Getting amazing results with my regimen, but have questions?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
"Not surprisingly, Saw Palmetto came out the big loser, as it showed no effect whatsoever on BPH symptoms and no effect on serum DHT levels, while finasteride dropped DHT by 65%"

Saw Palmetto works by REDUCING THE NUMBER OF ANDROGEN RECEPTORS thus minimizing the flow of DHT.... It has no effect on your blood levels of DHT

You forgot to mention that the above study was performed by none other than Merck-the drug pusher, lol: "Not surprisingly, Saw Palmetto came out the big loser..." They can't afford to lose any customers.

In addition:

"The liposterolic extract of the plant Serenoa Repens (saw palmetto) on dihydrotestosterone and testosterone binding by eleven different tissue specimens was tested. The drug reduced the mean uptake of both hormones by 40.9% and 41.9% respectively in all tissue specimens. DHT was reduced in all tissue specimens."

:p

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Paladine, I think it's great if you are getting results, and are satisfied. B vitamin complex is always a good addition. And you can refer back to this forum for advice, in the event you experience thinning or a shed (similar to Thom).

person22

Reaction score
i love this topic cause i refuse to use propecia so its great to see someone getting results without it, i currently only use
nizoral every 3 days
regaine foam twice a day

but on the strength of your results ive ordered some saw palmetto and nettle extract,

i hope the combination of these give me some results !

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Some naturalists recommend against Saw Palmetto and to just go the with Nettle Root...

...I too was on finasteride for 6 years and then things went south...I had massive side-effects towards the end -- Missed out on some great girl action because I couldn' get the damn thing up :thumbdown2:

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
2020 said:
"Not surprisingly, Saw Palmetto came out the big loser, as it showed no effect whatsoever on BPH symptoms and no effect on serum DHT levels, while finasteride dropped DHT by 65%"

Saw Palmetto works by REDUCING THE NUMBER OF ANDROGEN RECEPTORS thus minimizing the flow of DHT.... It has no effect on your blood levels of DHT

I'm glad you clarified that because some people want to all together discount Saw Palmetto but along with a low dose oral anti androgen, Saw further reduces my shed by another half. I went from say 200 to 100 hairs with the anti androgen. Then to 50 hairs with the Saw Palmetto and the other stuff in it. Its the walmart brand that also has pygeum, beta sistosterol and other stuff.

Since I can't use Min and therefore regrowth may not be in the cards (boo whoo) reducing shedding is paramount.
You forgot to mention that the above study was performed by none other than Merck-the drug pusher, lol: "Not surprisingly, Saw Palmetto came out the big loser..." They can't afford to lose any customers.

In addition:

"The liposterolic extract of the plant Serenoa Repens (saw palmetto) on dihydrotestosterone and testosterone binding by eleven different tissue specimens was tested. The drug reduced the mean uptake of both hormones by 40.9% and 41.9% respectively in all tissue specimens. DHT was reduced in all tissue specimens."

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened this guy, did his hair grow so more it consumed him and now he can not longer type. Never revealed his regimen

abcdefg

Reaction score
I used saw palmetto a long time ago, and I do feel it did something involving my hair. That being said I just dropped it, and I still think your better off with propecia, and all the evidence it brings that proves it works. Saw palmetto could certainly have sides, and changes your hormones the same in theory.

abcdefg

Reaction score

In addition:

I know this is old, but why would you want to reduce 5 ar type 1 along with the type 2? Not to mention finasteride reduces type 2 by 70 percent. The issue with saw palmetto if it works is that its not strong enough. That is why saw palmetto doesnt cause sides its not strong enough.
If your debating saw palmetto or other natural supplements my advice is try propecia first. Stick to the evidence, and if it fails or you have problems then try the natural stuff as last resort.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 2 x Saw Palmetto a day for 3 years, 95% fatty acid, the good stuff. I had Sides 3 years down the line. I only take one a day now, no sides now, so far.
Haven't tried finasteride. Would rather still with Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Zince, Collagen and B Complex . I take this daily, things have slowed and hair fall is few. I also use Nisim Shampoo, one squirt with one squirt of Nizoral, only once a week.

I also use Dr Best Comprehensive Prostate Formula ,contains herbal extracts of Saw palmetto, African Pygeum bark and Stinging Nettle root, CardioAid™ plant sterols, and SelenoExcell®, a superior form of the mineral selenium. Comprehensive Prostate Formula also contains effective amounts of vitamins D3 and B6, zinc, and lycopene, These are in powder form capsules. I open them up and add 3 of them to my squirt of Nisim Shampoo and Nizoral. It turns blood red when washing hair, very rich in nutrients. I wash with Shampoo first, then rinse, then repeat with these capsules mixed in.
Has it regrown hair? Hmm I dunno, my hair fall is very very small, might see 5 hairs in sink. That would be normal. My hair has thinned so much before I attacked the problem. I need to thicken it up, but how without finasteride. My temples are bad, crown thinking, still got that swirl but thinning.