"getting Grey Is Okay Going Bald Is A Nogo"

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just met a friend of mine, we used to hang out when I was a teenager.

He is completely bald. He looks fifteen years older than he actually is. He was playing guitar with
people almost ten years older, who had hair. And he looked like he was the oldest person in
the room.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that's early graying. It's premature gray at 25, most people start in their thirties.

Some ethnic groups don't start to gray until their fifties.

I use "Touch of gray", always.

My gray hair is the same pattern from Richard Reed, in the Fantastic four. It's all gray on the
sides, and not on top. Looks very strange if I don't dye it.

If you started at 25 that is aggressive graying and perhaps you'd be even grayer now without it. Hello Anderson Cooper.

Yeah I'd agree it's early greying. But at 25 it was 2-3 strands. Now at 32 it's probably like 300+.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Currently have no greys in my early 30s but I'd dye it up to a certain age. After 50 it's best to use touch of grey for a natural age appropriate look. It's nothing to worry about either way - can dye it with ease. Baldness is a more serious problem. No hair v grey hair, easy choice.
I am sure you know someone over 50 who still colors their grays and it actually looks good, don't you?:rolleyes::D

Hairissue1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello sorry for posting on your thread but i am trying to create a post for advice and i keep getting told it wont allow me to post because i have restricted functions how do i solve this?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello sorry for posting on your thread but i am trying to create a post for advice and i keep getting told it wont allow me to post because i have restricted functions how do i solve this?

You can't start a thread until you have n posts, where I think that n is equal to five.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men start to grey with 30 in average i read

Women with 35

Not sure if correct

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently have no greys in my early 30s but I'd dye it up to a certain age. After 50 it's best to use touch of grey for a natural age appropriate look. It's nothing to worry about either way - can dye it with ease. Baldness is a more serious problem. No hair v grey hair, easy choice.

Stop, just stop there. I think you're going to be dying your hair when you're 33, to be honest.

Absolute20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started greying at maybe 19 or 20 not sure,I'm now 23 and I have a lot of grey hairs on my temple

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dads 56 Norwood 5 and still no greying. Curly hair and he grows out the sides. Grey beard though. Have to say it looks a sh*t ton better than I think it would if it was grey and takes a few years off.

I have a 25 year old mate who has gone completely grey but with a thick fullhead. Definitely ages him 5 years or so, but no major change in his overall looks.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly its difficult not become a mysogonist once u start balding

I know men are also superficial but i dunno

I just start to hate them. They make me sick

If you were a woman of decent status and looks would you date a bald guy?

Of course you f*****g wouldn't, if you want to be attractive and respectable to women get on meds and opt for transplants.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
or "lets see you in the morning without makeup". Some of the most attractive woman I've seen have literally gone down like 2-3 points without it.
whengirlsputon-makeup-they-be-like-its-morphin-time-14547579.png

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
saw i guy i knew a while back in a pub yesterday. one year younger, around 30. norwood 7. NORWOOD 7!

That is not really rare tbh. More than enough guys start to go bald in their teens and early twenties. Mostly, those guys are NW7 around 30. If I wasn't on finasteride, I would be NW7 at 25-27.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
You went slick before grey, miring that strategy to avoid the "pains" of grey ;) Efficiency of nature.

On a serious note it's not much of an issue for you. Since you shave your head and I think you have a very sparse beard, so just all blends in. A small mercy.

It's more for guys with full hair and who have beards now and then. It does look unsightly when a specific region is just a blob of white/grey hair and rest is different. Always good to maintain full colour or uniform salt and pepper for a clean look - also taking into account age/skin to tailor it accordingly.

Dye is once a month job or every 6 weeks. Much much easier than Minoxidil. Cheap too and you might not need to use all the dye in one go.

View attachment 74099

View attachment 74100

View attachment 74101

View attachment 74102

Is Pitt dying it? He seems to have the best hair genetics ever lol, barely greying and fullhead over 50 years of age.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still hope to never go grey.

My maternal grandmother still has brown hair and she's 81.

Same for my mom at the age of 55.

Please God grant me at least that one!

Of course my dad started greying in his mid-20's on top of his aggressive hair loss.

Even though yeah, it's easily fixable, but if I could avoid the hassle, it'd be nice.

I remember having a discussion with an American guy in his thirties whose hair was all white, like Ted Danson, the guy was trying to reassure me over my hair loss and said his hair turned white in his late teens.

Like the two are even comparable.

The thing is, even if I had all gray hair, it looks bad. It doesn't look good on me. Some guys can pull it off.

Danson looks old with his gray wig. My hair is completely gray on my sides, mixed in back, and brown on top.

But I do use Touch of Gray, not a complete cover up.

Even when I do it at the salon, that's what they give me (they don't color all of it) (their choice).