Getting amazing results with my regimen, but have questions?

Paladine

Reaction score
I use the Nettle Root Extract with the Saw Palmetto to give it more punch, as I believe NR works slightly different than SP to fight against DHT. Hard to say for sure since I just went all-out from day 1 with my supplements, so I couldn't give you an honest answer I dont think... You could always start with just the SP and then add NR later if you want.

Good luck brah!

NoLuck

Reaction score
Nice results !
Even if it didn't work , you're very muscular you'd probably look good even without hair ...
I've been working out for more than 1 year now and I still look thin ... :woot:

Anyway you convinced me to try saw palmetto and maybe also nettle root (wich I didn't know about ) , since I had to stop finasteride because of sides ...
Even if IMO most of the result is due to minoxidil .

Paladine

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd stop by and post an update. It's been a while!

So things were going very well until around May/June when I started shedding quite a bit. Hung in there but after a few weeks I started getting depressed and slacked off on my regimen bigtime. Approaching August I decided to pull out that ace I had been hiding up my sleeve and went and got a script for Proscar, and started fina at 1/4 tablet per day (1.25mg).

I more or less stopped taking all the vitamins and supplements i had been taking when I started on Fina and just went with the big 3, and the shedding started getting worse. THEN, as we all know, nizoral went out of production and for 3 or so months I wasn't able to use it, making (you guessed it) the shedding even worse!! It seemed as though I had lost much of what I gained, I even got a comment that my hair looked like it was thinning again (ouch), and I was afraid that I had lost the war...

Then, just like that, things started to swing back the other way! In late October, I was able to find nizoral again and it also appeared that the "Dread shed" that I was obviously going through from the Fina had come to a halt. I got a great new job paying a really good salary and the company was VERY longhair-friendly, so I dove back into purchasing my supplements and started back on my full regimen INCLUDING the Fina (still taking Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root, just in lower dosages) and over the last few weeks my hair has made AMAZING progress.

Despite everything I lost when the shedding began, my hair still looks a hell of a lot better than it did before I buzzed it all off and started a year ago. And now that the shedding has ceased, I'm noticing more new hairs appearing and I am pretty confident that it will start becoming thicker and more dense. Even my hairline has shown improvement during this time.

So here's a few pics!

Again, for comparison, my OLD long hair before I buzzed it:

288277.jpg

And here's me now, hair parted to the side:

288271.jpg

288275.jpg

And the crown & top:

288276.jpg

Even though my hair isn't nearly as thick and dense as it was before it started shedding, I'm absolutely thrilled with the results. And since the shedding is long over with now, more results are sure to be on the way! I've had no sides from the Fina and it's been 5 months since I started taking it, so it looks like I'll be able to keep it in the "hardcore regimen" to make it even more hardcore!

These pictures were taken a couple weeks ago and even since then my hair is looking better. I'm sure it helps that I've finally figured out the best morning haircare routine and have gotten my regimen down to a science. I'll post more results after another 2 or 3 months of growth if y'all want.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and support! Hope you all are doing well and gaining ground with your hair goals.

Dedge89

Reaction score
Nice results man! Ignore the shed, you'll make up the lost ground eventually and push it further, your hair is going to go through cycles of getting worse temporarily then better but in the long run it will always be improving upon your baseline.

Also, has anyone ever told you you kind of look like Joe Rogan? lol.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DANNNNNNG!

Your results look like night and day!

:punk:

Your top back of your head was BALD! Your follicles obviously weren't dead although you were basically slick. You were blessed beyond measures!!!!!

Well one thing, using nizoral 3 x's a week doesn't give the dht much time to create and bind. At least certainly not alot of it. Trust me, you knock alot out the ball park with just that.

Then using Min 2x's a day literally MAKES your hair grow. Your's I didn't say everyone's will do that.

I'm like you about to hit the Saw Palmetto extract and WITH the 85+ standardization. I hear that's the portion that helps more.

Sadly I can't use Min so I'm starting on MN and hoping that it gives me REgrowth similar if not as good or better than Min. Min gave a heart, issues.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh and you're only doing nizoral 1%??? I'm so surprised it even worked on you. Are you in your 20's or 30's? As a person in her 30's, my dht poked fun at the 1% :smack:

Yeah I'm doing the same thing, a low dose anti androgen WITH saw palmetto. Why? Because I don't want to do a med or high dose anti androgen. AND because saw palmetto actually lessens my shed with it. Unlike some people, saw palmetto helps me. I know because I introduced it 2 times into my regimen for between 2-3 mos and each time during that time from, my shed decreased. And each time I went off of it, my shed increased. Needless to say, I'm back on it for good.

Best wishes :)

Paladine

Reaction score
Dedge - Thanks brother! I've got a pretty good feeling about it and I'm noticing signs of regrowth so I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few more months.

And no never been compared to Joe Rogan but he's awesome so thanks lol. Never get tired of watching that youtube vid of him vs. the feminist chick. :p

RW - Thanks!! Yeah looking back on the pictures I posted months ago, I can see now just how bad the crown area was. I guess i always fooled myself about it because my entire life I had a little "bald spot" back there around the whorl... but it's almost back to the way it used to be and hopefully, in due time, even that tiny spot will fill in with hair.

I'm using the nizoral every other day now and that seems to work swimmingly. After my "dread shed" from the Fina stopped I actually tried using it every day but that made me start shedding again (at least from what I could see in the shower), so I backed off to every other day and the shedding stopped again and now I only lose 5-10 hairs in the shower depending on the day.

And yep, nizoral 1%. Never tried the 2%.

