Getting A Hair Transplant At 22 Years Old

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm fed up with my hair loss and finally want to try doing something about it. The different supplements all seem great, but only slow down the process. I'm already pretty far down the path (and WAY further than most my age). I'm probably a NW3 or 4 with how thin my hair is in the front.

I've read some articles saying it's not good to get a transplant so early because then the area that wasn't transplanted will eventually fall out and it will look worse. Also, at 22 I am not swimming in money, so cost will obviously a factor. I'm in the US and don't want to travel to foreign lands just to get a transplant.

Has anyone had a transplant at my age? How has it worked out for you? About what would I be looking at? Could $4000-$6000 get it done for me? Also, you can't normally pay it off with loans right?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Medication is very strong, not only slow down the process but can regrowth. you are too young for a surgery

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medication is very strong, not only slow down the process but can regrowth. you are too young for a surgery

How old would I need to be? A transplant seems like the closest thing to a slam dunk when it comes to getting hair back/thickened.

The mixed results with supplements scare me. I don't want my dick to stop working or my nipples to explode. If I experienced them, would they go away with me stopping use?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't worry too much about the side effects. the majority of users do not experience them. you have pics of your loss?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
side effects are only for 2% and they go when you stop...

min 25years old, and you must use meds to stabilize the alopecia and retein the hairs you have

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplant or no I'd get on finasteride. NW3-4 you're still at the point where there's enough hair left on top worth saving

From a reputable surgeon in the US you'll probably be looking at upwards of $15,000 to bring a NW3-4 back to fullhead

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/koray-erdogan-istanbul-3070-grafts-fue.104983/

I got it done at 22 like two weeks ago. I would say two things, first of all you MUST be on finasteride, and second of all you should definitely consider going to another country to get it done. If you don't think you can go to another country for a hair transplant, then you aren't mature enough to get it.

Even if you don't get a transplant, get on finasteride.

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/koray-erdogan-istanbul-3070-grafts-fue.104983/

I got it done at 22 like two weeks ago. I would say two things, first of all you MUST be on finasteride, and second of all you should definitely consider going to another country to get it done. If you don't think you can go to another country for a hair transplant, then you aren't mature enough to get it.

The idea of going to another country is too foreign (no pun intended) to me. My uncle had his done and it was fine. I'd rather go to someone like that. I will get on finasteride as everyone here swears by it. Can it regrow/thicken my hair? or just keep me where I am? I'm way worse than you are (judging by your pictures).

Transplant or no I'd get on finasteride. NW3-4 you're still at the point where there's enough hair left on top worth saving

From a reputable surgeon in the US you'll probably be looking at upwards of $15,000 to bring a NW3-4 back to fullhead

I'm probably closer to a 4 honestly. If I was to get a transplant, could I just get the area that's really thin done? Then go back and get the other area done when it gets worse? I'm thinning in the back too, but it isn't TOO bad yet.

sh*t.. that's a lot. They don't let you pay that back with loans right? (I assume not because more people would do that).

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The idea of going to another country is too foreign (no pun intended) to me. My uncle had his done and it was fine. I'd rather go to someone like that. I will get on finasteride as everyone here swears by it. Can it regrow/thicken my hair? or just keep me where I am? I'm way worse than you are (judging by your pictures).

I'm probably closer to a 4 honestly. If I was to get a transplant, could I just get the area that's really thin done? Then go back and get the other area done when it gets worse? I'm thinning in the back too, but it isn't TOO bad yet.

sh*t.. that's a lot. They don't let you pay that back with loans right? (I assume not because more people would do that).

Do some free online consultations and see what they say.

