Genetic clock to turn off my hair? Rapid diffuse male pattern baldness at 28? My unusual case

Theodolite

Reaction score
Hi, I am 28 at the moment.

I started worrying about my hair 6 months ago. Didn't have any worries before. It's so surreal.

My hair became so thin and dry. My scalp became dry too. It seams my body just gets rid of top hair and it's quite useless to fight it. It's not like gradual decline, it's a killing machine. It's too aggressive to fight. And I noticed my chest hair just began to grow. It's something very related here. What is needed for chest hair to grow? I mean there most be some clock in my system which turned on chest hair and turned off top head hair.

Is there anybody with rapid diffuse balding in his late twenties when chest hair begins to grow? Did you manage to stop, reverse it?

The interesting part is that my father became bald at the same age as I now. It's kinda hard to believe in sensitive follicles. It's more like a clock which turns the hair off.

It sounds quite funny, but why my chest hair began to grow just now? How does it know when to grow? It's kinda logical there is some clock which turns on one things and turns off other...

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too have noticed a rapid diffuse hair loss this year. I am 1 year younger than you.

My hair just got extremely thin and dry very quickly. Also my scalp seemed to be flakier than usual. At the same time I have also noticed an increase in chest, facial and hand hair growth.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I started worrying about my hair 6 months ago. Didn't have any worries before. It's so surreal.

My hair became so thin and dry. My scalp became dry too. It seams my body just gets rid of top hair and it's quite useless to fight it. It's not like gradual decline, it's a killing machine. It's too aggressive to fight. And I noticed my chest hair just began to grow. It's something very related here. What is needed for chest hair to grow? I mean there most be some clock in my system which turned on chest hair and turned off top head hair.

Is there anybody with rapid diffuse balding in his late twenties when chest hair begins to grow? Did you manage to stop, reverse it?

The interesting part is that my father became bald at the same age as I now. It's kinda hard to believe in sensitive follicles. It's more like a clock which turns the hair off.

It sounds quite funny, but why my chest hair began to grow just now? How does it know when to grow? It's kinda logical there is some clock which turns on one things and turns off other...

Going bald in a couple of weeks or months isn't normal. Are you sure you haven't been under a lot of stress lately? My advice it to go see your doctor.

Theodolite

Reaction score
I have just found out that I have severe vitamin D deficiency and elevated aldosterone (secondary aldosteronism) levels. I guess they are unrelated to my hair loss, because I haven't changed anything in my habits. I may have had these issues all the time, who knows. Ah, stress... I have IBS-D. You can't live a life without stress when you are dealing with such a condition. Nothing unusual too.
And yeah, it's too quick. It began last November... I begin to feel people's glances at my scalp now... It's tough.
A couple of months is not enough to prepare for that...

By the way, I have just had Doppler ultrasound of kidney's arteries. Nothing unusual. Is elevated aldosterone (and renin) critical? Aldosterone: 401.2 ng/l, renin: 27.6 ng/l. What can I do to find a cause of this?

And I kinda begin to accept I can't change anything because I had very weird sensation on January. It's like I had some layer between my skull and scalp, and it suddenly somehow faded away... It's like a skull and skin (without some extra layer) now. It's like my remaining hair is without food now. So they kinda live last days without food, sadly. Does somebody have idea what happened to this `layer`? Is it even somehow explainable scientifically?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, is there a chance I have some issues with prostate if I have frequent urinations (sometimes 2 times a night)? On the other hand, the flow of urine is strong.

tele

My Regimen
Reaction score

Why is chest hair a sign to start hair loss haha, this happened to me too.

Kalash

Reaction score
That's odd, I noticed increased hair on my hands and arms and around my moustache at the same time my hair started thinning rapidly. Getting a script for finasteride tomorrow.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow, this sounds very similar to mine situation. Almost perfect hair exactly to 28, rapid loss after. You should post some pics.

Theodolite

Reaction score
Here you go:

P1010990.jpg
P1010996.jpg

Hair looks so dead and dry

Theodolite

Reaction score
I think I have a right to worry because it is 1/5 of what I had. It is illusion because I have long hair and they cover everything. And more than 100 hairs leave my head everyday.

hairwegoes

Reaction score
yeh i got the hand hair thing as well.

I was always boyish/hairless guy with thick head of hair. Know my hands got all hairy ewww wtf, and my face hair grows fast and hairs on my chest..im becoming a man!! But ironically i still skinny with boysih face so its all wrong haha

Theodolite

Reaction score
My testosterone is 18.85 nmol/l. As I understand it's average. I have hairy arms, hairy legs, fast growing beard and rapidly declining head hair.

My dermatologist didn't even suggest me to use finasteride as she said my testosterone is not high. Something not right here.

Eh. There is no DHT blood test in my country.. That sucks.

Is it possible to have normal testosterone, but very high DHT?

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Testosterone causes body hair growth. Hairy men tend to have higher testosterone, which - in those who have sensitive androgen receptors - is converted to DHT, and thus hairloss. It's why you see so many slick bald guys absolutely covered in thick body hair. Worst of both worlds lol.
This, my friend, is what those in the business call the androgen paradox. The potent testosterone directly responsible for growing the hair on the face, chest, back, etc. is the same testosterone that kills the follicles on the top of your head if you are genetically predisposed to it. Oh the irony.

Theodolite

Reaction score
It's time to revive my thread! Almost 5 years have passed and I still have some hair.
Actually I didn't do much pro-hair these years as there was a popular thread that there will be cure by 2020!!! That thread was wrong! Nothing has come!

Attachments

• IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 109

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's time to revive my thread! Almost 5 years have passed and I still have some hair.
Actually I didn't do much pro-hair these years as there was a popular thread that there will be cure by 2020!!! That thread was wrong! Nothing has come!
Ugh, oh wow, did your hairline recede??

Theodolite

Reaction score
Ugh, oh wow, did your hairline recede??
Yes, it did.

I revived this thread to tell you that sometimes things don't go as fast as you think they will go :)
Maybe going vegan in 2017 halted my hair loss a bit, but my diet was low in protein and zinc I guess... So I don't know...

But 2021 is a turning point for me... My girlfriend (first my love, the only one) has just dumped me and I must do something positive regardless my hair to get some confidence.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it did.

I revived this thread to tell you that sometimes things don't go as fast as you think they will go :)
Maybe going vegan in 2017 halted my hair loss a bit, but my diet was low in protein and zinc I guess... So I don't know...

But 2021 is a turning point for me... My girlfriend (first my love, the only one) has just dumped me and I must do something positive regardless my hair to get some confidence.
@deathdiss vegan, he says.

Theodolite

Reaction score
You didn't use finasteride at all these years?

No... I strongly believed that there will be cure in 2020 so I thought I could wait 4 years for that :) I was cheated by that big thread in this message board :)

I still have much doubts about finasteride. I can't use it at the moment because I am strongly against medicine.
On the other hand, I have just reviewed my vegan diet, began to lift some weights, started supplementing with vegan protein powders, started using german multivitamins (which promote hair growth)... I just want to find out how far these changes will go.
If they don't work and my hair situation worsens, I may consider using saw palmetto or even finasteride. Hair was and hair is a part of my identity. I can't afford losing it.