Sorry to hear about your Min issues. Hope the MN works for you! I'm trying 4% MN (Monistat 3) putting it on my hairline and crown every night and the whole head every other day. Of course since I'm growing out a nice Mane of long hair I'm also interested in the boost to speed of growth it's supposed to give, in addition to any new hairs it helps me generate.

If I'm going to have a tailbone-length mane someday I'll take all the growth help I can get!

bjk1903

Reaction score
fantastic results :punk: I am following the same regimen as you and I started 3 weeks ago. I hope to get the same results. Also I sent you a pm, would greatly appreciate a response, thanks :)

lucas0581

Reaction score
Hey, does any one think that the saw palmetto and nettle root found in Procerin and Provillus would act as good or close to the ones recomended here in thes topic? I would ask that because I just think it´s easier buying one product, and taking one pill than many diferent ones. Thanks for the help.

Paladine

Reaction score
Hey guys! Time for an April update!

Here are two pics taken today, plus a side-by-side comparison of my old hair before the buzz/start of my regimen and my hair today.

April01.jpg

April02.jpg

Comparison.jpg

I recently upped Nizoral to every day and based on what I've read on here, I'm trying minoxidil 4 times per day on my two weakest areas, the hairline and crown. They're still not quite where i'd like them to be so I'm hoping to see if I can really turn up the heat and get some amazing new growth!

My current full regimen is:

- Nizoral 1% shampoo every day
- Finasteride 1.25mg per day
- Minoxidil 5% 2 times per day entire head, 4 times per day crown & hairline
- MN 2% (sometimes 4%) about every other day for hairline and crown
- Orange Triad vitamin stack
- Fish Oil
- 5,000 mcg Biotin
- MSM
- Cayenne pepper
- Saw Palmetto extract
- Nettle Root extract
- Bragg's ACV mixed with water (drink)
- BCAA's (for bodybuilding but supposed to promote hair growth too)

Anything else come to mind that I could add to the regimen? Looking forward to your comments and feedback!

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I think your results are typical of those who've begun the simplest approach to combating hair loss: aggressively inhibit DHT. I would be cautiously optimistic about your progress, as you must consider the long-term effects of manipulating your hormones via so much "stuff," be they natural or otherwise.

Pay attention to how your body (mood, libido, etc.) responds to these products. And see if you can ween yourself off the pharmaceuticals, and eventually go all natural, with herbs, vitamins, and minerals that address inflammation and circulation.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
I think your results are typical of those who've begun the simplest approach to combating hair loss: aggressively inhibit DHT. I would be cautiously optimistic about your progress, as you must consider the long-term effects of manipulating your hormones via so much "stuff," be they natural or otherwise.

what are you talking about.... the only thing he's taking that reduces DHT is finasteride... the rest won't do much. This is all from finasteride

Paladine

Reaction score
I did the no-fina approach as can be seen in the beginning of the thread... had some great results thanks to the minoxidil and nizoral and supps I was taking (still am taking), but after a few months I started shedding like mad, so I jumped on Fina and upped the ante with everything else.

Now everything that shed middle of last year is slowly coming back, and I've had no side effects whatsoever from the Fina or anything else, so no way am I going to drop anything from my regimen now! :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any results from monistat? :whistle:

also: where do you buy your generic proscar?

Paladine

Reaction score
Haven't used it consistently enough until recently, so we'll see...

I just get CVS brand generic Proscar.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
what are you talking about.... the only thing he's taking that reduces DHT is finasteride... the rest won't do much. This is all from finasteride

You are ignorant.

Propeciahelp.com should enlighten as to the effect that saw palmetto has had on some users. Saw palmetto as well as nettles, both reduce DHT.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Paladine said:
I did the no-fina approach as can be seen in the beginning of the thread... had some great results thanks to the minoxidil and nizoral and supps I was taking (still am taking), but after a few months I started shedding like mad, so I jumped on Fina and upped the ante with everything else.

Now everything that shed middle of last year is slowly coming back, and I've had no side effects whatsoever from the Fina or anything else, so no way am I going to drop anything from my regimen now! :)

Unfortunately, you are going to learn that these DHT inhibiting herbs are not dose dependent. The body will adjust (build up a tolerance), rendering these herbs ineffective in a relatively short period of time (i.e. "a few months"). This is a common occurrence.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
You are ignorant.

Propeciahelp.com should enlighten as to the effect that saw palmetto has had on some users. Saw palmetto as well as nettles, both reduce DHT.

Not surprisingly, Saw Palmetto came out the big loser, as it showed no effect whatsoever on BPH symptoms and no effect on serum DHT levels, while finasteride dropped DHT by 65%.

Saw Palmetto works by REDUCING THE NUMBER OF ANDROGEN RECEPTORS thus minimizing the flow of DHT.... It has no effect on your blood levels of DHT

Paladine

Reaction score
Please don't fight in my thread guys. Plenty of other places to argue the Herbs vs. Fina debate. :smack:

All I can say is that I did the herbs-only approach in the beginning and, like I said I would do early in this thread, pulled out the "ace up my sleeve" and got on Fina after things started to go south.

Now everything is continuing to improve again. Even tho I'm on Fina I'm keeping the herbs in my regimen for not only their approach to DHT but their other benefits as well. Since everything is going really good now I'm not touchin' nuthin'!! :punk:

Well... except maybe to add other things that might be beneficial.

I got a recommendation on another forum to add a Vitamin B complex supp to my regimen. What do you guys think about that?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'ma fellow long hair and I've been on the big 3 for over a year but three months ago I had a massive shed/itch attack and lost so much density. My bangs are lifeless now so I may have to cut it too. I'm sure you feel my pain at that.

I have new hope seeing your results though and I started doing minoxidil all over as opposed to the crown only so hopefully I'll get my density back.