Ghost Bond Not Holding At All. Help Please.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
They make fake Rolexes with boxes and certifications for thousands of dollars. Just because they copied the label exact it does not mean it's genuine.

I'd go ahead and place a $50 order through HD....you'll get free shipping... pick up some supplies you need... and worst case if it doesn't work well you have 30 days to return it at their expense and get a refund. This is the only way to know.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it does not have this transparency code, I may be fake
Not an expert on all of PHL branding. However I've never seen a scan code like that on their products. I have a bottle from a year ago that does not have that..... along with five or six other products of theirs other than Ghost Bond..... all of which do not have that.

Many times counterfeiters try to put high-tech looking things on there to make it appear more genuine.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not an expert on all of PHL branding. However I've never seen a scan code like that on their products. I have a bottle from a year ago that does not have that..... along with five or six other products of theirs other than Ghost Bond..... all of which do not have that.

Many times counterfeiters try to put high-tech looking things on there to make it appear more genuine.
I talked to Dave at pro labs, they just added them to stop fakes. I'm on my second bottle and both have them. I always send pic to him and he verifies them for me. He also said if it has this transparency code, then it's good. If you can scan with your phone, it should be safe. He said the spent a ton of money to add these to the new bottles.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I talked to Dave at pro labs, they just added them to stop fakes. I'm on my second bottle and both have them. I always send pic to him and he verifies them for me. He also said if it has this transparency code, then it's good. If you can scan with your phone, it should be safe. He said the spent a ton of money to add these to the new bottles.
Sounds good if they say so then it's good. Again though, I would not trust a sticker.... it's just as easy to print that sticker as it is another. Always trust your vendor and supplier..... kind of like .... it's heavy and says Rolex on it so it must be real.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good if they say so then it's good. Again though, I would not trust a sticker.... it's just as easy to print that sticker as it is another. Always trust your vendor and supplier..... kind of like .... it's heavy and says Rolex on it so it must be real.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, he said something about the codes being already on file random numbers, so the Chinese would have to guess a 12 digital number.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, he said something about the codes being already on file random numbers, so the Chinese would have to guess a 12 digital number.
How so? If I copied that exact label I could reproduce it multiple times.... just like Rolex there are certain serial number models that are done to death it's a genuine serial number just happens to be many thousands of them with it. You have to remember the markup is astronomical. Counterfiting in China is a multi-billion-dollar industry ..... it's not a low-budget mom-and-pop operation . They have a vast resources and money behind them to copy things identically. They can manufacture a knock off ghostbond for probably around $0.25 and sell it at a supposed discount of $25.

Just saying.... as concerned as you are with the risks, I don't know why you would ever even consider buying from a non authorized vendor.... because all the speculation on proposed risks are based on the ingredients we know are used by PHL. A knockoff, we have not a clue what's in it.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How so? If I copied that exact label I could reproduce it multiple times.... just like Rolex there are certain serial number models that are done to death it's a genuine serial number just happens to be many thousands of them with it. You have to remember the markup is astronomical. Counterfiting in China is a multi-billion-dollar industry ..... it's not a low-budget mom-and-pop operation . They have a vast resources and money behind them to copy things identically. They can manufacture a knock off ghostbond for probably around $0.25 and sell it at a supposed discount of $25.

Just saying.... as concerned as you are with the risks, I don't know why you would ever even consider buying from a non authorized vendor.... because all the speculation on proposed risks are based on the ingredients we know are used by PHL. A knockoff, we have not a clue what's in it.
Idk, I was told unique numbers once sold to Amazon vendors from now on get crossed off a list with pro hair labs. So each bottle has a unique number, once you scan it with your phone it will tell you if that number has been used and sold to anyone except to a authorized seller. This has been verified with pro hair labs, so if someone just copied a code it would be flagged as already sold and a duplicate. Have you never heard of the transparency app program?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also like I said I send everything to pro hair labs to verify before I use it....what else can be done? Hair direct can also get a batch of bad ones...its not the seller on Amazon that's the issue, it's that they are accepting inventory from multiple sources.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also like I said I send everything to pro hair labs to verify before I use it....what else can be done? Hair direct can also get a batch of bad ones...its not the seller on Amazon that's the issue, it's that they are accepting inventory from multiple sources.
No I think you're missing my point. I'm not speaking of a bad batch. HD is likely the largest purchaser from phl. There is a 0% chance they're going to purchase fakes, they are buying them directly from PHL.

I keep going back to Rolex because I've been an avid collector collecting for about 15 years. There is a 0% chance and authorized Rolex dealer is going to take delivery of a brand new fake Rolex.....From Rolex

If you buy one from a unauthorized dealer you are taking a big chance that it is not authentic.

