Game Over

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im quiting all treatments. I havent been feeling well recently. Sore heads all the time etc. Might not be sides but im sick of this sh*t now. Im going to ride it out and when the time comes shave it.

f*** the regime, f*** merck. Im done with fussing over my hair like a b**ch. As of today pill popping is over. From now on life is the only game im playing.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Sore head is from the minoxidil bro. I got the same thing but it went away after a few weeks of usage. minoxidil is a harsh drug and your scalp has to get used to it.
But its up to you man, you can prbly get by for the next 10 years and your hair will be fine, but I wouldn't want to regret not staying on my treatments if things did get worse.. Atleast stay on the nizoral if nothing else.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this is a good thing.
Please keep us updated.
I'm curious to see when/if you need to shave it.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im past caring now i think. Ill go gracefully. Meds only keep from the inevitable for a while anyways. Had a chat with my Doctor and was told how bad finasteride is for me. Im not vain enough to put anything over my health.

I shaved my head to a 3 today. happy enough lol

barcafan

Reaction score
Physically sore head? or mentally fucked up?

I was getting seriously mentally fucked up on finasteride, as well as an obvious clear semen when i bust a nut. finasteride fucked me big time. No problems on minoxidil though.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
exactly buddy. Like a constant hang over. This slight sore head..constant. Sore behind the eyes and a feeling of outer body experience..like i was daydreaming. Guess it fucked me. ah well.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Im past caring now i think. Ill go gracefully. Meds only keep from the inevitable for a while anyways. Had a chat with my Doctor and was told how bad finasteride is for me. Im not vain enough to put anything over my health.

I shaved my head to a 3 today. happy enough lol

post pics of your buzzed cut

as far as i can remember you had pretty good hair

Mens Rea

Reaction score
sorry mate i think this is a one more emotional phase of male pattern baldness

you are very early on IF YOU ARE EVEN BALDING so its v.easy to say those things. you wanted to make sure you stopped any hairloss but a sore head and a few sides puts things in perspective for you because truth is your hair isn't bad

this happened me three years ago - i started finasteride for 2 weeks and soon lost interest and thought "screw this BS ill shave it when i need to....and its not that bad at the moment anyway"

3 years later my hairs thinned and receded and i regret that decision. but then again, even 3 years ago i was worse than u are now.

i think you probably should wait a few more years but i guarantee you you arent actually prepared for bad hairloss - if/when you look in the mirror oneday and are horribly shocked at the difference (afterall it happens gradually, then some day you realise the contrast and it hits you like a ton of bricks)....therein will lie the motivation to reembark on your regime

but for now, if i were you id wait a few years, you started finasteride wayyy too early imo just likea lot of this board do

A

Administrator

Your post implies there are no alternatives.

Drop the finasteride, add Topical spironolactone and Revivogen. Enjoy the freedom from scalp ache, and keep on with the Nizoral to keep the inflammation down.

If you're on Rogaine liquid, switch to the foam for reduced irritation.

Also, enjoy not feeling like crap from the finasteride.

Admin

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
IWP, I have to agree with you. Your hair is not bad enough to even worry and if you don't really care, even better. I have been feeling kind of "off balanced"and kind of "light headed" and this all coincides about the same time I am using minoxidil twice per day again. Today, after applying the minoxidil about 10 to 15 minutes later I felt it big time. I am going to quit for a few days and see if it still happens.

ali777

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
exactly buddy. Like a constant hang over. This slight sore head..constant. Sore behind the eyes and a feeling of outer body experience..like i was daydreaming. Guess it f***ed me. ah well.

I know what you mean. I don't like finasteride. I just don't feel like myself when I take it. I go into some sort of relaxed mood that I can't get out of. The world seems irrelevant to me.

I guess outer body experience is a good description.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
ali777 said:
iwantperfection said:
exactly buddy. Like a constant hang over. This slight sore head..constant. Sore behind the eyes and a feeling of outer body experience..like i was daydreaming. Guess it f***ed me. ah well.

I know what you mean. I don't like finasteride. I just don't feel like myself when I take it. I go into some sort of relaxed mood that I can't get out of. The world seems irrelevant to me.

I guess outer body experience is a good description.

I had exactly that feeling the other day, but only just now linked it to finasteride. It didn't last for long though and wasn't unpleasant - just felt a bit spaced out.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sucks guys, neither finasteride or minoxidil give me any side effects whatsoever, might as well be taking a sugar pill and rubbing water on my head. sorry to hear about it.

but don't say "im not vain enough to take a pill" and sh*t like that. c'mon, people shouldn't be made to feel guilty or bad if they want to take propecia and it works for them. it shouldn't be stigmatized any worse than taking birth control is for girls.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what your doctor said about finasteride? I'm feeling better and better since i've been off it. Rock hard morning erections are back and im horny all the time. its great :woot: Honestly, f*** propecia I wish I had never gone on it.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I may give the low dose a try like some ppl do. the 0.5..well see.

It could be the minoxidil but im guessing finasteride. my Doctor actually had a fit when i told him. Tbh he talked bita sh*t but some stuff rang true. He said to mess with hormones at my age is v unhealthy and i was running risk of infertility?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just from casually browsing these boards I've seen many posts from guys who have been on finasteride for years and years and had healthy babys.

If you're seeing "watery" semen, or have any odd side effects, I'd reconsider. But for me, no change in semen after being on finasteride a year plus, no sides whatsoever, so I think anyone else in a similar situation is in the clear.

Fact is it effects everyone different, but for the far majority it is harmless.

Finasteride has been FDA approved for 11 years now, still a pretty new drug, but I feel like if it negatively effected fertility for the majority of people we'd know by now.

I feel safe taking it (no watery semen or other sides).

Obsidian

Reaction score

s.a.f

Reaction score
[attachment=0:5k46e7u3]aliens-hudson.jpg[/attachment:5k46e7u3]

Attachments

• aliens-hudson.jpg
    aliens-hudson.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 172

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tried 0.5 mg and im good. ll monitor over next while how i feel.

minoxidil is dropped. shame..was working well.