General Hair Loss In The Mainstream Media Collector's Thread

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm always intrigued by how hair loss is treated in mainstream media sources and what people here would think of them. I'll periodically post articles of interest and invite others to post theirs too. First up, Liam Gallagher of Oasis fame in the New Musical Express:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.ti...ic/liam-gallagher-bald-wig-2145594?source=dam

Interesting take but easy for him to say as he's still got good hair considering he's nearly 50.

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only professional athlete in America that gets half as much sh*t for his hair as the average "footballer" in Europe is LeBron, I think.

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't they have college kids on roids at 16 for football? Half of them should be bald by 25 at that rate.
I think that most American athletes are 'roided up...or tell myself as much to protect my ego. Anyway, football players get to wear this, so their hairlines aren't on display.

Khv5wpY.jpg

Baseball players also get to wear hats, so the baldness isn't on full display. Basketball is the only huge sport here where you see the hair. Even so, LeBron gets the most sh*t by far. He wouldn't get half as much if he "just shaved it, bro" since it's been a popular look in the NBA since Jordan, anyway.

OpsusMf.jpg

Not to say Americans don't care as much relative to people in other countries, but the dynamic does feel a bit different.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
The only professional athlete in America that gets half as much sh*t for his hair as the average "footballer" in Europe is LeBron, I think.
Yep, sometimes it seems that the folks at ESPN would rather talk about LeBron's hairline over his talent.

blackg

Reaction score
I think that most American athletes are 'roided up...or tell myself as much to protect my ego. Anyway, football players get to wear this, so their hairlines aren't on display.

View attachment 65258

Baseball players also get to wear hats, so the baldness isn't on full display. Basketball is the only huge sport here where you see the hair. Even so, LeBron gets the most sh*t by far. He wouldn't get half as much if he "just shaved it, bro" since it's been a popular look in the NBA since Jordan, anyway.

View attachment 65259

Not to say Americans don't care as much relative to people in other countries, but the dynamic does feel a bit different.
Im glad you posted a Vikings player.
They are my sentimental team.

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, sometimes it seems that the folks at ESPN would rather talk about LeBron's hairline over his talent.
This is true. Although it's hard to blame people when you consider what LeBron's done with his headband over the years.

WZ2q3OP.jpg

I'm surprised a soccer player hasn't been nailed for something like this:

lLGnaFT.jpg

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What's up with this kid from the spiderman movie? He's only 21 but it dosent look like he's shaving by choice. He was wearing a wig in the movie too. Props to him though for having the balls to pursue acting

maxresdefault.jpg

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm always intrigued by how hair loss is treated in mainstream media sources and what people here would think of them. I'll periodically post articles of interest and invite others to post theirs too. First up, Liam Gallagher of Oasis fame in the New Musical Express:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/liam-gallagher-bald-wig-2145594?source=dam

Interesting take but easy for him to say as he's still got good hair considering he's nearly 50.

Let's take into account the source of such fleeting ignorance also found this to be a tale worth regaling in the same article:

Gallagher went on to name his “hair hero” as “Keith Richards circa 1968”. Liam explained: “He’s got the Elvis thing going and it’s really long down [the neck]. That’s the perfect haircut. And I had it a couple of months ago. But last week I just thought, ‘I’m a bit f*****g bored here, I’ll go to the barbers’. And I asked him, ‘do you have any clippers?’ He went ‘yeah,’ so I said, ‘just take it off’.

But here's the part that would absolve any of us of any murderous guilt if we were to meet him, the endless possibilities of being a middle aged guy with dense NW1.5:

“By the time I do the UK tour I might have a f*****g perm,” he added. “A Marc Bolan vibe. Who knows man, that’s the beauty of life.”

It's like he f*****g knows how much that pisses me off.

blackg

Reaction score
Let's take into account the source of such fleeting ignorance also found this to be a tale worth regaling in the same article:

Gallagher went on to name his “hair hero” as “Keith Richards circa 1968”. Liam explained: “He’s got the Elvis thing going and it’s really long down [the neck]. That’s the perfect haircut. And I had it a couple of months ago. But last week I just thought, ‘I’m a bit f*****g bored here, I’ll go to the barbers’. And I asked him, ‘do you have any clippers?’ He went ‘yeah,’ so I said, ‘just take it off’.

But here's the part that would absolve any of us of any murderous guilt if we were to meet him, the endless possibilities of being a middle aged guy with dense NW1.5:

“By the time I do the UK tour I might have a f*****g perm,” he added. “A Marc Bolan vibe. Who knows man, that’s the beauty of life.”

It's like he f*****g knows how much that pisses me off.
The world does not resolve around you, so calm down.

blackg

Reaction score
View attachment 65420 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...dark-turns-out-to-be-balding-68-year-old.html

"Balding 68 year old" is a self evident tautology. Most 68 year olds are balding/slick. Therefore the clear inference to be drawn here is that the most incongruent adjective they could reach for when searching for an antonym to the male model aesthetic is "balding".
Every point you made was, well... on point.
But please, could you use language more suited to the lay person.
I like a quick read.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every point you made was, well... on point.
But please, could you use language more suited to the lay person.
I like a quick read.

Stop enforcing your whiney little preferences on others.

And you can lecture me on the world revolving around me after I made a facetious joke?

blackg

Reaction score
Stop enforcing your whiney little preferences on others.

And you can lecture me on the world revolving around me after I made a facetious joke?
If I come to Ireland would you meet me so we can drink and maybe arm wrestle?