For such a small amount of money and such a high health risk and high rate of failure with the counterfeits, I don't even know how this can be a topic of discussion. To think that something cannot be counterfeited and counterfeited successfully is just foolish. QR code or not that's not going to stop a multi-billion-dollar counterfeiting industry they can take $0.25 and turn it into $25 . But, to each their own.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I think you're missing my point. I'm not speaking of a bad batch. HD is likely the largest purchaser from phl. There is a 0% chance they're going to purchase fakes, they are buying them directly from PHL.

I keep going back to Rolex because I've been an avid collector collecting for about 15 years. There is a 0% chance and authorized Rolex dealer is going to take delivery of a brand new fake Rolex.....From Rolex

If you buy one from a unauthorized dealer you are taking a big chance that it is not authentic.

For such a small amount of money and such a high health risk and high rate of failure with the counterfeits, I don't even know how this can be a topic of discussion. To think that something cannot be counterfeited and counterfeited successfully is just foolish. QR code or not that's not going to stop a multi-billion-dollar counterfeiting industry that can take $0.25 and turn it into $25 by getting around an obstacle . But, to each their own.
Yeah, I see your point that going through hair direct would probably cut down risk on it and I may do that. I guess I going by what dave at pro hair labs told me. I am sure counterfeiters could get around it some how. I will probably order from HD going forward, again since I trust your judgment, but dont HD sell on Amazon as well?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I see your point that going through hair direct would probably cut down risk on it and I may do that. I guess I going by what dave at pro hair labs told me. I am sure counterfeiters could get around it some how. I will probably order from HD going forward, again since I trust your judgment, but dont HD sell on Amazon as well?
Again I mean this respectfully but it's not going to cut down the risk, it will completely eliminate it.

Any authorized retailer on PHL list is going to be a safer bet than one that's not. But authorized small mom-and-pop Beauty Suppliers could fill their stock from time to time with counterfeits to be cheap. It's like cigarettes back in New York, they had fake tax stamps. But when you buy from the biggest retailer of the product.... just like Walmart.... it's a zero chance you're going to get counterfeit Tide laundry detergent there..... now the local Bodega, I'd be cautious :)

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again I mean this respectfully but it's not going to cut down the risk, it will completely eliminate it.

Any authorized retailer on PHL list is going to be a safer bet than one that's not. But authorized small mom-and-pop Beauty Suppliers could fill their stock from time to time with counterfeits to be cheap. It's like cigarettes back in New York, they had fake tax stamps. But when you buy from the biggest retailer of the product.... just like Walmart.... it's a zero chance you're going to get counterfeit Tide laundry detergent there..... now the local Bodega, I'd be cautious :)
Too bad....so just for further understanding, the actual Amazon seller must purposely be seeking to sell these counterfeit bottles of ghost bond? Correct? I guess I was under the impression that they got it directly from Pro hair labs? How else do they get the real ones that has made it in all the reviews? Are they purposely just trying to throw a few fakes in here and there? To make a few extra bucks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad....so just for further understanding, the actual Amazon seller must purposely be seeking to sell these counterfeit bottles of ghost bond? Correct? I guess I was under the impression that they got it directly from Pro hair labs? How else do they get the real ones that has made it in all the reviews? Are they purposely just trying to throw a few fakes in here and there? To make a few extra bucks?
There is a mix of all kinds of sellers.... you have those that are licensed and buy direct from prohairlabs and sell only genuine product. You have others that May buy the genuine product but also buy counterfeit and sell both. Then you have all out scam artists that only sell counterfeit.... much like the ghost Bond brand adhesive on eBay for $6 shipped.

The only way to truly know is to buy from the big boys, which is hairdirect. There's a 0% chance. They're going to sell counterfeit ghostbond.

I look at it this way. Buying from unknown sellers is a roll of the dice and you'll never truly know.

If you purchase by Price alone. The most attractive low-priced products are going to typically be sold by straight up counterfeiters.

You have to remember counterfeit does not necessarily mean it doesn't work at all. You can have a counterfeit product that works. Well, and you leave a good review. Or you can have a counterfeit and chalk it up to being. A bad match for your body chemistry. However, you had a good interaction with the sellers. So you leave positive feedback. Good feedback does not always mean genuine product or Genuine review.

For the $30 why burden yourself with any doubt?

I'm sure prohairlabs can also Supply us with an authorized vendor list because they know who they sell to. But again a percentage of those sellers. May alternate between genuine and counterfeit. We don't know.

This is my take on it. All. You can get a great deal on a Chanel purse at the local mom-and-pop shop and questioning the authenticity for the rest of your life, or you can go to Bergdorf Goodman And know that there's nothing to worry about....Zero concerns

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it does not have this transparency code, I may be fake

I wouldn't necessarily say all ghostbond without a transparency code are counterfeit. From that picture It appears PHL is now applying an additional sticker to the bottle. That doesn't mean all the stock at all. The suppliers is updated. They're going to keep selling the genuine product until that runs out and it will be replaced with the updated sticker.

I still say buy from a trusted vendor and have no worries.

