Garlic for hair loss ?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading about more traditional and natural Hair loss treatments.

I don't know if anyone has heard of using crushed garlic topically? a guy on a different forum says he heard about a few people who got results from it so he tried it himself for about 6 months (just once a week for 15 mins) and he got better results then all the other meds he has tried, including minoxidil, dutasteride and spironolactone!

The only problem is his head stunk of garlic for days.

Just wondered if anyone else has tried this ? And why would garlic work?

IBM

Reaction score
there's an one year and few months thread about a user that was applying garlic to his head and he noticed some regrowth. Unfortunately and like all experimental treatments there was no pics to prove that.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Got Vampires @ home or what?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
hairsucks said:
I've been reading about more traditional and natural Hair loss treatments.

I don't know if anyone has heard of using crushed garlic topically? a guy on a different forum says he heard about a few people who got results from it so he tried it himself for about 6 months (just once a week for 15 mins) and he got better results then all the other meds he has tried, including minoxidil, dutasteride and spironolactone!

The only problem is his head stunk of garlic for days.

Just wondered if anyone else has tried this ? And why would garlic work?
Is this a joke? :dunno: :mrgreen: :jackit:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
hairsucks said:
Although it sounds like a joke, no it's not. Certainly not as much of a joke as putting giraffe $#iT on your head!! but there was still a 2 year study with 50 people involved in that one, only to prove it does work?

Anyway, my question came about after reading this post (including a recent study on topical garlic for alopecia areata):

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=5&t=18637
Do you realize how many people are going to try rubbing garlic on their head tonight? :jackit:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My good friends grandpa is 90+ years old with a full head of hair. He looks like something out of an italian mob movie. Anyway he's eats a clove of garlic everyday of his life and always has since he was young. He associates having a full thick head of hair at his age to eating garlic everyday. He also attributes be in such good health to it as well. Every other person in the family has no hair so it make me wonder why this guy is still a norwood 0.... :shakehead:

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
hairsucks said:
Although it sounds like a joke, no it's not. Certainly not as much of a joke as putting giraffe $#iT on your head!! but there was still a 2 year study with 50 people involved in that one, only to prove it does work?

Anyway, my question came about after reading this post (including a recent study on topical garlic for alopecia areata):

Do you realize how many people are going to try rubbing garlic on their head tonight? :jackit:

Good, If they stick with it for 6 months and see regrowth then I will too :jackit:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:jackit: :blush:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
My good friends grandpa is 90+ years old with a full head of hair. He looks like something out of an italian mob movie. Anyway he's eats a clove of garlic everyday of his life and always has since he was young. He associates having a full thick head of hair at his age to eating garlic everyday. He also attributes be in such good health to it as well. Every other person in the family has no hair so it make me wonder why this guy is still a norwood 0.... :shakehead:
Does he eat it raw or does he cook it? :jackit: :dunno:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
hairsucks said:
slowburn said:
hairsucks said:

Good, If they stick with it for 6 months and see regrowth then I will too :jackit:
I'm gonna go eat a bulb of garlic. :jackit:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he just eats it raw... he like loves the stuff. :jackit: :ididit:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I'm pretty sure he just eats it raw... he like loves the stuff. :jackit: :ididit:
Garlic raw here I come, I'm going to need a whole bottle of 7 up to wash it down. :jackit: :bravo:

abcdefg

Reaction score
Eating garlic now stops hairloss? ill remind everyone because 1 man is a Norwood 0 and is family is bald does not in any way show a cause effect between eating garlic and it stopping hairloss but im sure people will eat it anyways.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the FDA holds Garlic as number 1 for hairloss. I think... ya dickhead

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
Over on regrowth.com they dicussed an article that showed topical garlic might help treat alopecia areata. Not the same thing I know, but still kind of interesting.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... =5&t=18637

There was also some discussion somewhere (maybe it was here, sorry I can't find the link) about garlic being a good source of lithium and lithium having a potential role in DKK inhibition. IIRC though, the consensus was that even though garlic is high in lithium compared to other substances, the level is still low so it probably wouldn't do much good anyway.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
garlic!!! on our head? OMG...I can't imagine me smell of garlic all day long... :(

this is one of the most unexpected treatment I could think of...

IBM

Reaction score
I dont work tomorrow and after so i'll try to needle my temples and put garlic juice to see the effect on it. Something has to be done.