money...say on a Montblanc pen for $1,000. I'm only going to do it at at Mont Blanc Boutique. I'm not going to buy it somewhere where there's even a 1% chance that it's a counterfeit.

Now the chance you're going to get a counterfeit box of Kellogg's Pop-Tarts is probably Nonexistent. But when it comes to luxury items or popular items....They are certainly counterfeited. It's not worth the risk.

Same thing goes for ghostbond. It's quite obviously such a big operation counterfeiting it that prohairlabs is spending money to try to fight it. And they have videos explaining the known counterfeit identifiers, which will surely be corrected by the counterfeiters moving forward. That's how big of a problem is. So why even risk it if it's a chance?

Again, we're talkin about $30. For peace of mind.

Luxury brand such as Louis Vuitton Rolex Montblanc Etc. Spend Millions per year fighting knockoffs in the marketplace. It doesn't mean counterfeit go away. It may reduce them, but it doesn't eliminate them.

It is a factual statement to say that eBay and Amazon are the two largest Us entities that sell counterfeits.

Take some time to look at items on Amazon reviews that have four and five stars. Look at $40- $150 conditioner such as Redken and pureology.

Even with an overall High rating... You will undoubtedly find dozens and dozens of reviews stating the product received does not smell like the same one they bought at the salon. It's watery .. different color ...different consistency. Most alluding to the fact that it was probably a genuine bottle re-filled with inferior non brand products. That's my point with the ghostbond. Unless. Someone has used it for a great length of time. I can give you Elmer's glue in a ghostbond bottle and if it works for you ...it works. That doesn't mean it's genuine. You don't know any different..

Same with the high-end hair care products for people that never bought pureology at a salon. For retail price They might get this watery nonsense and say I don't know what all the hype was about. This stuff is garbage. No, you bought a counterfeit product. But again, they don't know because they never use the genuine.

Same can happen with ghostbond. You can take a totally legitimate bottle once it's empty and fill it with Elmer's Glue. How is that going to alert somebody to the fact that it's counterfeit? It still has the phl Transparency label, but it's not indeed genuine product inside the container.

Things like this happen all the time.

I hear a lot of people get a year out of a $30 bottle of ghostbond. Certainly not something to stress about.
Yeah, I agree....I don't see how he is claiming to guarantee it with these codes. Like you said I will just stick to HD. Funny you mentioned Elmer's glue, all 3 bottles I got including the new one from HD smells like Elmer's glue. Does yours? I think that's just the way it smells I guess.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it makes the cleanup harder?
I'm saying this nicely and trying to be helpful. But.... why is everybody going against the way things are designed to be? It's thin layers because that's what the company has determined It works. Best. If thicker layers worked better, they would suggest thicker layers... they would also sell more product while doing so.

I keep reading multiple posts with the same narrative and undertone. It just makes me think... if you go to the doctor. With a sore throat and are confirmed to have strep. You're prescribed antibiotics. Do you tell the doctor professional in that respective field) what if I gargle with turmeric or drink apple cider vinegar instead. How about black pepper And cucumber salad. I had a friend that got better after eating chicken noodle soup....Why not try that instead. This really boggles me. Haha

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree....I don't see how he is claiming to guarantee it with these codes. Like you said I will just stick to HD. Funny you mentioned Elmer's glue, all 3 bottles I got including the new one from HD smells like Elmer's glue. Does yours? I think that's just the way it smells I guess.
Yes, I only bought one bottle But definitely smells like Elmer's Glue.