What is the benefit of not buying from say hairdirect and removing all doubt?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a mix of all kinds of sellers.... you have those that are licensed and buy direct from prohairlabs and sell only genuine product. You have others that May buy the genuine product but also buy counterfeit and sell both. Then you have all out scam artists that only sell counterfeit.... much like the ghost Bond brand adhesive on eBay for $6 shipped.

The only way to truly know is to buy from the big boys, which is hairdirect. There's a 0% chance. They're going to sell counterfeit ghostbond.

I look at it this way. Buying from unknown sellers is a roll of the dice and you'll never truly know.

If you purchase by Price alone. The most attractive low-priced products are going to typically be sold by straight up counterfeiters.

You have to remember counterfeit does not necessarily mean it doesn't work at all. You can have a counterfeit product that works. Well, and you leave a good review. Or you can have a counterfeit and chalk it up to being. A bad match for your body chemistry. However, you had a good interaction with the sellers. So you leave positive feedback. Good feedback does not always mean genuine product or Genuine review.

For the $30 why burden yourself with any doubt?

I'm sure prohairlabs can also Supply us with an authorized vendor list because they know who they sell to. But again a percentage of those sellers. May alternate between genuine and counterfeit. We don't know.

This is my take on it. All. You can get a great deal on a Chanel purse at the local mom-and-pop shop and questioning the authenticity for the rest of your life, or you can go to Bergdorf Goodman And know that there's nothing to worry about....Zero concerns
Thanks man, I just got on from hair direct, I was not sure how the Amazon sellers where working it. Its HD going forward for me.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, I just got on from hair direct, I was not sure how the Amazon sellers where working it. Its HD going forward for me.
Don't forget. Free shipping on $50 orders and anything you don't like you just contact them. They will pay to ship it back and give you a refund.. Even if it's almost empty....Can't go wrong.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily say all ghostbond without a transparency code are counterfeit. From that picture It appears PHL is now applying an additional sticker to the bottle. That doesn't mean all the stock at all. The suppliers is updated. They're going to keep selling the genuine product until that runs out and it will be replaced with the updated sticker.

I still say buy from a trusted vendor and have no worries.

What is the benefit of not buying from say hairdirect and removing all doubt?
I just got this back from dave at pro hair labs, fyi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205-210046_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-210046_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20200205-210056_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-210056_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 115

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got this back from dave at pro hair labs, fyi

Understood, but that doesn't Change my point. The transparency labels are a new add-on. That doesn't mean that all of the stock throughout the world of ghostbond is sent back for the label to be added. All of them will carry that label once the old stock runs out.

Respectfully though.....I'm failing to see what the benefit or gain is..... To go against the grain and not buy from a trusted source?

Like I was saying if I'm going to spend the money...say on a Montblanc pen for $1,000. I'm only going to do it at at Mont Blanc Boutique. I'm not going to buy it somewhere where there's even a 1% chance that it's a counterfeit.

Now the chance you're going to get a counterfeit box of Kellogg's Pop-Tarts is probably Nonexistent. But when it comes to luxury items or popular items....They are certainly counterfeited. It's not worth the risk.

Same thing goes for ghostbond. It's quite obviously such a big operation counterfeiting it that prohairlabs is spending money to try to fight it. And they have videos explaining the known counterfeit identifiers, which will surely be corrected by the counterfeiters moving forward. That's how big of a problem is. So why even risk it if it's a chance?

Again, we're talkin about $30. For peace of mind.

Luxury brand such as Louis Vuitton Rolex Montblanc Etc. Spend Millions per year fighting knockoffs in the marketplace. It doesn't mean counterfeit go away. It may reduce them, but it doesn't eliminate them.

It is a factual statement to say that eBay and Amazon are the two largest Us entities that sell counterfeits.

Take some time to look at items on Amazon reviews that have four and five stars. Look at $40- $150 conditioner such as Redken and pureology.

Even with an overall High rating... You will undoubtedly find dozens and dozens of reviews stating the product received does not smell like the same one they bought at the salon. It's watery .. different color ...different consistency. Most alluding to the fact that it was probably a genuine bottle re-filled with inferior non brand products. That's my point with the ghostbond. Unless. Someone has used it for a great length of time. I can give you Elmer's glue in a ghostbond bottle and if it works for you ...it works. That doesn't mean it's genuine. You don't know any different..

Same with the high-end hair care products for people that never bought pureology at a salon. For retail price They might get this watery nonsense and say I don't know what all the hype was about. This stuff is garbage. No, you bought a counterfeit product. But again, they don't know because they never use the genuine.

Same can happen with ghostbond. You can take a totally legitimate bottle once it's empty and fill it with Elmer's Glue. How is that going to alert somebody to the fact that it's counterfeit? It still has the phl Transparency label, but it's not indeed genuine product inside the container.

Things like this happen all the time.

I hear a lot of people get a year out of a $30 bottle of ghostbond. Certainly not something to stress about.