If you're that desperate, you could always take out a personal loan from a bank depending on your credit score situation. I wouldn't necessarily advise this, although only you can know how desperate you are

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
If cost is a factor & you are NW3 - NW4, with the amount of grafts you'd need getting a transplant done in USA might be to expensive for you

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
If cost is a factor & you are NW3 - NW4, with the amount of grafts you'd need getting a transplant done in USA might be to expensive for you

Would it still be ridiculously expensive if I just did the front half of my head? I know that it won't be cheap, but about how many grafts would I be looking at?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it still be ridiculously expensive if I just did the front half of my head? I know that it won't be cheap, but about how many grafts would I be looking at?

Get it done in Istanbul. Better doctors than the US and for 1/5th of the price. You probably need 4000.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that you should consider Turkey if money is an issue and you're eager to get this done. North American surgeons don't cater to those on a budget, especially the ones worth seeing.

Some very good quality work comes out of turkey, especially in hairline reconstruction. Do your research until you find a surgeon you're comfortable with to minimize risk

Losingmyhair1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a hair transplant at 23, I'm 27 now. I can say I'm really glad I did it, otherwise I'd probably be a Norwood 4 or 5 by age 25. But I've basically maintained the Norwood 2 I was at before the hair transplant. I am starting to get to the point where the rest of my hair is losing density, so I either need to get a another hair transplant down the line or find a regimen that works. But I got really lucky that the Doctor I had was good because my thinning still looks really natural. But if you get an unethical doctor they can make you look really bad, so definitely like others have said, do your homework.

A few other things: First, they will make you take finasteride if you do it in the US, so you might as well start taking it now. Second, in terms of $$, most places will let you finance it, that's what I did, so I paid like $400 a month (which is still expensive) instead of paying it all at once.

Ravinder

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nowadays people are facing hair loss at the age of early 20's so this is not the big issue that hair transplant would create any hassle in future. It does not have any side effect. However, only you need to consult with an expert first for any kind of surgery further because it depends upon the history of a patient. Also, if you are facing costing problem in the US then you can visit India for an affordable hair transplant surgery.

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a hair transplant at 23, I'm 27 now. I can say I'm really glad I did it, otherwise I'd probably be a Norwood 4 or 5 by age 25. But I've basically maintained the Norwood 2 I was at before the hair transplant. I am starting to get to the point where the rest of my hair is losing density, so I either need to get a another hair transplant down the line or find a regimen that works. But I got really lucky that the Doctor I had was good because my thinning still looks really natural. But if you get an unethical doctor they can make you look really bad, so definitely like others have said, do your homework.

A few other things: First, they will make you take finasteride if you do it in the US, so you might as well start taking it now. Second, in terms of $$, most places will let you finance it, that's what I did, so I paid like $400 a month (which is still expensive) instead of paying it all at once.

If you don't mind me asking, how much in total did you pay for yours? How much per graft? Did you save for a while before going? Or you just went for it and started paying monthly?

Also, was there any interest on you paying it back each month?

I'm going to get to a doctor and see if I can get finasteride prescribed ASAP. Did you deal with any of the sides? I'd hate to have whacky stuff happen to my dick and not get any hair back.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in my opinion the best way is start treatement, not only finasteride but also minoxidil ( best for regrothw) and keto2%( mild anti androgen ).
for the next 2 years. than you can evaluate the results ( if you respond good or not ) and decide for a hair transplant

Losingmyhair1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how much in total did you pay for yours? How much per graft? Did you save for a while before going? Or you just went for it and started paying monthly?

Also, was there any interest on you paying it back each month?

I'm going to get to a doctor and see if I can get finasteride prescribed ASAP. Did you deal with any of the sides? I'd hate to have whacky stuff happen to my dick and not get any hair back.

I had graduated and just gotten a job, and I did pay $500 up front for it, but otherwise didn't save up, and since i just got a job, was able make the monthly payments.

I don't think there was interest, if there was it was really small amount

And i haven't gotten any sides really. Occasional ball ache. No morning wood, but I never really got that anyway. i have a g/f and pretty sexually active, I've been with her almost 2 years, so all good on that front so far.

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score

How is it going? Koray always ensures best results